DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

DeviantNull
Dragon

Re: DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:Noticed both a bug and a typo. Minion XP seems to be calculating wrong. It's dividing by four twice. For instance, a level 1 minion (worth 25 XP; 100/4=25) is shown as being worth 6.25 (25/4=6.25).
Edit: Well, okay, level 2 minions are coming out as 12.5, which is still wrong but doesn't quite seem to be what my formula there would predict, so I'm not sure what's going on.
After tying things some... I can't replicate this. Exactly where is the error appearing and what are you doing?

If I edit a token and enter in a level and blank the XP line it calculates correctly, same if I do the reverse. Leveling appears to be working as well. I can't find this bug.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:I thought the groups were going to be a great help, but having the icons and the ability to reorder them is better for me because it takes up less real estate.
Yeah, same here. The icons were F-ing brilliant if I do say so and LordAelfric did an outstanding job. About the only one I'm a little iffy on is Free actions and I wish I could differentiate between Immediate Interrupt and Immediate Reaction. But that is totally not his fault and all mine since I did the initial mockups and he just made them look awesome.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

DeviantNull wrote:and blank the XP line it calculates correctly
And THAT would appear to be what I overlooked. Soon as I blanked the zero in the XP, its was fine. I apologize for my negligence. Is it possible to make that no longer necessary under the current setup, though? It's a very minor thing and all, but cutting unnecessary steps like that is always a good thing when possible, I think. I don't recall having to do any XP tweaking under the old version to get it calculating properly, so I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly?) it could be that way again.

P.S. Having gone combing back through the instructions just to see if this was something I missed (so as to feel less silly if it wasn't in there), let me belatedly applaud the Gurren Lagann reference. Kamina is a Bravura Warlord, no question about it.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

If you ever get done with all my complaining, I have an option I would like to see happen.
Some magic items don't need shown on the Powers page because the power is something like +1 to acrobatics, or +1 Healing Surge.
Both of which are already added.
If there was a check box when making Magic Items that said don't show on the powers page, that would Awesome.
Last edited by PinkRose on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a special snowflake!

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Bug:

If you have your unarmed showing (not only is that a fashion faux pas in 2010) when you convert your token, you won't be able to remove it.
When selecting it, you get an error.

Code: Select all

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 error executing expression DamageAbility = json.get(json.get(DNA_AbilityScores, DNT_PowerDmgAbil), 2).
And it doesn't show up in the info window, which means you can't edit it to delete it, so it just sits there in your equipment.

The fix for this, unless DN does some magic, is to delete the unarmed "weapon" before converting the campaign.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:If you have your unarmed showing (not only is that a fashion faux pas in 2010) when you convert your token, you won't be able to remove it. When selecting it, you get an error.
Yeah, I'm aware of this one. It's supposed to strip out the unarmed before hte conversion. I'm still working on it... it's annoying.

In other news, I'll probably put up a 5.1 here shortly. At the very least I'll put up a bunch of fixed macros that cover all the previous stuff sometime tonight.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

One more.

It appears that if you remove the initial backpack from a converted token, it breaks the equipment tab.
If you change the name of the "Backpack" it breaks the equipment tab.
If you copy the backpack to the same token it breaks the equipment tab.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:One more.

It appears that if you remove the initial backpack from a converted token, it breaks the equipment tab.
If you change the name of the "Backpack" it breaks the equipment tab.
If you copy the backpack to the same token it breaks the equipment tab.
Can't duplicate. Everything on a converted token and equipment management appears fine to me. In fact, I've been troubleshooting the Item updater by just running it over and over and deleting the bags it makes.

You likely have something else broken somewhere. Edit the token and check DNA_BagIndex. You should have 1 entry in the list for every bag the token has. You likely have an extra entry. You can impersonate a token and then use [json.get(getProperty("DNA_BagXXXXXX"), "Name")] to retrieve the name of the bag that has XXXXXX as it's id. When you find one that either shouldn't be on the token OR that returns a JSON error, delete that entry from the DNA_BagIind list.

