Notes entry in Group Files

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

If there is a need I will fix that version, I just don't do any new development on it. But, I was able to run the script and get the notes to appear in the index card. Could you email me the group file you created? I'll see if I can get it working correctly for you by either fixing IT or the group file. You can mail me your script as well if you would like and I'll see if I can fix that.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Cheers for your help Jay. Email winging its electronic way to you now...

Cheers
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

I've had this happen. I believe if when you post your reply, if you check the boxes for disable HTML and BBCode then the forum will not modifiy your text. . . IIRC.

Blakey wrote:I see the Problem now!!!

If you put an HTML tag with a minus sign in it, the forum steals it!

e.g. "group-set" becomes just "group"
e.g. "init-modifier" becomes just "init"
e.g. "token/" becomes just "token"

So you cannot post DMGenie code into the forum as it will corrupt it. Same with the output from DMGenie's log file. So please ignore my last post, although it goes to demonstrate the problem.

Cheers!
Blakey

P.S. I still have the issue of Notes not transfering from Group Tool to Init Tool...

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Blakey wrote:Cheers for your help Jay. Email winging its electronic way to you now...

Cheers
Blakey
Got it, thanks. I've found the problem and there is a small bug in the code. I'll see if I can get a build in for it if you still need it.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

drswoboda wrote:I've had this happen. I believe if when you post your reply, if you check the boxes for disable HTML and BBCode then the forum will not modifiy your text. . . IIRC.

Blakey wrote:I see the Problem now!!!

If you put an HTML tag with a minus sign in it, the forum steals it!

e.g. "group-set" becomes just "group"
e.g. "init-modifier" becomes just "init"
e.g. "token/" becomes just "token"

So you cannot post DMGenie code into the forum as it will corrupt it. Same with the output from DMGenie's log file. So please ignore my last post, although it goes to demonstrate the problem.

Cheers!
Blakey

P.S. I still have the issue of Notes not transfering from Group Tool to Init Tool...
You've told me this before, I think. You figure I'd get it right by now :) I've fixed the script I posted earlier in this thread.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Hi Jay,

Thanks for looking at this for me. I have decided to scrap the approach of creating Group Files for my campaign as its actually more work than I need to do and in addition means multiple copies of monsters and NPCs all over the place. So you can effectively ignore this request now.

However.... :D

I am now putting all the creatures AND NPCs from this adventure into my copy of the defaultMonsters.rpdat file, and would like to be able to get the Notes into there, and have it come out on the Index Card view in InitTool. This is not working as far as I can see.

Full details of this issue are here: Click Me

Thanks for all your time and help!
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The new build, Init Tool 1.0b24 has the fix in it to make this work.

Return to “InitiativeTool”