InitTool 1.1.b6 (dev) with Gurps

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

makke
Kobold

InitTool 1.1.b6 (dev) with Gurps

Post by makke »

Hi,
I would like to use Inittool in my current Gurps campaign but am somehow unable to set up the settings for the initiative.

I'm searching for a setting that lets inittool determine the turn order via a given stat (e.g. Basic Speed) or something else I can edit in the grouptool.

The effect I want to achieve is that I have only to add two groups and Inittool decides which combatants have the highest Stat (=>greatest Basic Speed) and sets the order likewise.

Thanks in advance,
Markus

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Welcome makke!

If you are using the development version 1.1 go to the tools menu, open up the Game submenu and then choose the Gurps campaign. If that doesn't work for you post here and I'll fix it.

makke
Kobold

Post by makke »

Hi,
I do the following:

# start inittool (with gurps as the active game)
# press green plusbutton (add combatants)
# several times add
# give all of them a name and a basic speed
# press ok

Now they are listed in the order I added them in the add combatants menu. They only get sorted by their basic speed after I start a new encounter.

After starting a new encounter I tried to add new combatants with different basic speeds but they weren't inserted in the correct order (I think they are added before(?) the currently active combatant) - after restarting the encounter everything was correct again.

If that's the intended behavior an option to add combatants with their normal initiative would be quite cool. A more direct way to add opponents without going through all the stat submenues would be nice, too. Something like the "mod"-entry under add combatants but with basic speed. (btw. does the entry "mod" change anything when using gups as the active game?)

Btw. Inittool is really a neat program that greatly enhanced the speed of our actionscenes (I always mixed the order up ;) ) thanks a lot for it! =)

Markus

Edit: Is there a way to ad posture-marker or something like that to inittool?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

makke wrote:# start inittool (with gurps as the active game)
# press green plusbutton (add combatants)
# several times add
# give all of them a name and a basic speed
# press ok

Now they are listed in the order I added them in the add combatants menu. They only get sorted by their basic speed after I start a new encounter.

After starting a new encounter I tried to add new combatants with different basic speeds but they weren't inserted in the correct order (I think they are added before(?) the currently active combatant) - after restarting the encounter everything was correct again.

If that's the intended behavior an option to add combatants with their normal initiative would be quite cool.
That is the intended behavior. Adding an option to place combatants in the correct order is a good idea. I'll add a tracker for it.
makke wrote:A more direct way to add opponents without going through all the stat submenues would be nice, too. Something like the "mod"-entry under add combatants but with basic speed. (btw. does the entry "mod" change anything when using gups as the active game?)
It should be relatively easy to add more properties to the table that is displayed under add combatants. Which ones do you want to see there?
makke wrote:Edit: Is there a way to ad posture-marker or something like that to inittool?
Probably. What is a posture-marker? :)

makke
Kobold

Post by makke »

jay wrote:It should be relatively easy to add more properties to the table that is displayed under add combatants. Which ones do you want to see there?
A Basic Speed entry that influences the initiative would be very helpful.

Properties for weapons + dmg, skill and damageresistance (=>armor) would be nice, too, but they need no "quick edit" entry - in my eyes at least.
Probably. What is a posture-marker? :)
There are several different conditions in gurps: Dead, stunned, unconscious and the postures: standing, crouching, kneeling, crawling, sitting and lying down. A posture marker would be sime kind of flag/label/marker that tells me which combatant is in which state/posture. :)

I think adding the maneuvers would be a good thing, too, since they affect a lot of stuff in gurps combat. It's quite important to have a good overview over the chosen maneuvers because of the great effect some of those have - the All Out Attack for example prevents you from defending at all for a complete round.

Markus

Return to “InitiativeTool”