MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 74

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 74

Post by Azhrei »

jfrazierjr wrote:From what I recall, the only thing that needs to be "fixed" when you build a local copy is the build.number file right? I assume nothing is uploaded anywhere correct?
Yes, that's correct. If I do any commits to SVN it will pick up the build.number change and add that to SVN but that's not a huge deal. I also typically turn off the autobuild in Eclipse and clean the project so that there is not a version.txt in the bin/ directory in my maptool project hierarchy.
So, how about you do the build, make it available in a limited membership forum for the testers to check out for a few days and if it's good, move to the correct places for the zip and jnlp files. If problems that have to be fixed come up, just svn revert the build.number file, apply patches and redo.

Is that something that is possible with your current build process?
Sounds fine to me. The Java Developers group on the forum is an optional group that users can add themselves to; I could put the files in the General > Developer Notes > Java Programming Info forum where those people who are in the Java Developer group would see it. Does that work for you?

Would you want to see a ZIP file identical to the current build setup or just the maptool/rplib/parser JAR files? If we go with full files I would likely turn on attachment pruning for that forum so that old attachments that are 18MB+ are eventually deleted...

Otherwise, I could create a new group and make you the group administrator. Group membership would be "by request" and you would need to approve those requests, then that group could have access to a separate subforum under General > Developer Notes (or somewhere else that you think is appropriate).

Zandel
Giant

Post by Zandel »

OK I am not sure if I am misreading this, under build 72 I see the following two lines that appear to be about vision

# Fix sight types to be limited by the map settings by default http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 36#p165436
# Vision arcs should only be visible to owners (if StrictOwner==true) or all PCs (if StrictOwner==false) http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15790

I was asking about viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14443 is that a duplicate of one of these? From the description it seems different to me, sorry if I am being dense

warpoet
Kobold

Post by warpoet »

wolph42 wrote:
CoveredInFish wrote:
warpoet wrote:You know how in games like Starcraft you can select several characters ("tokens") and then assign them all to a number by hitting something like Ctrl-1 or Ctrl-2...then when you hit 1 or 2, that entire group is auto-selected? If this is already a part of Maptool, I'm going to feel silly. But if not, that would be very awesome to include. Especially for DMs/GMs who are moving a lot of different groups of tokens around.
This is not a standard UI supported feature but should be possible to do easily by macro. If you need help to do so I'll be here to whack something together...
that's actually a grand idea and can indeed be done with macros. I'm currently struggling with this matter of different factions running around on a map and how to keep track of them. but this is a good one.
to elaborate a bit:
1. you can assign short-cut keys to macros (I don't know if ctrl+1 is an option, I thought only the F1 keys, so ctrl+F1)
2. you can put macros onto a lib:token: setSet1,2,3, etc. and getSet1,2,3 etc.
3. you can create a specific properties set for that lib:token e.g. set1, set2, set3 etc.
4. you can use getSelectedNames() and store that value into set1, etc in the setSet macro (run with ctrl+F1)
5. you can use selectTokens(set1) and goto(listGet(set1,1)) to select and centre onto that group with getSet macro (run with F1)
and your good to go!
That is so awesome! Thank you. I am going to give it a try this morning.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

warpoet wrote: Thank you. I am going to give it a try this morning.
Note that I posted a working drop-in macro set in the user creations: Tool for group selection

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Zandel wrote:OK I am not sure if I am misreading this, under build 72 I see the following two lines that appear to be about vision

# Fix sight types to be limited by the map settings by default http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 36#p165436
# Vision arcs should only be visible to owners (if StrictOwner==true) or all PCs (if StrictOwner==false) http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15790

I was asking about viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14443 is that a duplicate of one of these? From the description it seems different to me, sorry if I am being dense
I don't see any connection to the topic you're referring to and the bug fixes in b72.

Part of the problem may be that I don't see a coherent description of a problem in the thread you've referenced.

But you could just download the zip of b74 and see if the issue is fixed.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Zandel wrote:OK I am not sure if I am misreading this, under build 72 I see the following two lines that appear to be about vision

That linked item will is no longer an issue, it was caused by the first item above that starts with "Fix sight Types to be...."
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I checked the change log and didn't see any reference to this after b70. Has anyone ever figured out why under campaign properties the light settings overlay the default token property window. Changing tabs makes it go away, but it's still annoying. I think reducing the width of the lighting pane so it doesn't create bars on the right and bottom may do something. This has been an issue for awhile.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Yea, changing from the jfrm to xml for the campaign properties made the problem worse(it was there before and has been for a long time.) The best I can figure, what is happening is that the base form has that tab with "nothing" on it, and it is swapped out at runtime and the repaint() method needs to be called at the end. But that is just a guess.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

It might be something to do with dynamic modification of the Abeille form too.

I don't have the problem at all on OSX which makes it seem like something that might be JVM-related, possibly some race condition which is less likely to occur on OSX.

If someone wants to try adding a repaint() and see if that fixes it on Windows, go for it. If it works, we can add that fix to SVN.

Zandel
Giant

Post by Zandel »

well tried viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14443 with build 74 and I have the same issue, lets see if I can use some screen shots to give more detail

Below you can see two tokens, Grantor on the left and and Izkrael on the right, they are 25' away from each other

Next is Grantor's settings for vision and light, he is set for normal vision and had a torch

then Izakrael's settings for vision and light, he is set for low light vision and also has a torch

Now the first issue is they both have the same radius, 20' yet the low light should be 40 right?
The second issue is neither can see the other even though they are carrying light sources.

Here are my campaign settings for vision and light

I welcome any suggestions anyone has

Thanks

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Why do you have your Lowlight set to a max distance of 22.5'? I believe that is keeping Izzie from seeing Grant.

Zandel
Giant

Post by Zandel »

Hrmm that's how it was default, I haven't changed it, doesn't the x2 mean its double the 22.5 for 45? And shouldn't they be able to see because of each others light sources?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

That seems to be a problem in b70 as well. If I have a light source on one token, then light sources from other locations do not show up. Setting one of the tokens with normal vision and no light source then the other light source is shown correctly. Also, the preferences for new map vision distance doesn't seem to do anything anymore. Before, if a npc token was beyond that distance, it would not be seen with vision turned off (I think, it may have been a daylight limit despite set token vision). Now it is shown.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yep. This has been reported before and should've been fixed in b74 I thought (or maybe it's b75; I'm finding it hard to keep track lately!).

It has to do with sight distances being wrong. If you set the sight types to be longer, such as 300 ft, or set them to zero (which uses the distance set when the map was created) then it should work.

Zandel
Giant

Post by Zandel »

Yep that did the trick Thanks!!

Return to “Announcements”