The Lost Temple, a MapTool module

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

snikle
Great Wyrm

The Lost Temple, a MapTool module

Post by snikle »

Been working on this for a while, wanted to show off some of MapTool's abilities for creating modules that GMs could download and just open up and play. Uses stamps to store module information in 'GM Pins', an idea that I hope we can expand upon in future releases.

You can get it either on the FUM forums, or directly from our download folder:
http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/communi ... #post11310
http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/downloads/

I would ask that if you do download this, please, please, post something on the FUM forums in the download discussions forum (http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/communi ... y.php?f=26), i am hoping to expand the audience for MapTools in a largely Fantasy Grounds using community. So fitting an uphill battle. :D

Hope some of you enjoy it!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Rock on Snikle !

I'm excited to watch this type of thing move forward !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I will post over there tonight.

I love your pushpin! Can you upload it for us?

I will download your stuff tonight and check it out. Thanks for sharing!

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Added the PushPins to my gallery:
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/snikle/

One note, there are probably some typos and such in the module, and I could have added allot more detail, but I decided to be a slacker and wanted to get it out the door. So if you find the typos, sorry about that, I was being lazy today and just wanted to finish this thing and move on to another target....
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Dude, I know how you feel. I am the same way.

After spending hours on a campaign, your eyes get all bugged out and you get a burning need to upload it for others to see.

You'll fix those in revisions as you will continue to revisit them for demonstrations. That is my prediction ;)

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

LOL Quite possible. Was thinking about that just now as I was driving in my car, maybe doing some 'promotional' MapTool demonstrations, see if I can get more FUM people to try it out.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Nicely done! A very usable scenario with lots of room for the individual GM to modify to suit. I'm sure the Dorpond will appreciate the sparceness that allows GMs to decorate as desired.

The push pins are a great touch.

One comment is that you could have put all three maps in one campaign file.

And I did post on the FUM forums here: Discuss the Lost Temple

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

I originally had them all in one file, but it seemed to cause MT to slow a little (emphasis on little). With it broken up, it seemed to work better. Also, I originally had many more crates, shelves, etc, but after dorpond showed me how he used stamps to fill out the maps, I decided to take them all off and just post the bare map. Next time I will remove the doors as well so he can open the doors as well. :wink:
Thanks for the comments on FUM, hoping it attracts others to try out MT.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Two ideas came to mind while looking over Snikles Lost Temple module.

:idea: An Export option for the GM & Player Notes from the tokens.

Broken down by Map and then Tokens, Stamps & Backgrounds with the Names of each plus the GM & Player notes sections.

:idea: A "box" in the Information Panel for the GM & Player Notes from the tokens.

Select a token and the GM/Player info is there while you can still scroll/zoom around the map or consulting token positions.

Noticed an issue with the GM/Player note fields as well. The text doesn't wrap to the text box boundaries. It behaves rather oddly actually.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Export option, I'm assuming so that people can pick up a campaign file, export all the details, and review it in dead tree form ? That would be simple enough.

Box option, I imagine something like this will be available when we put in campaign and map notes. I don't know if it will be a floating box, but that's certainly an option.

I'll put in trackers for these.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

re: Export

Wasn't necessarily thinking printout but in some type of text form whether HTML, RTF or whatever.

re: box

Was thinking of another pane in the Information Panel more than a floating box. A floating box could be nice as well but that probably would fall under the "player handouts" idea.

From an immersion standpoint it would be nice if the players could double-click on a little Info token and only get a nicely presented text box with the player info in it instead of the whole Token dialog.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote: From an immersion standpoint it would be nice if the players could double-click on a little Info token and only get a nicely presented text box with the player info in it instead of the whole Token dialog.
This is absolutely planned, look for it sooner than later.

Return to “User Creations”