Using Init Tool

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Blakey
Dragon

Using Init Tool

Post by Blakey »

(version v1.0)

Given a campaign like SCAP for example, what is the best way to use Init Tool?

I have a bunch of NPC stats in the back of the book which I would like to add to IT but am not sure of the best way to do this? Is it just a case of creating a bunch of entries in IT using the '+' Add button and just adding all their custom values in? And then saving them off as encounters?

I can't save each individual as a separate encounter as there is no way to open individual encounters and add them to the existing encounter. So do I need to carefully look through my module and figure out where each and every NPC is going to be encountered and add them in as groups? Or is there a better way to add all the NPCs in my adventure in such that they are available inside IT?

Cheers for the help
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

There are a couple of ways to do this. The way I've been doing it lately is to create a group that has your NPC's in it and then drag & drop or cut/copy & paste them to an encounter when you need them. This is pretty flexible and easy to set up. If you decided to take the time to create pre-generated encounters the groups can do that as well. Just place all the NPC's for a specific encounter into a single group and then you can import the entire group with just a couple of clicks.
Another way to do this is to edit the combatant database. This will then add your NPC's to the lookup table you get to from the Add Combatant dialog. This makes it easy to add the NPC's to encounters. Unfortunately the combatant database has to be edited with a text or xml editor since I don't have a an editor for it.

Return to “InitiativeTool”