Savage Worlds

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

RPTroll
TheBard

Savage Worlds

Post by RPTroll »

I played with Init Tool with Savage Worlds. I understand there is a way to load up XML files for character sheets. Can someone post an example and the method to load the files?

Also, there are some situation where a character can take the best of two or three cards or ignores cards below a certain number. Can this be simulated in the tool?
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Murgh Bpurn
Cave Troll

Re: Savage Worlds

Post by Murgh Bpurn »

RPTroll wrote:Also, there are some situation where a character can take the best of two or three cards or ignores cards below a certain number. Can this be simulated in the tool?
Any answer to this one?

:)
MB

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

In 1.1 b4 you can add the Level Headed & Quick edges to your combatants. I don't know of any other things that effect the number of cards, if I've missed some tell me.

Murgh Bpurn
Cave Troll

Post by Murgh Bpurn »

jay wrote:In 1.1 b4 you can add the Level Headed & Quick edges to your combatants. I don't know of any other things that effect the number of cards, if I've missed some tell me.
Cool! 8)

However, I can't seem to find out how to do it! :?

:)
MB

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Here are detailed instructions (forgive me if you know this already :)):
  • Make sure you have the Savage World game settings file loaded. You can do that here Tools->Game Settings.
  • Make sure that the combatant that you are trying to modify has a category of something other than default. You can change this by double clicking the combatant and selecting one of the available categories from the dropdown; Ally, NPC Wild Card, PC Wild Car, or Troop. You should see a different index card appear.
  • On the Savage Worlds index card (it will have a graphic of smilin' Jack on it) scroll down to the Edges table. Press the Add... button, a dialog of the available edges (I don't have all of them entered yet) should appear. Click on the box next to the Level Headed and/or Quick edges.

Murgh Bpurn
Cave Troll

Post by Murgh Bpurn »

Ahhhh, thanks :D

I was using the default setting!

Return to “InitiativeTool”