DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

DeviantNull
Dragon

Re: DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:I can't seem to reproduce Asturia's bug, for whatever reason. Passive insight and perception are both set just fine on my end. However, on a non-bug front, I notice passive perception/insight aren't on the mouseover stat sheet any more. Might want to tweak that. Those are kinda important "at a glance" stats for the GM to know. It's far easier to just briefly mouse over the PCs than check everyone's character sheet individually if you need to know if anyone spots a trap. I'm afraid I don't know exactly what the formatting would be to implement this on my own.
It's only affects Insight for me. Perception seems to work just fine. I'll have to check the code, but from a quick check it's not saving the Passive Insight total correctly. I'm possibly saving to the wrong property OR I'm not saving it all (possibly clipped on accident when I fixed something and didn't copy & paste perception correctly).

Your question is much easier. In a shocking twist, DNA_PassivePerception & DNA_PassiveInsight holds the values. You can do a simple

Code: Select all

*@DNA_SHOW_Passive(Passive):Per: {DNA_PassivePerception} / Ins: {DNA_PassiveInsight}
or whatever formating you want. Don't know if folks like multiple lines or single lines or what.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Darakonis wrote:As for the top/bottom; I figure putting it at the top lowers the risk of it interfering with token states, since few states appear at the top, and the health bar is big enough to partially obscure token states.
I also use the mouseover checkbox for my health bars to keep them hidden most of the time.

@DeviantNull - Great looking framework.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Hitting a glitch with magic item powers. Every time I try to edit an item that uses damage/healing in its power(s), I'm prompted for a value for DNT_EntryDamageSpecial. However, just giving it the default 0 value allows me to proceed without any apparent trouble, so this isn't a major deal. Also the power doesn't seem to actually utilize the Implement keyword, but I judge by the fact Implement isn't bolded on the edit view that this is already known (and perhaps deliberate?). Well, and the fact it doesn't prompt for what weapon/hand to use is probably kind of a factor in that, to say the least. But it's very easy to just manually input the modifiers the item applies to itself.
Thanks for the info on perception! In the properties list it looked like those properties only stored the "base" value, so I thought adding them would just give me 10's.
Last edited by Venatius on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

this looks really great. the first time I have tried it since the original version did nothing with targeting. Anyway, question. I had two tokens on the board and one attacked the other. The printout to the chat was correct, but clicking on damage link applied that damage to the selected(attacker) creature instead of the one that was hit.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

jfrazierjr wrote:this looks really great. the first time I have tried it since the original version did nothing with targeting. Anyway, question. I had two tokens on the board and one attacked the other. The printout to the chat was correct, but clicking on damage link applied that damage to the selected(attacker) creature instead of the one that was hit.
Damage is applied to whatever token(s) is/are currently selected. That's normal. Don't worry, it threw me a little at first too. I find it's generally good to have players manage the damage they take, since they'll have their own tokens selected anyhow (and will generally know their own modifiers pretty well - okay, depending on the player).

Darakonis
Cave Troll

Post by Darakonis »

How to Add Equipped Items to the Mini StatSheet

Why?

So that you can quickly see, at a glance, what everyone presently has equipped without having to go through each character sheet individually.

First, Click Edit>Campaign Properties. Under the Token Repositories tab, select DNA. (If you experience a MapTool bug that gives you a Token Properties window that doesn't display correctly, simply either alt-tab in and out of MT, or switch to and from the Sight, Light, etc. tab.)

Second, add the following lines of code at the bottom of the large input box:

*Main Hand:{if(json.get(DNA_Equipped, "MainHand") == 0, "", json.get(getProperty("DNA_Item" + json.get(DNA_Equipped, "MainHand")), "Name"))}
*Off Hand:{if(json.get(DNA_Equipped, "OffHand") == 0, "", json.get(getProperty("DNA_Item" + json.get(DNA_Equipped, "OffHand")), "Name"))}
*Armor:{if(json.get(DNA_Equipped, "Armor") == 0, "", json.get(getProperty("DNA_Item" + json.get(DNA_Equipped, "Armor")), "Name"))}
And that's it. This will display items held in the main and off hands, as well as any armor that is equipped. If nothing is equipped in any of those three "slots," then the entry will disappear from the statsheet until something is equipped there.

