New Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeons: Wizard's Weird Tower

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

RecklessEnthusiasm
Cave Troll

New Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeons: Wizard's Weird Tower

Post by RecklessEnthusiasm »

I have just released my third map pack on RPGNow.com and wanted to let you guys know! As always I am including Maptools support with a .rpmap file, a robust object layer, vision blocking, and portraits! Thanks to Wolph42 I have also included automatic stairs which transition tokens from floor to floor automatically! Thanks Wolph42!

This is my third One Dollar Dungeon map (each tackling class-specific locations for all the base fantasy character classes). This time it is a really massive, seven-story wizard's tower. As always I include support for home printing, print-shop printing, VTT support, and a Maptools formatted version with vision blocking and a robust object layer with lots of reusable PNG images and portrait images! All this for only a buck!

I went a little crazy with this one, so be warned that it is genuinely huge and is therefore slightly less home-printer friendly, though I do have the files to support printing at home if you choose to. Also, you can always print fewer floors than are included: it is easy to turn this into a three-story structure by selective printing. Anyway, I'll paste the copy below. Feel free to pop over to the RPGNow store and take a look at the preview pages to get an idea of what this bad boy looks like, and if you do pick it up, I would love to hear what you think about it in a review!

One Dollar Dungeons: Wizard's Weird Tower of Wonders Map Pack

Have you come to pillage the lair of the mad mage? Are you an apprentice to a powerful wizard who must take care of the elemental infestation running loose in the tower? Have you finally finished construction of your mighty wizard's spire? With D20 Cartographer, the story is in your hands!

Wizard's Weird Tower of Wonders is the third in a series of One Dollar Dungeon maps, which represent convenient starting locations or class-specific adventure locals for each traditional RPG character class. The tower is a seven story structure of truly epic proportions. The first floor is the grand entrance with a mysterious glowing sigil in the center of the tower, and a cozy living space including a greenhouse area, library, office and bedroom. The second floor features a grand ballroom-the perfect place to be struck with an Otto's Irresistible Dance trap. The next four levels are elemental-themed: The peaceful garden (earth) the moist grotto (water) the shocking Aerie (wind) and the fiery furnace (fire)! And the final story, the rooftop ramparts, is the perfect cinematic scene to confront any archmage! The tower is mapped out in typical 1 in. = 5 ft. map format.

Be warned: This is a very big map. Files are included to print easily on your home printer but if you want to save ink, consider a print shop or the included VTT formatted files. Alternately, use this to build a smaller, 3-story structure without the elemental floors.

Included for your convenience are several different formats including:
• Full color map in a single .jpg (versions with and without grid)
• High contrast black and white map in a single .jpg (great for printing on parchment textured paper)
• Legal and A4-sized PDFs of the sliced images for your home printer

D20 Cartographer also supports Virtual Table Top systems and includes:
• 100DPI gridless .jpg with objects removed
• An object file folder with over 50 .png objects and nine object portraits for private reuse in other Virtual Table Top maps
• A MapTools .rpmap VTT file with vision blocking and objects set up for youThe Maptools file requires version 1.3b84 or higher to work.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope those who buy it enjoy it!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: New Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeons: Wizard's Weird Tower

Post by Azhrei »

Cool. :)

The dev team had talked about a "MapTool-compatible" logo but I don't recall what became of that. I'll need to ping the team and see...

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Azhrei wrote:Cool. :)

The dev team had talked about a "MapTool-compatible" logo but I don't recall what became of that. I'll need to ping the team and see...
You can find that here

RecklessEnthusiasm
Cave Troll

Awesome. I'll definitely start to include that when I finish this series! I'll have to see what I can do about justifying a pathfinder icon too...

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I just downloaded your Cleric, Bar room Brawl and Wizards Tower. All look excellent.

RecklessEnthusiasm
Cave Troll

Jagged wrote:I just downloaded your Cleric, Bar room Brawl and Wizards Tower. All look excellent.
I really appreciate it, my man! Definitely feel free to do a review after you've had a chance to check them out!

Return to “Links & External Resources”