MT Macros in IT?

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

drswoboda
Dragon

MT Macros in IT?

Post by drswoboda »

To continue my random thoughts from reading all the IT forum messages, I am wondering some more about the connection between IT and MT.

Is there a plan to add the chat window of MT to IT, and then to mirror the output of the two apps so that the DM could be working with IT to run the battle while the players are looking at MT to move their characters? And vis versa. If the two apps stay separate(as they are now) that chat window/log window will be an issue as to which one your are using to run the game. The idea of having to monitor two windows is not an appealing thought.

With that in mind, if the chat window was communal, then the work flow would be much better as the output of both apps go to the same display.

Then, and this is the real question I have, MT token macros could be made to function inside of IT. How great would that be! As a DM I am working with the IT app, and I can still right click a creature/player/token in the list and tell it to execute the macro I have created in (for now) MT.

To me, this would be a fantastic work flow.

To that effect, rolling IT and MT into one super application is something that I would definitely pay money to see happen (One of the main reasons I bought DMG is that it is nearly a one stop shop). It just makes sense to me in the long run. If IT and MT remain seperate, there will be a lot of duplicated work to make them really play well together. But, I'm not a programmer by trade so take this as an uninformed opinion.

Happy New Year all!
-David

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Trevor can answer the whens and what exactlies of this, but I believe the plan is to start integration of all of the RPTools in MapTool 2.0. It wouldn't be a mandatory thing, but you would have the option of plugging in the other tools into MapTool.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Well, that would make a swell New Years 08. Now can we clone the RPT programmers like in that new commercial I keep seeing on TV lately?

Me needs candy. . . ;)
-David

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

That is the plan, and if I can get some integration a littler earlier it will go in then.

Return to “InitiativeTool”