Skip to content

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:12 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Deity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:11 pm 
Jay, is there any update on 4E settings file from anyone? I know you have been spending a lot of time on Maptool (States and templates are way cool!) and Chartool, but a few people seem to have started hacking on the Inittool files and I was wondering if anyone had given you any updates.

Joe

I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

User avatar  Offline
RPTools Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:43 pm 
The settings file for CT & IT is going well. Fobbo & team have gotten all of the races, classes, and armor entered. The fighter and rogue powers are also entered. The rest of the powers are also being entered. What we have left are feats & magic items. I've gotten most of the functionality ready, including the Initiative rolling. Still need to do feats and then find an easier way to create magic items and then it will be ready for testing.

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:14 pm 
I'm slow. I'm not even halfway through wizard and still have warlock to go! Sorry! It's these 3 kids and a wife that works nights what does it...

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:46 am 
This is great I love reading how things are moving along and how new ideas are being projected along the way.

UG I feel for you I do I have many children of my own I won't relay how many because you'll all wonder if we have a tv in the house :lol:

Minions are your friend - Gotta love those mob rules and swarm charges on the meat shields with an immortality complex :D

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:35 am 
So, are we any closer to a 4E settings file? Not to sound impatient or anything, but, ya know...

I'm impatient :)

And I suck because I've been off galivanting around in the woods for almost a week instead of doing something Important like assisting with the data entry.

I suspect all of the folks working on it have been drawn into the mayhem that is the latest batch of MT updates, and if so, you are all excused.

Me: "Right-click."

User avatar  Offline
Giant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:17 am 
We have made more progress on the powers... I believe that the wizard, warlock and ranger powers were submitted since Jay's last update. I have to revisit the ranger powers to fix some issues. I don't know how the other stuff is going... Fobbo should be able to provide more information...

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: Game config files sharing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:54 pm 
I have been lurking for a few days now (I think this group of devs and users is excellent), but I have not been able to definitavely conclude whether the settings files for the various tools (MT, IT, CT) are shared or if each tool needs a separate and different settings file for, say, 4e.

Either way, I am happy to help with a settings files for 4e - in particular for IT and CT as those are what I would make use of first.

Also, in the future I might be able to help with actual development as I am a long-time java dev myself.

-Idan

User avatar  Offline
RPTools Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:59 pm 
Welcome to the forums TwistedNoodle!

The game settings files for CT & IT are the same file, MT uses its own.

Help is always appreciated. You should contact Fobbo to see if you can help with the 4e game settings file. You are also welcome to work on CT/IT code if you wish. That is available in SVN. Instructions are here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=421

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: 4e settings for Map Tool
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:02 am 
So, I have been following (and doing a little bit of helping) in the development of the 4e settings file for CT and IT. Does anyone know about the 4e specifications for MT? Is it done? Is it in progress? Can I help?

I am itching to use MT in its full glory. I have every intention of using it as is, but if it can be further awesomized by 4e configuration then I would like to help speed that process along in any way I can.

Thanks!

Kobold

Post subject: Re: D&D 4e settings file
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:54 pm 
Does this 4e settings file exist for inittool and where would i get it?

User avatar  Offline
RPTools Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 pm 
IT & CT use the same game settings file. The problem is that it is too big to post to the gallery. I've been looking for away around this but it isn't ready yet. There is an older version of the game settings file on the gallery, but I'm not sure that it works any longer. I'll try to get a new build out next week with all of the latest stuff in it.

Kobold

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:38 am 
Ahh..excellent. Thanks.

Kobold

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:40 pm 
I know Jay is trying to get a new build out but I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the dnd4e.rpgame file that they may be willing to PM or e-mail to me? I really like the look of the tool and a 4e rule set would be a lifesaver.

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:59 am 
Bump.

My simple question is, can I use Init Tool to run 4E combats yet?

Blakey

Giant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:23 pm 
Hello all,
I was just getting ready to sit down and write a 4th ed encounter tracker for my computer so I could help move combats along faster. Befor i did that I thought I would come online and see if someone had already done it for me and I found this. The IT is perfect for what I want but it seems to not be 4e ready yet. Can I help and if so where do I need to go to get signed up to start.

thanks,
Red

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next