Since I got such positive feedback on a monster pdf parser here http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13237
Here's what I have so far for a character sheet parser. You can print a character builder file to a pdf, highlight all of it, paste it into a textbox, then the macros will parse it out into sections, fill out your token stats such as AC,HP and more, then it will create a frame that contains all your powers. It has clickable links to roll to-hit and damage. I also created a little "Modifier" window to hold temporary bonuses to hit.
1: Add a whopping 4 campaign variables. In the menus go to Edit...Campaign Properties and add the following variables
(make sure to click Update when done)
2: Save this token and drag it into MapTools.http://rpgconnect.org/files/RegExParserChar.rptok
3: Then look at the picture below and you can figure it out. I happen to be using Basic4E framework found herehttp://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10015
I can't figure out how to get setProperty to work so you sadly have to add those 4 variables to your campaign. I'm at my wits end programming in MapTools.
This time I parsed out the powers and put html tags around each part. I store that in PowerCardHTML. Then I parse that again and take each part and store that in variables that would be usable in other frameworks. Note: the variables contain html tags so POWERNAME="<powername>Tide of Iron</powername>"
I also can't figure out how to put line breaks back in. So if I replace all \\\n with <br> I can't figure out how to turn those <br> back into \\\n before placing that in a textarea. Help would be appreciated. It would be nice to see the html so people could touch up powers and possibly add the frequency for utilities.
I also have very little idea how to use json arrays so for me, storing the powers in ProperPowerCardHTML with html <tags> works as one giant variable for me.
I also don't know how to make my own function in Maptools so I pasted the same code over and over so it's ugly.
There are some flaws:
1. Utility powers don't pull the frequency like if it's a daily or encounter power, since if you notice on the sheet it is a checkbox that holds that info.
2. If you try to edit the code, it becomes unstable. I don't know why, it might be because of some weird characters that get pulled in from the pdfs like FormFeed etc. It would be nice if MapTools had a htmlspecialchars function.
3. Not pulling magic items cards yet.
4. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make nicer div tags that would make the powers red and green without crashing so they are all black bordered for now.
5. I didn't do skills or feats yet, but they are actually quite simple to do.