Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeon: Ranger's Camp near the Ruins

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

RecklessEnthusiasm
Cave Troll

Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeon: Ranger's Camp near the Ruins

Post by RecklessEnthusiasm »

Hey folks! I thought I'd let you know that I have released my fifth One Dollar Dungeon map pack! This time we have Ranger's Camp near the Ruins! This one is actually four smaller maps that can be used together to make one jumbo-sized, double-poster-size map.

Here is the copy and some sample images!

One Dollar Dungeon: Ranger’s Camp near the Ruins
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=92858

Come to find the source of the troll infestation in the forest? Have you been waylaid on your journey through the woods? Has the rumors of mystical power emanating from the secluded ruins brought you outside the reaches of civilization? Has your camp been ambushed at night, your party caught sleeping in their tents, unawares? With D20 Cartographer, the story is in your hands!

Ranger’s Camp near the Ruins is the fifth in a series of One Dollar Dungeon maps, which represent convenient starting locations or class-specific adventure locals for each traditional RPG character class. Ranger’s Camp near the Ruins is actually four versatile 24 x 18 wilderness maps that can be used individually or combined to form one giant 48x36 map (two poster’s worth!). Map A is a simple ranger’s camp, nestled under a ridge on the forest floor. Map B is a generic forested wilderness map. Map C is a simple dirt road passing through the woods. Map D features stone ruins with two levels: one stone platform nestled amidst trees and a dark, below-ground basement level. Everything is mapped out in typical 1 in. = 5 ft. map format.

Included for your convenience are several different formats including:
• Each 4 component maps in individual .jpg (versions with and without grid)
• High contrast black and white map in a single .jpg (great for printing on parchment textured paper)
• Legal and A4-sized PDFs of the sliced images for your home printer

D20 Cartographer also supports Virtual Table Top systems and includes:
• 100DPI gridless .jpg forest floor with objects removed
• An object file folder with 29 .png objects for reuse in other Virtual Table Top Maps, including trees, foliage, roots, rocks, roads, and ruins! Great objects for laying out any forest encounter!
• A MapTools .rpmap VTT file with vision blocking and objects set up for you

The Maptools file requires version 1.3b84 or higher to work.

Feel free to pop over to the RPGNow.com store and view the full sized flash preview! I've also attached a preview image of the map as viewed in maptools (Which is bigger than the actual paper version included in the map pack and can easily be made MUCH bigger--there are about 13 different trees and stumps and twice as many rock clusers, so enough variety to build a pretty massive forest without noticing much repeating!). Also: special thanks to Wolph42 whose neat macro for automatic stairs transition is in this map, linking the ruins to the sub-basement level so DMs don't have to worry about copy-pasting tokens!

Anyway, thanks for taking a look folks and if you end up picking it up, definitely let me know what you think in a review. I wish you good gaming!
Attachments
Here is a preview image of everything set up in maptools. Foliage, stones, tents, ruins are all included in PNG format so you can reuse them in your own private maps!
Here is a preview image of everything set up in maptools. Foliage, stones, tents, ruins are all included in PNG format so you can reuse them in your own private maps!
Maptools preview.jpg (77.53 KiB) Viewed 3424 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeon: Ranger's Camp near the Ru

Post by Azhrei »

Good stuff!

If you're interested in a "This product is MapTool compatible" logo, torstan has just updated the one in this post. (Well, he updated the image and I updated the post. :))

The plan is for the new web site layout to include a "Vendors" area where logos and such will always be available.

(Woohoo -- three most posts and I'll hit 10,000! 8))

RecklessEnthusiasm
Cave Troll

Thanks for the praise, Azhrei!

I have the logo downloaded and have actually already started using it on my Townscapes maps. Sadly, when I designed the covers for my One Dollar Dungeons I didn't budget space for it, so they, and the last three of them, will sadly be logo-free. I will definitely include it on all my future covers (perhaps if I start a Player's Handbook 2 series)!

The vendor area sounds interesting and exciting! I am eager to see what other goodies will show up there!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Another great map! I am now compelled to purchase all of your and torstans maps. They work very well in MapTools. One caveat though is the pillars in the Cleric map. I would not do VBL circular on each pillar as it kills CPU's and a easily drawn X across the pillar suffices to block sight and still convey there is a pillar there.

RecklessEnthusiasm
Cave Troll

neofax wrote:Another great map! I am now compelled to purchase all of your and torstans maps. They work very well in MapTools. One caveat though is the pillars in the Cleric map. I would not do VBL circular on each pillar as it kills CPU's and a easily drawn X across the pillar suffices to block sight and still convey there is a pillar there.
Thanks for the advice! That is just the kind of input that will help me on future maps!

Oh, and if you get a chance, I'm aching for some reviews if you ever feel so inclined!

Return to “Links & External Resources”