TABLES, everything you always wanted to do with them

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: TABLES, everything you always wanted to do with them

Post by wolph42 »

khorne wrote:A very basic question about tables I have edited with the maptool basic Table Editor... how do you hide the result from the players?

Thnx
Byez
just use the hidden (h:) or gm (g:) roll option: [r,g:table("sometable")]

This is the same for my 'tables' function which this topic is about. (or any result for that matter)

khorne
Cave Troll

Post by khorne »

wolph42 wrote:
khorne wrote:A very basic question about tables I have edited with the maptool basic Table Editor... how do you hide the result from the players?

Thnx
Byez
just use the hidden (h:) or gm (g:) roll option: [r,g:table("sometable")]

This is the same for my 'tables' function which this topic is about. (or any result for that matter)
In the EDIT TABLE option, where should I add the (h:) command? Before the D6? After? Can't get it working

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I think he is trying to place the [H: blah] directly into the table and not in the macro that calls the table. Just my thought based on his reply.

khorne
Cave Troll

Post by khorne »

wolph42 wrote:Ok you puzzling me what is it exactly you want to hide from the players?
With "normal" tables, when I double click on the table icon the result will appear on the chat, and it's visible to everybody. How do I make the result invisible (visible only to the GM)?

khorne
Cave Troll

Post by khorne »

neofax wrote:I think he is trying to place the [H: blah] directly into the table and not in the macro that calls the table. Just my thought based on his reply.
gives me error with [H: d6] (inserted in the ROLL space) and [H:] alone as well

Talmon
Cave Troll

Post by Talmon »

I do not believe you can add the modifiers (roll options?) directly into a table.

You would want to call the table from a macro and set it to hidden like Wolph showed you a few posts up.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Yup. You can enter he roll option in the table but then you would need to evaluate the result which can only be done with a macro. So that would defeat the purpose. The best option is indeed the call I posted a while ago. You can either enter that straight in the checkbox or create eg a campaign macro for it.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”