RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:10 am 






Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

  Print view

Author Message
User avatar  Offline
Giant
 
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 am
Posts: 140
 Post subject: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:25 am 
I've just downloaded 1.3.b6 and tried it out to see if it fixed the problem of forgetting the mods that B2 was having. The good news is that it is remembering them as it should, but for some reason, it keeps giving me negative results on the initiative rolls.

Examples:

Mod Bonus = Result
+7 = 4
+3 = -1
+1 = -3

Any suggestions?


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
RPTools Team
 
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:07 am
Posts: 1766
Location: Austin, Tx
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 pm 
What game settings file are you using? Could you send me the group file you're having problems with?


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Giant
 
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 am
Posts: 140
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:33 pm 
I created a new group called "Supernatural" and started an encounter. Here are the results...

Image

I'm guessing that Heather rolled an 11 and had her +4 mod added in for a total of 15.
Image

I'm also guessing that Tom rolled a 4 and his +7 mod added in for a total of 11.
Image

Now here, Sam has scored a 6 after his +6 mod was supposed to be added in.
Image

And here, Shannon has scored a 5 after his +5 mod was supposed to be added in.
Image

And here's another snapshot where Sam rolled a 2 for initiative after his +6 mod was supposed to be added in.
Image

I can send you the group file if you like or anything else that might help with this. Just let me know.

Thanks for your help. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Giant
 
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 am
Posts: 140
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:58 am 
I've removed everything I could find relating to Initiative Tool off of my system and performed a clean install of 1.1.b2 since that was the one that worked best for me. I haven't gotten any negative results yet but it is obvious that the mods aren't being added in because the results I am getting are lower than the bonuses they are supposed to be receiving.

Any updates on your end?


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Giant
 
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 am
Posts: 140
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:08 am 
Jay,
I sent you a PM almost 2 weeks ago and never got a reply. I don't know if you missed it or just don't have an answer as to why this is happening.

I recently updated my Java to the latest version and once again tried 1.3.b6 getting the same bogus results before deleting it.

Do you have any updates?


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Dragon
 
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:37 am
Posts: 627
Location: Brockton, MA
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:18 am 
Dark Thoughts,

Real life has been a taking most of Jays time. Lets see if we can get another developer in here to help answer your question?

_________________
--
Big Mac


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Dragon
 
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 11:15 pm
Posts: 460
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 am 
Dark Thoughts wrote:
I've just downloaded 1.3.b6 and tried it out to see if it fixed the problem of forgetting the mods that B2 was having. The good news is that it is remembering them as it should, but for some reason, it keeps giving me negative results on the initiative rolls.

Examples:

Mod Bonus = Result
+7 = 4
+3 = -1
+1 = -3

Any suggestions?

I don't know if you got this worked out, but I use Init Tool and I only enter the modifier, so by default, everyone is -5 for Dexterity. I am using the default rules (3.5 I think). Perhaps some of that is inadvertently getting ported over to your custom rules set.


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)
 
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:16 pm
Posts: 11390
Location: Austin, Tx
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:20 am 
Big_Mac wrote:
Real life has been a taking most of Jays time. Lets see if we can get another developer in here to help answer your question?


Unfortunately I don't have any context with the inittool codebase.

Seems like Jay has gone missing. If someone wants to pick up the baton, let me know.

_________________
Dreaming of a 1.3 release


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Giant
 
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 am
Posts: 140
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 pm 
wyrmwood wrote:
I don't know if you got this worked out, but I use Init Tool and I only enter the modifier, so by default, everyone is -5 for Dexterity. I am using the default rules (3.5 I think). Perhaps some of that is inadvertently getting ported over to your custom rules set.


Apparently, that was actually the problem. After weeks of uninstalling and reinstalling various versions of IniTool, it was that simple $#!+ all along.

I never noticed IT making the -5 adjustment before though and I've been using it for several months. Is there a way to format it so it doesn't require full stats to roll accurate initiatives? Or is accepting that everything is -5 or adding an additional +5 to everyone's mod the easiest way to handle it?

Sorry to hear that Jay is MIA. Life has been kicking the crap out of everybody I know lately. Hopefully he can get his issues worked out.


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Dragon
 
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:37 am
Posts: 627
Location: Brockton, MA
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:41 pm 
Dark Thoughts wrote:
wyrmwood wrote:
I don't know if you got this worked out, but I use Init Tool and I only enter the modifier, so by default, everyone is -5 for Dexterity. I am using the default rules (3.5 I think). Perhaps some of that is inadvertently getting ported over to your custom rules set.


Apparently, that was actually the problem. After weeks of uninstalling and reinstalling various versions of IniTool, it was that simple $#!+ all along.

I never noticed IT making the -5 adjustment before though and I've been using it for several months. Is there a way to format it so it doesn't require full stats to roll accurate initiatives? Or is accepting that everything is -5 or adding an additional +5 to everyone's mod the easiest way to handle it?

Sorry to hear that Jay is MIA. Life has been kicking the crap out of everybody I know lately. Hopefully he can get his issues worked out.


Just set their Dex and all else will be fine.

_________________
--
Big Mac


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Dragon
 
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 11:15 pm
Posts: 460
 Post subject: Re: Initiative Tool 1.3.B6 Getting Negative Results?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:23 pm 
Big_Mac wrote:

Just set their Dex and all else will be fine.

Or set them all to 10 if you already have the mod calculated.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 243 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests





Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Style based on Andreas08 by Andreas Viklund

Style by Elizabeth Shulman