Token States...

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Klandaghi
Kobold

Token States...

Post by Klandaghi »

Would it be possible to have an option to load a tokenstate save file on the preferances tab? So each time you started Maptools it would load that specific token state?

Just a small request. Keep up the AWSOME WORK YOU GUYS ROCK!

Thanks,
Klandaghi

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Welcome to the forums Klandaghi !

Good thinking, I'll add in a tracker.

What I might do is save it with the campaign. Also keep the export option so you can transfer it to other campaigns
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Dalna
Dragon

Post by Dalna »

I know this sounds like a weird way to do token states. But I would like to give tokens maybe a 3 or 4 character token states that can be seen at the bottom of a token. This could help many games like D&D or Mechwarrior.

Like for Mech warrior I would like to mark Its movement type last take by a letter like. N = None, W= Walk, R=Run and J=Junp. (Because this affects how hard it is to be hit.) I could also use a letter for turrent direction using A-F for which hex relating to true north it is facing. Then I would use another letter for anything else special...Like being prone or whatever. (It might be nice to have a color block for these letters so that you can pick a color that stands out compaired to the rest of the token and the background for each token. I can't see using borders the need for mutiple ones would make it hard.)

We want to include as many games as possible we could allow these states to be manually changed to any number alpha numeric combination we desire with a maximum character length of say 3 or 4.

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

I would love to see any improvements that allow more battle type games to be played.

Turrets are important in those.

Denoting Forward Side and Rear facing of weapons is important. Especially on items that are larger than one unit/square/hex.

Many games use markers to denote states of the unit. It would be nice to be able to make those items move as one thing, instead of having a bunch of markers to move. Although moving the markers individually is more like a table top in RL.

I wonder if in 20 years people will be talking about making a virtual online game on a table top. Instead of making virtual table tops.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I'll be adding hover-over stats of 3-4 properties here pretty quick
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

dLANbandit wrote:I wonder if in 20 years people will be talking about making a virtual online game on a table top. Instead of making virtual table tops.
Actually, many manufacturers are racing to build flexible LCD's that can bend and some even roll up. That could be your battlemat - just plop it on the table and run Maptool to it - THAT WOULD ROCK!

Do a search in Google for Flexible LCD or Roll up LCD

When I was 20, they said that holographic technology was 10 years away. I am 37 now and it still isn't here yet :( I actually wanted to go to school for that :P

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

it is here, it is just expensive.

Return to “MapTool”