If you wish to make more slots visible on the statsheet, all you need to do is add the following line of code and replace XXX and YYY:

*XXX:{if(json.get(DNA_Equipped, "YYY") == 0, "", json.get(getProperty("DNA_Item" + json.get(DNA_Equipped, "YYY")), "Name"))}
Where:

XXX is the name you assign to the entry in the statsheet. It can be anything.

YYY is the item slot name.

Available item slot names are:

MainHand
OffHand
AltWeapon1
AltWeapon2
Armor
Shield
Head
Neck
Arms
Hands
Waist
Feet
Ring
Ring
Tattoo
Item1
Item2
Item3
Item4
Why would anyone want to add a Neck slot item to the statsheet?

Maybe a character has a very evil-looking necklace, but the DM is too busy keeping track of a thousand other things to remember that when said character enters the Shrine of Goddy McTwoshoes [sic]. But as he passes his mouse over the character, hey! There's a nice reminder that the Priestess should stop acting warm and welcoming and start unleashing some righteous whoop-donkey.

Peace,
-Darakonis
Visit the D&D Digest for RPG tips & reviews.

Listen to the adventures of a live MapTool voice-chat group: Dungeons & Drogans

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:Hitting a glitch with a magic item with a damage-dealing power. Every time I try to edit the item, I'm prompted for a value for DNT_EntryDamageSpecial. However, just giving it the default 0 value allows me to proceed without any apparent trouble, so this isn't a major deal. Also the power doesn't seem to actually utilize the Implement keyword, but I judge by the fact Implement isn't bolded on the edit view that this is already known (and perhaps deliberate?). Well, and the fact it doesn't prompt for what weapon/hand to use is probably kind of a factor in that, to say the least. But it's very easy to just manually input the modifiers the item applies to itself.
Thanks for the info on perception! In the properties list it looked like those properties only stored the "base" value, so I thought adding them would just give me 10's.
ARGH! I'm pretty sure I know what i did wrong here... I copy and pasted a chunk over from Powers into magic items and forgot to change the property in the switch. Simple fix.

I'm not sure how I want to handle patching this in between now and when I do a 5.1 when I've collected enough fixes to make it worth it. Not sure if it's easier to just post the code for copy & paste, copies of the individual macros, or just the whole Lib:Token.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Individual macros are probably the easiest "interim patch", but whatever is easiest for you is fine!

Darakonis
Cave Troll

Post by Darakonis »

Warning: Do not Give an item that you have equipped. Terrible, terrible things happen. As in, you can no longer edit your Equipped Items. Or open your character sheet.

Error code:

Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.contains".

EDIT:

Actually, I don't know what causes the error. I did the same thing with the item unequipped, and I buggered it up again. I was transferring items from Backpack to a new slot I created by using the Give command to give the item to the same character (ie Zook gave Zook a sword). I'll also sometimes get:

Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.get".

when I try to fix things.

EDIT: It seems to be happening anytime I try to give "myself" an item. So, lesson learned: don't Give yourself an item. Use an intermediary first (that's what I'm about to try).

EDIT: Nope that didn't work. Actually I'm thinking it may have something to do with the fact that I'm using characters that were converted over from the last version of the framework. Maybe I just need to go into the token itself and delete all the entries in the equipment macro sections.

EDIT: No, it happens on new tokens as well. Something happens when Giving items that seems to leave behind some blackhole that breaks the character sheet.

Peace,
-Darakonis

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Darakonis wrote:EDIT: No, it happens on new tokens as well. Something happens when Giving items that seems to leave behind some blackhole that breaks the character sheet.
Really? I ran tests on things and it seems to be working. I don't recall making any last minute changes to it. This is disturbing. I'll get on this one right away.

Darakonis
Cave Troll

Post by Darakonis »

DeviantNull wrote:
Darakonis wrote:EDIT: No, it happens on new tokens as well. Something happens when Giving items that seems to leave behind some blackhole that breaks the character sheet.
Really? I ran tests on things and it seems to be working. I don't recall making any last minute changes to it. This is disturbing. I'll get on this one right away.
Yep I'm able to reproduce the error pretty consistently now.