If you can't find any bag that doesn't belong or the list is fine, there's another error somewhere. Try [setPropery("DNA_SubPageUSERNAME", "")] to close all open subpages and then go to the equipment page and try opening each sub page 1 at a time and see where it stops loading. That subpage is the culprit.

Though this did let me discover the Bag delete and copy code isn't stripping the bags out of the users subpage listing. It doesn't really affect anything, but it does need to be fixed eventually.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Too many macros to update to them individually. Here are all 3 lib tokens, they should work just as fine as drop in and go. I also included an updated MTprop file since it has the change to add AlignmentList to the Information list as well as includes options for the new health bar.Heres what the changes include:

*Fixed* Can't save action point Info
macros: ActionPointNotesEdit@Lib:Sheet
*Fixed* Item Condition window formating off
macros: ItemConditionSort@Lib:Sheet, ItemConditionsEntry@Lib:Sheet
*Fixed* Power Condition window formating off
macros: PowerConditionEntry@Lib:Sheet
*Fixed* Condition notes not showing from item use
macros: ItemUseAttack@Lib:Execute
*Fixed* Trigger & Requirements both showing on PowerList if either selected and both have entries
macros: PowersList@Lib:Sheet
*Fixed* Targets should be Target's in condition durrations
macros: ConditionDurrations@Lib:Information (needs to execute)
*Fixed* perception spelled as passive on character edit
macros: VisionEditDisplay@Lib:Sheet
*Fixed* add temp to temp hp gain output
macros: HPRecoard@Lib:Execute
*Fixed* Saving Throws for condtions not adding in the conditions penalty
macros: SavingThrow@Lib:Execute
*Fixed* Token item updater creating unaccessable Unarmed entry on some tokens
macros: Item Updater v5@Lib:Information
*Fixed* Token power updater not working on some tokens with default power groups
macros: Power Updater v5@Lib:Information
*Change* Power Ranges changed to display weapon ranges and reach property and better detection on if a powers distance should be displayed (supressed on some range selections such as close or personal). Similar change made to Item Powers
macros: PowerInfo@Lib:Sheet, ItemPowerStats@Lib:Sheet, PowerRanges@Lib:Information (needs to execute)
*Change* Initiative shortened to Init and it and Perception right justified in NPC header
macros: NPCHeader@Lib:Sheet
*Change* Power Info formating adjusted for table cellpadding to bring it in line with the style of the other info windows
macros: PowerInfo@Lib:Sheet PowerAttackInfo@Lib:Sheet
*Change* Health bar option included
macros: HPRecord@Lib:Execute, SurgeRecord@Lib:Execute, RestRecord@Lib:Execute

If you want to make use of the new health bar options all you have to do is rename the HealthBar macro on the Lib:Execute token to something else then rename HealthBarNewStyle to HealthBar. Then on the tokens make sure to hide the old Health health bar so it doesn't try to show both.

Darakonis, I redid the background color bar from Red to Black and then set the low redish orange bar to the red bar. I have a color blind player and green on red looks identical to him; he was all "These are neat, wish I could tell if I was hurting things." If folks want the originals they can swipe 'em from earlier in the thread.

I'll do a campaign file update here towards the weekend if not much else pops up.
Attachments
Version 5-1.mtprops
(879.33 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
LibInfo v5-1.rptok
(143.43 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
LibExecute v5-1.rptok
(123.02 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
LibSheet v5-1.rptok
(279.26 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Darakonis
Cave Troll

Post by Darakonis »

Thanks DN! The three lib tokens work great.

