potential integration with maptool?

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

brisingre
Dragon

potential integration with maptool?

Post by brisingre »

I think this tool would be a lot more usefull as a minimizeable side panel in maptool than as a standalone. Also, could this send it's information over IP like maptool does?
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Since it is a separate app, initiative tool might see greater usage for those that don’t use maptool. I would use it stand alone, like dice tool if I weren't addicted to maptool for gaming. :-)

I agree that both dice and init tool should be integrated with map tool but with two separate developers being the 'prime' developer it is sometimes easier to develop the tools separately then talk via an interface.

I agree it would be nice to allow init tool to talk over the network. In this case you would have permissions to update data or simply view it as the DM allows.

In the end, I’m just glad I can finally toss my ex-hell spreadsheet
Last edited by RPTroll on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

brisingre wrote:I think this tool would be a lot more usefull as a minimizeable side panel in maptool than as a standalone. Also, could this send it's information over IP like maptool does?
RPTroll wrote:Since it is a separate app, it initiative tool might see greater usage for those that don’t use maptool
Perhaps make it dockable when it's integratable... ;)
Game On!

jay
RPTools Team

Re: potential integration with maptool?

Post by jay »

brisingre wrote:I think this tool would be a lot more usefull as a minimizeable side panel in maptool than as a standalone. Also, could this send it's information over IP like maptool does?
In the future, we do want to tie it into map tool. We have talked about plugins in the past, and init tool could be one of those plugins. It's hard to tell when they can be combined in this way though, since we are both working on the functionality of our respective tools.

Return to “InitiativeTool”