MapTool 1.3 Final (build 83)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Final (build 83)

Post by Azhrei »

This is it! This is the final release of MapTool 1.3 and we now officially start on 1.4! All hail the King! ;)

There have been only minor fixes (as one would hope with all of the release candidates we went through!) and you can find a list by checking the Main Page of the wiki and clicking on the ChangeLog link in the bottom right corner.

I know that the language translation task in an on-going job, so I will continue to put together monthly builds of 1.3 to cover localization updates but I expect no other bug fixes against 1.3.b83 unless something pretty severe is found (which seems unlikely at this point).

For all of you thinking about 1.4, just remember that it will take some time. If you're thinking about asking for an ETA, I'd like to remind you of the following cartoon:
you-want-it-when-cartoon.jpg
you-want-it-when-cartoon.jpg (16.3 KiB) Viewed 4352 times

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final (build 83)

Post by Hawke »

::claps:: 8)

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Tremendous job guys, pat yourselves on the back but don't hurt yourselves doing. :D
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Awesome.
I cast firecube! ~4E

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Thus falls the great epoch of our time.
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

Azhrei wrote:This is it! This is the final release of MapTool 1.3 and we now officially start on 1.4! All hail the King! ;)
Great job ! Thanks for all the hard work that went into it.
Azhrei wrote:For all of you thinking about 1.4, just remember that it will take some time.
Well, given the amount of work needed, I don't think it would be realistic to have expectations shorter than months before seeing a first beta. I'd want to suggest giving regular news regarding main achievements in between, but don't know if it would do good or wrong restraining users questions.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I have a set of parallel forums created for MT 1.4 that will go active at the right time. I want to get the dev team deciding on how the bug tracking should work in the very near term (we've discussed some ideas so far that integrate Mantis with these forums). And we've pseudo-parceled out a very high-level idea of who's working on what but I'm sure it'll change as we get into the nitty-gritty.

Right now we really need some folks to step up as documentors for 1.3! It was brought to my attention (!) that the ENnies are in May. Wouldn't it be cool for MapTool to at least get an Honorable Mention and beat out WotC's beta tool? We'd be setting the bar pretty high in terms of functionality, but we sorely need some good, basic docs. If you have a penchant for writing (or just like taking screenshots and then describing what's in the picture), perhaps check out the initial planning done by GamerDude and perhaps offer an hour or two a week to help. Think of how cool it would be to point to the MapTool docs and say, "I wrote that. Or at least I collaborated on it!"

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Gratz on the final!

:D
:)
:shock:
:(
:x

now to the bad news: in my first testing of mtFinal I had this NPE
see details
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.PointerTool.mouseDragged(PointerTool.java:646)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(AWTEventMulticaster.java:303)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Component.java:6400)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(JComponent.java:3285)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6121)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2085)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4714)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2143)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4621)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4299)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4212)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2129)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:635)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
while I tried move a token on a map from an old campaign file. It didnt throw that NPE on other campaign files yet, so maybe the cmpgn file was simply to old? I dont remember what version I used to create that, but the file is from june 2010 (and I was always quick to update).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

CoveredInFish wrote:now to the bad news: in my first testing of mtFinal I had this NPE [...] while I tried move a token on a map from an old campaign file. It didnt throw that NPE on other campaign files yet, so maybe the cmpgn file was simply to old? I dont remember what version I used to create that, but the file is from june 2010 (and I was always quick to update).
Hm. That section of code deals with figuring out which direction a token is being dragged by looking at the most recent waypoint, or if there isn't one then the starting point of the drag.

Double-hm. Was this a gridless map? It looks like an NPE could have happened on a gridless map if all of the right (wrong?) things came together. I've implemented a fix for that but I'll need to do some testing.

Edit: It's been committed as revision 5641. Please try loading the same campaign with that version and moving the same token.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

hmm even before I can express my gratitude and congratulations to the dev team on yet another fine job I see that the very foundations of its finality are shaking already.

Nonetheless, as usual: great job, keep m comming. I'll see if I can provide some screenshots for the docs.

Omethiklan
Cave Troll

Post by Omethiklan »

Hey, this is just to congratulate and say THANK YOU to you guys in the dev team and all contributors - you have done and are doing a tremendous job!

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

YEAH !

Congrats to all, the devs, testers, contributers, players and lurkers.
Great job, great software, great community.
ImageImageImageImage

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Bad news though : Azhrei, I think you forgot to include in the SVN the "i18n_fr.properties" file I sent you some days ago.
ImageImageImageImage

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

I made a package with the latest french translation (with the right encoding I think ... at least it displays well on my PCs), until the officiel download includes it :

http://www.njxt.com/jdr/maptool/maptool ... RNatha.zip
ImageImageImageImage

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Huzzah! I am thanking everyone for their hard work!!!

P.S. - Make sure you get the main page links updated... we don't want folks running that old stuff anymore!
http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=launch

Return to “Announcements”