1. Open up the framework campaign file.
2. Create two PC tokens.
3. Create a container on each token.
4. Create an item on one token.
5. "Give" item to the other token.
6. Try to edit the equipped items on the Giver Token. Bam, error code.
7. Close character sheet. Try to open character sheet. Bam, error code.
8. Double-click token, go into Properties, and delete anything that follows DNA_Item(...)
9. Open character sheet, and you've "saved' the character sheet, minus anything in equipment.

Peace,
-Darakonis

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Here are some macros that fix the following issues:
*Fixed* HP Bonus not included in HP calculations
HPEdit v5-1.mtmacro
(1.76 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
*Change* HP Bonus now adds in after HP multiplication
HPCalc v5-1.mtmacro
(1002 Bytes) Downloaded 130 times
*Fixed* Passive Insight not calculating
VisionEdit v5-1.mtmacro
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
*Fixed* Magic Items Powers prompting for DNT_EntryDamageSpecial
ItemPowerStats v5-1.mtmacro
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
*Fixed* Giving items breaks equipping items
ItemList v5-1.mtmacro
(2.74 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Everything is found on Lib:Sheet.
HPEdit, HPCalc, and VisionEdit are all in the Stats Edit subgroup.
ItemPowerInfo and ItemList are in the Items subgroup.

Delete the old macros and import the new ones.

Not that it matters, but the HP and Passive Insight were simple typos causing issues. Magic Item Powers prompting was caused by me copy & pasting and not changing the DNT_EntryDamageSpecial to DNT_PowerDamageSpecial. Such silly errors.

Giving Items? I WAS right... more or less. Giving items works AND I checked it AND I made no changes to it. Bwah, you say? Yup. It was an error in the ItemList that was basically passing the wrong Slot Index to the Give macro. I changed the item property ItemSlot to ItemType due to frequently getting them confused (I store the Type, it's just fluff. It goes with a Slot index stored on the Lib:Info token and I look up the Slot if I need it. Thus naming the property ItemSlot was stupid of me). However I was still using the property ItemSlot to try and determine which extra index lists the items were in and as a result it was not removing them. Therefor when the Equipment macro tried to build lists of things you can equip in the slots it had an item it had no entry for and would break.

I'm still working on the older token updater. I need a broken one to speed up the process... I'm going to try making one and breaking it.

dustyX
Kobold

Post by dustyX »

Since you asked, here's a couple of broken tokens. The Adept of Bane breaks at the powers updating. The human rabble breaks at the updating the base, but the power update works just fine.

Removed for copyright stuff, etc etc, wouldn't want to get in trouble now would we?
Last edited by dustyX on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Does anyone know where alignments are listed now? The alignment macro in misc rules on the information token doesn't seem to be it. Wherever it's pulling from still has "Super Evil" listed, for one thing. I ask because I prefer to use the old 3E alignments, and it was very easy to just edit those back in before, but I can't quite figure out how to do it in this one.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:Does anyone know where alignments are listed now? The alignment macro in misc rules on the information token doesn't seem to be it. Wherever it's pulling from still has "Super Evil" listed, for one thing. I ask because I prefer to use the old 3E alignments, and it was very easy to just edit those back in before, but I can't quite figure out how to do it in this one.
Oh... that's awesome. I just *love* it when something from testing lingers around. Additionally, this was an interesting little oversight bug.

Add the Campaign Property "AlignmentList" to the Property list Information (not DNA). It will now show on the Lib:Information property list. Now using the Alignment macro on the Lib:Information token will change it when you alter the macro (you have to actually run the macro once to reset it).

You might also want to change the macro, but it should work as is.

[H: setLibProperty("AlignmentList", json.append("", 
"Lawful Good", 
"Good", 
"Unaligned",
 "Evil", 
"Chaotic Evil"
), "Lib:Information")]
Onto the list of fixed bugs for 5.1. I'm up to 6. 7 if you count fixing the updater. 8 if you include adding passive perception to the mini-stat sheet.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”