MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Deadolus
Giant

Re: MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

Post by Deadolus »

LaserWolf wrote:...but I have experienced an issue with b80 in which players report that all tokens will disappear from a map until they click on the map to force a refresh.
I have seen this too... on more than one machine. Though we are still using build 76. Agreed it is a "phantom bug", as I have no idea how to reproduce it. It just happens once and a while on map loads. Zooming resolves it.

On a side note: Awesome awesome tool. It has changed our game night for the better. Thank you.

--==EDIT==--
Oops, LaserWolf is on top of things. Good stuff.
LaserWolf wrote:Scratch that, I was able to reproduce the issue! It looks like a player has to have a token selected for the problem to show up....

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

LaserWolf wrote:[1]Start a server with all options enabled and have a client connect as a player
[2]On the player/client end, select one of the PC tokens (except "Rhyd'ley", which is not owned by All Players)
So you have a server running with Strict Token Ownership, Individual Views and Individual Fog but then you have the tokens set to be owned by all (except one). Not that there might not be a bug related to this usage but what's the point of enabling the server options just to counter them by setting the tokens to owned by all?

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Ahzrei,
How are things looking for B81? I foolishly updated my campaign to B79 and did a load of work in B79 for my upcoming game this weekend. So I am praying that the issue is resolved before the weekend :)

Cheers

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

jsharen wrote:Ahzrei,
How are things looking for B81? I foolishly updated my campaign to B79 and did a load of work in B79 for my upcoming game this weekend. So I am praying that the issue is resolved before the weekend :)

Cheers
Yeah, I opted to not upgrade, I have a 24 hour game this weekend and didnt want MPtools to die, lol
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Phergus wrote:So you have a server running with Strict Token Ownership, Individual Views and Individual Fog but then you have the tokens set to be owned by all (except one). Not that there might not be a bug related to this usage but what's the point of enabling the server options just to counter them by setting the tokens to owned by all?
I only started using Strict Token Ownership a few months ago. The players switched to communal token ownership recently so they could trade macro ideas back and forth (I don't use a framework). Frankly, I forgot about it when I started trying out Individual Fog, and nobody mentioned it.

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Deadolus wrote:It just happens once and a while on map loads. Zooming resolves it.
Yeah I've seen that issue, but I think this one is a little different. It doesn't show up on map load, it shows up repeatedly (though not every time?) when an NPC token is moved or runs a macro. I've only noticed it this once, but I can't say for certain that it's unique to this build.

hortator37
Kobold

Post by hortator37 »

Is anyone having an issue like mine?

First issue is that stuff in the chat window gets extremely blurry, but only in certain areas that stretch across the chat horizontally. Notice the line where the blur stops in the attached screenshot. Number two is that when windows pop up, like to edit a macro, etc., the whole Maptool window and/or the popup window blacks out. The buttons and input fields are revealed when moused over, but for obvious reasons this makes things near impossible to use.

I'm not sure if this is a MT-specific issue or not. I first noticed it after switching to b77, it's still around in b80 and it happened when I rolled back to b76. For the record, in between the last well-functioning session and the session where this started happening, I updated Java to Build 6 Update 23 and I updated my ATI graphics card drivers to the Catalyst 10.12 Windows 7 Preview. I doubt it's Java itself, and I haven't tried rolling back to older drivers yet, but that's the next step.

Any thoughts??
Attachments
Maptool Blackout.png
Maptool Blackout.png (69.16 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
Blurry Chatbox.png
Blurry Chatbox.png (127.38 KiB) Viewed 3618 times

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

LaserWolf wrote:I only started using Strict Token Ownership a few months ago. The players switched to communal token ownership recently so they could trade macro ideas back and forth (I don't use a framework). Frankly, I forgot about it when I started trying out Individual Fog, and nobody mentioned it.
Ahh. Well I would say then that you can avoid the issue by just not using Individual Views or at least not using Individual Fog.

