Hybrid Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

ArsenGamer
Kobold

Hybrid Framework

Post by ArsenGamer »

As I am hoping to perhaps one day DM a game in the future, I have a few things to learn. Seems every cat & dog on this forum are using the hybrid framework. Can this be explained? Where (if at all) can i download the script to support this hybrid fw?

while we're at it: any area or post with tips/advice that is specific to new gm's?

Rumble
Deity

Re: Hybrid Framework

Post by Rumble »

The...what? Which framework are you talking about?

ArsenGamer
Kobold

Post by ArsenGamer »

Looking for games, the supported tokens are Hybrid (largely in LFR). Not sure what it means by this. When creating maps, etc, obviously you will need a framework for tokens, macros and anything else included. Having chosen one fw, will it allow players to use another token made by a different fw?

ex: I create a module with Veg's FW. A player logs on using a token from Rumbles. Will there be incompatibility?

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

ArsenGamer wrote:ex: I create a module with Veg's FW. A player logs on using a token from Rumbles. Will there be incompatibility?
Yes. Each framework uses its own system of storing things. You will have to import a character for each framework - they are not compatible.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Rumble wrote:The...what? Which framework are you talking about?

The LFR guys created a hybrid of Deviant Null's and Veggiesama's frameworks so any token used in a LFR game can conform to either framework.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

ArsenGamer
Kobold

Post by ArsenGamer »

mfrizzell wrote:

The LFR guys created a hybrid of Deviant Null's and Veggiesama's frameworks so any token used in a LFR game can conform to either framework.
I expected this. How do i get my hands on this hybrid in order to create modules?

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Why would you want to use the hybrid? Do you plan to run LFR adventures?

There are a great multitude of really good frameworks in the user creations section.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewforum.php?f=33
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

mfrizzell wrote:

Aha, that puts it in context.

ArsenGamer
Kobold

Post by ArsenGamer »

mfrizzell wrote:Why would you want to use the hybrid? Do you plan to run LFR adventures?
That's what I am considering. I will play around with map creation, etc on this hybrid and perhaps volunteer to run modules on LFR or otherwise.

ArsenGamer
Kobold

Post by ArsenGamer »

bump - still no answer... how does one set up a game that allows compatibility with Veg's and DN?

Doktor Avalanche
Cave Troll

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Download any of the LFR mods which are called Hybrid. They include the frameworks you need by default. They have a map called something like Grasslands, or Library, or Tokens (not Encounter map one or the like) - this is where the library tokens for the two mashed together frameworks sit.

You then pick one of the frameworks and create your characters or NPCs using that framework (generally there is a sample NPC and PC for each framework on the library page - just copy it and edit it); delete the existing maps for the LFR module and set up your own maps as normal.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”