why when i do things...

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

brock
Kobold

why when i do things...

Post by brock »

it lock up or takes for days to do something... the program looks great but it so so slow

my computer is a quad core 2.4 with 2 gig of memory

its not my computer

i tryed 1.1.2 and the beta one too thay do the same thing ...

just when back to the program and it still lock up ...

but windows task amnager said it running ????

brock
Kobold

its evertime i use the lookup..

Post by brock »

i lookup a monster and then i press ok and it just set there ... for days ... i cant say it lock up the windows task manger said its running ... but its not moveing on ... anyone know or gets this problem ???

brock
Kobold

its been 12 mins...

Post by brock »

and it locked up 3 times doing the same thing and download it 3 time to see if it was that ... anyone have this problem ?

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Which game settings are you loading? I think that the monster list only works with the 1.1 D&D settings IIRC.
-David

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I am sorry that you are having so many problems with Init Tool. I have some questions for you to see if we can figure out what the problem is. What version of IT are you running? Which game settings file are you using? What OS are you running on? What version of Java are you using (java -v is the command to figure this out). When you open the Lookup dialog do you see any images in the Token column. Not all of the combatants have images so you may have to scroll to see some. When you selected the combatant did you just click on the row so that it was highlighted or did you click on the Select column so that a check mark was next to the row? Was it locking when you hit OK on the lookup dialog or was it locking up when you hit OK on the add combatant dialog? Did the screen repaint properly? Can you turn on the console and see if there are any exceptions reported?

Thanks for your help!

brock
Kobold

Post by brock »

ok this is what i have quad core 2.4 intel with 2 gig of memory with a 8800 nivida card 340memory windoes xp updated to SP4

Verified Java Version

Congratulations!

You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 3)

When you open the Lookup dialog do you see any images in the Token column

i see some but alot are not there

When you selected the combatant did you just click on the row so that it was highlighted or did you click on the Select column so that a check mark was next to the row?

the checkmark

Was it locking when you hit OK on the lookup dialog or was it locking up when you hit OK on the add combatant dialog?

i click on box human skeleton and hit add then it locks up didnt do it on the bugbear

Did the screen repaint properly?
dont understand th question or didnt get that far :)

Can you turn on the console and see if there are any exceptions reported?

how do you do that?

any more question i can answer ... thank you for trying to help me

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

To turn on the console open the Windows Control Panel and then look for the Java icon and open it. On the window that pops up click the Advanced tag. Open the setting that is called Java Console and then make sure the Show console option is selected. This only works if you started IT from the RPTools website.

What I mean by the screen not repainting properly is that the dialog only looks like it is showing some of the data that it should be. There will be things like partially displayed rows in the table or only some of the rows are displayed while others are not even though they should be there.

Return to “InitiativeTool”