[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b63 Campaign Macros r05

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b63 Campaign Macros r05

Post by neofax »

The difference is due to stacking armor mods. So, for your normal armor, put it in Armor. Then for magical items/feats/traits and such if they stack, place the modifier in the ArmorMod. Same goes for Shield. Now, for the armor to work, the character will have to equip the armor. Then the AC will adjust. Otherwise, the armor is in your sack/backpack/saddlebag/bag of holding...

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

I see that a forum was created for this monster thread, hooray. However, there is no button for New Topic to create any messages in that forum. :(

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Doh! Thanks, Todd. The forum inherited the settings of its parent forum! I'll get that fixed right now.

(By way of an excuse, I do see a New Thread button. :mrgreen:)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

@LMarkus: How can I add fonts to the list of available fonts for the Handouts? I am about to run Legacy of Fire and Kingmaker and would like to have Arabian, Gothic, Renaissance and Handwritten type fonts to the list.

Corea
Kobold

Post by Corea »

Is there a way to secretly roll NPC attacks?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Corea wrote:Is there a way to secretly roll NPC attacks?
I drag the Attack button to the GM section, then edit the macro and add /self above the first line.

I also do that with HP Change, HP Temp, and a few others that I don't recall off-hand.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote: I have noticed that b66 is unhappy with "duplicate" token property entries (there are some --- separators in the property list that trigger this issue) and so I need to strip those out for an update.
I have already fixed this in my version of your campaign. If you want me to send you the Pathfinder bit, I will.

LMarkus, would you be inclined to add a couple items to the Core input() dialog for me and others in your next update? I would like to track XP, GP, PA, Class, Language and Faction for Pathfinder Society Organized Play.

Some of these are easy things so would be happy to work them in, I would need more details as I don't know what Pathfinder Society Organized Play is... (I assume it is like the WotC Living Campaigns?).

One of the tough ones on your list is Class. At first blush this seems easy. But once it is included it opens up a can-o-worms. So I would want to think through it. Initially I would imagine a json object that contains an array of class name; level, and another "display" property to make it human readable.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:@LMarkus: How can I add fonts to the list of available fonts for the Handouts? I am about to run Legacy of Fire and Kingmaker and would like to have Arabian, Gothic, Renaissance and Handwritten type fonts to the list.
You can't reliably do this. The fonts I supplied are generically available web fonts which means they will work for everyone. If you want to use any other font, then each person connecting will need to have your fonts installed on their machines (and deal with the copyright issues etc.). So when I put in the list of options, I selected "web-safe" fonts only.

With that said, the relevant macro you are after is editThisHandout. It has been a while since I messed with this, but I think if you add a font to this line it will become available in the pull-down list...

Code: Select all

[H: fontList = "Arial, Comic Sans MS, Courier New, Georgia, Lucida Console, Times New Roman, Verdana"]

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

SDShannonS wrote:
Any plans to include a Coup de Grace option in the Special Attacks any time soon?

Shannon
I will add this to the list, it should be pretty easy.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Corea wrote:I'm trying to get some proper armor equipped but I'm having some trouble.

What is the difference between Armor and ArmorMod? Shield and ShieldMod, etc?

Why the inclusion of ability mods? For armors that give you mod bonuses?

It's strange because if I enter 5 for armor or armor mod my AC increases by 10. (edit: I noticed that even after edits, the properties do not change. Bug? That is why my AC does not change even when I edit a field back to 0 or a different number)
I posted a reply in this other thread:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=14517

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

lmarkus001 wrote:
neofax wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote: I have noticed that b66 is unhappy with "duplicate" token property entries (there are some --- separators in the property list that trigger this issue) and so I need to strip those out for an update.
I have already fixed this in my version of your campaign. If you want me to send you the Pathfinder bit, I will.

LMarkus, would you be inclined to add a couple items to the Core input() dialog for me and others in your next update? I would like to track XP, GP, PA, Class, Language and Faction for Pathfinder Society Organized Play.

Some of these are easy things so would be happy to work them in, I would need more details as I don't know what Pathfinder Society Organized Play is... (I assume it is like the WotC Living Campaigns?).

One of the tough ones on your list is Class. At first blush this seems easy. But once it is included it opens up a can-o-worms. So I would want to think through it. Initially I would imagine a json object that contains an array of class name; level, and another "display" property to make it human readable.
Thank you! Yes, Pathfinder Society is very similar to WotC Living Campaigns. If you don't want to add Class, that is fine as I would just add it to the tokens label. The fonts I would add will be open and free fonts so do not contain copyright encumbrances. I will also send the players a zip file with the fonts and assets to speed up the D/L as I use your handouts(which is the best thing ever!) and some are quite large.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Traps and Hazards. How do you all deal with these? Do you just place a token on the map on hidden layer, placing GM notes for the Perception and Damage rolls? Or, do you actually make a fully stat'd token?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I don't believe in auto-matting everything because that takes time. If I need to keep track of the info, I do use a transparent token, a state that only I can see and gm notes.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

neofax wrote:Traps and Hazards. How do you all deal with these? Do you just place a token on the map on hidden layer, placing GM notes for the Perception and Damage rolls? Or, do you actually make a fully stat'd token?
I had started building tokens that when clicked would find all tokens within some predefined area and automatically roll a given skill check. The area, the skill check, and the DC were all properties of the object.

This would allow the object to handle Climb checks, Strength checks, Swim checks, and so on.

But it was too cumbersome to use -- I had to switch to the Object menu to see the macros on the token, then switch back when I was done. Not enough payoff. :(

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

Is there any way to apply a bonus or penalty to a character's CMD or CMB? If, for example, a character has a trait, feat, item, etc. that grants a +1 bonus to CMD, there does not appear to be any way to apply that. The campaign properties do not include a CMD or CMB property - the value gets calculated on the fly by each different special attack macro. And it can't even be added to the macro manually because then it would apply to every character instead of just the character with the bonus.

I suggest adding a couple campaign properties to the Pathfinder set: CMB and CMD. Then, the called macro can reference those properties instead of calculating them on the fly at runtime.

Shannon
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
- Jayne

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”