Define our own Quickmaps

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
dorpond
RPTools Team

Define our own Quickmaps

Post by dorpond »

I think the quickmaps are fine for the first time user but I never use them for my more advanced campaigns. Instead, I would like to be able to do one of the following:

1. Edit our own Quickmaps list. By default we can have the existing list but for those who are familiar with Maptool, they can put their own quickmaps that they use often in that list. It would be completely editable.

2. Leave the quickmaps as is but instead have a Most Popular or Favorites in the New Map dialog.

Just having the ability to quickly pull open the backgrounds we use all the time. I am always browsing folders looking for my backgrounds. I guess as a workaround, I could create a favorites folder in the iamge explorer and put them in there. *shrug*

Thoughts?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I've actually spent time (recently coincidentally).

One of the reason they are "Quick" maps is because they are built into MapTool which means that there is no wait time while the image is transferred to other players ... it's quick.

I could see doing #2 though.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

I like the favorites idea, I tend to reuse the same backgrounds over and over for maps, so that would be good.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Tracker added for 1.3
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “MapTool”