W40K-RPG_FW MOVED TO NEW THREAD

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
booga
Dragon

Re: [Framework] [Dark Heresy] Version 1.0

Post by booga »

Certainly, on the downloadable version (rev 10 I believe) in the first thread of this page, there are those two lines. :

Code: Select all

[actionList = listAppend(actionList, "7. Use Half action to move,"]
      [actionList = listAppend(actionList, "8. Use Half action to ready weapon"]
As you can see, it should be:

Code: Select all

[actionList = listAppend(actionList, "7. Use Half action to move,")]
      [actionList = listAppend(actionList, "8. Use Half action to ready weapon")]
Maybe the version you're testing from is slightly newer than the one on the web page ? I just downloaded it again to make sure I'm not crazy and the parenthesis are missing. The macro works as soon as I add them.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

indeed! funny enough i don't get an error I just don't get those two options.... and hadn't noticed it :oops: (too focused on bugs lately)

Thanks!

o and I put an edit in my last post (not this one), can you look at it plz!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

@Booga,

the fact that you got an error and I didn't made me wonder, could you do a little experiment for me?
-->1. could you equip a autopistol (primary)choose 8 (move).
2. Then equip a shotgun and attack with it.

I was expecting this to throw up an error, but it didn't so I left it for what it was. However it might throw up an error in other systems, so I'm just curious.

[in case you're wondering, the last attack is saved, the internal action number of move in the first instance is 5 (6 actions in total, 0 to 5), the shotgun only has 4 actions (0 to 3). However it will try to set action number 5, which doesn't exist...]

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

I tried, and it woudln't even allow me to move with the Autopistol, as the error would show up before showing the Input window. I get the error right after I click Ok when prompted to equip the weapon.

Actually I'm very surprised that you don't get an error with those missing ), as generally Maptool is pretty adamant about closing ( with an ) :)

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Ok,

I tried on the "fixed" FW. When I used the AUtopistol Macro, the options were
a radio button without any text

so there was no move action to select. Same with Shotgun

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

booga wrote:a radio button without any text
?? this is rather crappy... cause I have the full list?! without empty spaces, and its rather hard debugging, when there is no bug...at my machine.. ah wait I know: in you're suggestion there is still a bug, which I removed: you left a "," at the end, which should be removed!!!

remove the , and try again :D (thnx for putting up)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Just submitted build 11.

@booga try It again with this build. I'll continue with it tomorrow, so no hurry ;-). Thnx!

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

It worked,

indeed I didn't notice that darn lil' "," !

Good job.

PaoloZ
Cave Troll

Post by PaoloZ »

I think I found a bug in the automatic fire routines.

I have used the attack macros for the example token with the autopistol and bolt pistol, firing full auto on the first and semi auto on the second.
When the remaining ammo in the clip is 1 you are still allowed to fire on semi or full auto mode.
If you hit, the macro shows the damage you do and (if you have enough success on your roll) reports you have landed another hit (with relevant damage).

Even with a lot of DoS there is only 1 extra hit scored.
The ammo left in the clip is "-1" (I have noticed this as the clip bars go negative)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

just uploaded:
b12: (11 feb 10):
  • fixed ammo count bug with auto and semi burst (reported by Paoloz) and more related bugs which I found along the way
  • righteous fury is now mentioned when this happens with ranged weapons AND a check is done with auto an semi bursts to see if a RF is among them
  • dual strike is added (same as shot) and both are added to Take Damage. So both talents can now be used within the system

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”