The use case you described is certainly nothing I thought about during testing. Will have to see if someone on the dev team can reproduce it and then determine if it is needed as a fix for 1.3 or can wait till 1.4.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

jsharen wrote:How are things looking for B81?
I'm going to bed now (~2AM here) and I've got a full day tomorrow, but I'll try to get the build out tomorrow evening after dinner.
hortator37 wrote:Is anyone having an issue like mine?
Don't use bleeding edge drivers like the Catalyst 10.12. If you do, you'll likely get artifacts such as you're seeing. I suggest going back to the last "stable" build, which I believe is 10.10 for Windows (it's 10.11 for Linux, I think, as I just grabbed new drivers a week or two ago).

The Schnibble
Kobold

Bug: Library token duplication

Post by The Schnibble »

The bug itself has already been reported.

As far as I can see, a library token is duplicated from its origin map onto the current map whenever the setLibProperty() function is used.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Bug: Library token duplication

Post by Azhrei »

The Schnibble wrote:As far as I can see, a library token is duplicated from its origin map onto the current map whenever the setLibProperty() function is used.
The bug is actually that the "current token" is duplicated whenever the properties of the token are changed as part of the onCampaignLoad macro execution. This could mean the macro calls a token macro which then changes the properties of that token -- it would be duplicated as well.

Akodo Makama
Giant

Post by Akodo Makama »

lmarkus001 wrote:The new colors for buttons are not working correctly.

Specifically, for button color; darkgray is lighter than gray but not as light as lightgray
This is, sadly, correct for the HTML colors. It's an artifact of the evolving colorset in early computer graphics, and the changing nature of the gammas of monitors at that time, and the eventual fusion of multiple, previously independent colorsets.

DarkGray is A9A9A9 (66%)
LightGray is D3D3D3 (83%)
Gray is 808080 (50%)

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

I am having the same problem as Wolph.

Code: Select all

2011-01-06 19:52:35,254 [swing.MapToolEventQueue:27] ERROR - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
	at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.lib.TaskBarFlasher.flash(TaskBarFlasher.java:51)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.addServerMessage(MapTool.java:589)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ClientMethodHandler$1.run(ClientMethodHandler.java:373)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.GenericDialog.showDialog(GenericDialog.java:86)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.token.EditTokenDialog.showDialog(EditTokenDialog.java:140)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.PointerTool.mousePressed(PointerTool.java:419)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
It does indeed appear to be linked to the autosave. During my session, there were several times when I could not access the Connection Information menu item. It would error out sometimes on macros. It even got to one point where every time I tried to type, it would pop up an empty window for every character. Shutting down, restarting and turning off Autosave features seemed to correct the problem for the most part. After that I got one last Out of Memory error and it failed to execute a macro.

Note that it only started occurring when my server had connected clients. I ran for several days while coding and testing macros with no problems whatsoever. None of the clients had issues. Just the server.

Hopefully this information will help.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

nolgroth wrote:I am having the same problem as Wolph.

Code: Select all

2011-01-06 19:52:35,254 [swing.MapToolEventQueue:27] ERROR - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
	at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.lib.TaskBarFlasher.flash(TaskBarFlasher.java:51)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.addServerMessage(MapTool.java:589)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ClientMethodHandler$1.run(ClientMethodHandler.java:373)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.GenericDialog.showDialog(GenericDialog.java:86)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.token.EditTokenDialog.showDialog(EditTokenDialog.java:140)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.PointerTool.mousePressed(PointerTool.java:419)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
It does indeed appear to be linked to the autosave. During my session, there were several times when I could not access the Connection Information menu item. It would error out sometimes on macros. It even got to one point where every time I tried to type, it would pop up an empty window for every character. Shutting down, restarting and turning off Autosave features seemed to correct the problem for the most part. After that I got one last Out of Memory error and it failed to execute a macro.

Note that it only started occurring when my server had connected clients. I ran for several days while coding and testing macros with no problems whatsoever. None of the clients had issues. Just the server.

Hopefully this information will help.
Interesting, I was running a stand-alone version (no clients).

The Schnibble
Kobold

Re: Bug: Library token duplication

Post by The Schnibble »

Azhrei wrote:... as part of the onCampaignLoad macro execution.
Or at any other time?

I tried typing [setLibProperty("MyProp",1,"Lib:MyLib")] in the chat window while positioned on another map than the one my test library was located, and it duplicated too. The phenomenon seems not to be related to the onLoadCampaign macro.

I only tried library tokens, though, so I didn't know that it happened with any token.

Return to “Announcements”