NPC versus PC

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

wacko76
Cave Troll

NPC versus PC

Post by wacko76 »

Hi.

Okay, from what I see, in IT the NPCs have a different view (in the right-hand frame) than the PCs.

The PC format has lots of buttons to make all sorts of rolls (and the attack buttons are broken).

The NPC format has text links that basically do the same thing, but there does not seem to be a way to make an attack roll here.

Why?

Also, but this maybe specific to my RPG system, NPCs are basically the same as PCs (as variable as PCs in their stats), only controlled by the GM, so they should have the same layout.

The current NPC layout could be used for monsters, though.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The d20 game file is set up to show monsters like the monster manual. I loaded all of the monster data from Andargor's XML files. But I didn't try to parse the attack strings so there wasn't a way to get an attack button to work. If you want to make NPC's use the same view as the PC's go to Tools->Game Settings and select the Combatant Categories tab. Select the NPC category and then you can enter the name of the form you want to use. If you still want to use the NPC card for monsters add a new category which uses the current NPC form. If you do that, you will have to change the category of all monster combatants to see the proper index card.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Also, if somebody could write a JavaScript function to parse the attack line from the monster manual and then execute it I'll add it to the character sheet. Just remember to think about how things might work if there are multiple attacks on the same line.

Return to “InitiativeTool”