Dropping tokens?

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

ego093
Giant

Dropping tokens?

Post by ego093 »

Is token dropping disabled between MT1.3b22 and IT1.1b2?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I actually believe that it is completely broken. Saying that it was disabled would mean that we did it on purpose. :P It is too soon to try and fix them again since both Trevor and I keep changing the details for tokens on our respective tools. When both releases become a little more stable I'll fix it again. Sorry about that.

ego093
Giant

Post by ego093 »

Heh - nice. No worries. I'm in that in-between mode of trying where to put our player data (IT or MT?!?) and figured if I could drop "tokens" from IT it would be a no-brainer. At this point it's looking like I'll be using MT for most of the data, and use IT for... well... initiative.

I realize that IT integration in MT is a 2.0 thing, but it's getting to the point where the overlap is pushing the need for integration up. Just my two cents.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I agree with you. But, IT requires Java 6 so integrating requires that Trevor move MT to Java 6. He can't do that in 1.3 because it would leave out the Mac folks. So it will just have to wait until 2.0.

I'll take a quick look and see if I can fix it w/o too much trouble. But even then we may end up breaking it again.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

By the time Mac gets around to supporting Java 6, Java 7 will probably be about ready to roll.

Does Apple have an ulterior motive for being so slow to support Java? Like, I don't know, trying to get Java developers to switch over to something else. And, if so, doesn't it hurt Java as a development platform when developers are forced to keeping working with 5 just so they can support Macs?

The point being that at a certain point it seems like developers working on Java have to decide who they really want to support the most: Apple or Java.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

It's my understanding that Apple wants to run the show with Java on OS X... but everybody else sun is running the show when it comes to development. Is it simply not possible for them to devote the resources to ensure OS X is up to par? I can understand a small delay, but this is ridiculous. and certainly makes the platform-free eliteness of Java go down the drain quickly. </rant>

ego093
Giant

Post by ego093 »

The time for QT / KDE has arrived! :)

I have to admit that poor Java and X11 support are why I won't buy a Mac again. I use way too many FOSS packages that every time I try out OSX, I end up installing Linux over it.

That said, one of our weekly players is on OSX, so it looks like our group will wait patiently just like everyone else.

Nrtomes
Kobold

Post by Nrtomes »

I don't know much of anything about java but couldn't we work around the problems by allowing you to save the combatants as a .rptok? Then all we'd need to do is put the matching properties into mapTool.

EDIT: Scratch that... I just checked out the new CharacterTool. Looking good.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Welcome Nrtomes!

The next release of IT will allow .rptok files to be imported and exported.

MacPharlan
Giant

saved tokens

Post by MacPharlan »

Is there a way to use tokens you have already saved? If I want to have all my tokens with macros and such, can I use them in inittool?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

You should be able to load all of your old RPTokens into IT & CT. If you can't email it to me and I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is.

MacPharlan
Giant

Post by MacPharlan »

jay wrote:You should be able to load all of your old RPTokens into IT & CT. If you can't email it to me and I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is.
Great, so when I select the image for IT, I just choose the token saved in MP correct?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Yes, if I understand your question

Return to “InitiativeTool”