Hangs when editing hp

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

torstan
Great Wyrm

Hangs when editing hp

Post by torstan »

Again with 1.1b1

I managed to set up a group by not importing a goblin, just creating entries from scratch. Now I saved my group and added it to an encounter in the index card format. I then realised I hadn't put in their hp. So I tried to edit them in the index car format. When I clicked on the + to expand the hp section I got a window with Input written in the title bar and no content. When I dragged the window it lagged a bit leaving jittery copies across the screen, but still no content. I closed it via the X button and another one popped up. After 5 or so they stopped coming.

I then decided to do the editing of hp in group tool. I went back to the group I've been creating, opened up the edit group member dialogue, found hp and tried to open the + sign. Same result. I then tried to widen the window by dragging out the edge. Now I get repeated Input windows without any limit that I have found, resulting in a need to close Init tool using the task manager. I'll keep on testing and see if I can find a way around this.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

This is a bug caused by scripts showing up in the tree that create input windows. This would happen both in the IT and GT. I'll create a tracker and get this fixed by the next build. If you are creating combatants that are in the PC category you can edit the index card itself to change these values. For the next release I'll make sure that the hit points value for the NPC category can also be edited.

Thank you very much for the debugging!

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

You're very welcome. I'm currently building a bar fight combat in which there are 28 classed combatants, all of 10th level or higher. It's not feasible to track this manually so I'm seeing if I can manage it in maptool. So far so good, but it inspired me to give init tool another try after a while off. It's come on leaps and bounds since I last tried it. Good work.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Unfortunately 1.1 of IT isn't all that stable yet. You can try using the 1.0 release version.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

No, its fine. I'll use 1.0 for the game, but the bug hunting is useful too.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

This has been fixed in IT 1.1 b2.

Return to “InitiativeTool”