Feature Request/Query- Form controls updates.

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

drswoboda
Dragon

Feature Request/Query- Form controls updates.

Post by drswoboda »

Hi Jay,

Is there already, or have you thought about the possibility of a property value allowing an update to the form components?

The idea being something like hit points drop to 1/2 max and your are now eligable to use your 'Second Wind' and the text box on form for that is updated with a new background color, say yellow, to make you aware of this fact. That is one of hundreds of places that could see this being very handy. Some sort of custom component?

-David

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I plan on adding a lot of different scriptable components as I figure out what is needed. If there are any specific types of components that you would like to see, post what they are here and I'll add trackers for them.

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Roger that, Jay.

Off the top of my head I'd like to see a custom version of both JETALabel and JTextField. I like to see both of those components have the ability to dynamically update the font properties (It, Bld, Color, etc.) and update the background color. It could also be useful to be able to flash or blink those components (with a switch to turn it off globally as some folks might hate the idea).

I'll post more thoughts here as I think of possible uses.
Thanks.

-David

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

It would also be good to have the ability to "enable" or "disable" a component via code in the settings file.

For instance, in a form where I am choosing class levels I would like to disable JComboBoxes for options not yet qualified.

-David

Return to “InitiativeTool”