Error when I try to import the mtprops:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.rptools.lib.ModelVersionManager.cleanVersionNumber(ModelVersionManager.java:132)
	at net.rptools.lib.ModelVersionManager.transform(ModelVersionManager.java:60)
	at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadAssets(PersistenceUtil.java:512)
	at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadCampaignProperties(PersistenceUtil.java:591)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.campaignproperties.CampaignPropertiesDialog$7$1.run(CampaignPropertiesDialog.java:732)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.campaignproperties.CampaignPropertiesDialog.setVisible(CampaignPropertiesDialog.java:104)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.AppActions$60.execute(AppActions.java:2236)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.AppActions$ClientAction.actionPerformed(AppActions.java:2617)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
	at de.muntjak.tinylookandfeel.TinyMenuItemUI.doClick(TinyMenuItemUI.java:571)
	at de.muntjak.tinylookandfeel.TinyMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(TinyMenuItemUI.java:421)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Does this happen to anyone else?

Peace,
-Darakonis
Visit the D&D Digest for RPG tips & reviews.

Listen to the adventures of a live MapTool voice-chat group: Dungeons & Drogans

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Same here. Was coming to post how horrible this Framework was because of this grievous error.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Huh. I can't replicate it. I DLed it twice just to make sure and both copies manage to load just fine in both a blank campaign as well as an existing version. I thought it might because you happened to be using a non b73 version; the Lib:tokens themselves as well as the tables are actually backwards compatable with MT versions and I've had success in dropping them in b70. The MTProp file isn't though, it'll only load in the version or later that it was exported from. However it throws a completely different error if I try to import it. I'm at a loss.

Though I did discover that exporting the campaign props exports the tables as well. I did not know that. I thought they had to be exported separately.

The Prop file shouldn't be vital at this point as the only real change was the addition of the health bars to work with the optional stuff. However Darakonis's directions elsewhere in the thread can be followed to add them, with one change being that that the Health Bar was renamed FullHealth to make it compatiable with the old HealthBar (I renamed the bar in the macro on the Lib:Execute token Darakonis, so if you're modding it back check there).

I think we'll likely need to take this sort of error to the MT bigwigs and ask them...

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Campaign runs just fine, see below, without that Property list, so I'm not sure what the deal is.
I made a post in the Maptool forum.
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 34&start=0

This Equipment container issue has me at a loss. Such a great tool, and I can't get it to work. And the fact that it works for you frustrates me even more. I can't see any differences.
I load up your unaltered Campaign sheet version 5 campaign.
Copy in one of my tokens from version 4.3
Update it to Version 5 using the Complete Updater v5
Create a container called "Backpack 2" or anything else.
Move the armor from the backpack to backpack 2
Am able to look at the info of the armor, can look at any other equipment.
When I click edit to change the Equipped Items, I get

Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.get".
Then I can't collapse backpack 2 (Same Error), nor can I collapse the original backpack (same error)
I can collapse the Equipped item section, but can't expand it (Same Error)
I can switch to a different tab, but can't switch back to Equipment (Same Error)

Here's the campaign file with your campaign and props, and 5 of my un-updated tokens to mess with.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cgyb09ikd ... 20v5.cmpgn
If someone else wants to download and give it a try as I posted above, I would appreciate it. Let me know what happens.

Does that make any sense?

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:Does that make any sense?
Hmmmm... I haven't tried with multiple packs and moving items between them. Could be an error in the copy code; though that should also trip when copying from one tokens pack to another tokens pack and I'm pretty sure that was working since i had to patch it. I'll take a look at it tomorrow when I get a chance. The campaign file itself will be a big help, at this point I can look at a token properties and tell whats failing a majority of the time simply from that.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

How about this. And I think this is relevant.
If I go in and edit your Item Updater v5, the 4th line from

[H: setProperty("DNA_Bag" + DNT_BagSlot, json.set("", "Name", "Backpack"))]
to
[H: setProperty("DNA_Bag" + DNT_BagSlot, json.set("", "Name", "Self"))]
And then run Item Updater v5 on a token, it shows a container "Self" with all the equipment in it.

However, if I make that change and then run Complete Updater v5, it shows a container "Backpack" with all the equipment, even though Backpack is no longer mentioned anywhere in the Item Updater Macro.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”