To-Hit rolls dont seem to add up correctly...

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

flames0042
Kobold

To-Hit rolls dont seem to add up correctly...

Post by flames0042 »

I am using a 4.0 framework and when I import PC Powers they are set to standard to-hit types like: Str vs AC.

The problem I am having is my characters have a bunch of other modifiers, such as a magical weapon or a feat that changes their to-hit. When I mouse over the to-hit modifiers it is not adding in their level modifier or anything really other than just STR.

The result I am having is even if I import PC Powers I have to go modify them all in order for the to-hit to be correct. This isnt so bad but what is really bothering me is that I might have to go modify every single power of every pc when they level or upgrade gear. This is a LOT of work. Is there a way to get rumble's 4.0 framework to automatically account for all those numbers for me? It looks like it is meant to, as I see the misc modifiers like level, prof, feats, and such built in for the tohit roll. It just isnt account for them being there at all.

Rumble
Deity

Re: To-Hit rolls dont seem to add up correctly...

Post by Rumble »

First, which framework? They're all different.

Second, this really ought to be moved to the User Creations forum.

Edit: ah, I see you mention which one it is later on. My framework should account for everything automatically (actually, both of them do). You should not need to edit anything in the powers to account for leveling up, changing gear, etc. Can you post screenshots/setup information to show precisely what's not working out? And specify which of my frameworks you're using?

flames0042
Kobold

Post by flames0042 »

It seems like posting a question always leads me to the answer. Go fig. What I was missing, somehow, was all the extra numbers I could put into a weapon and have the pc wield it and thus gain the proper to-hit. Not sure how I missed that, thanks for quick reply though.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

No problem, glad you figured it out!
It seems like posting a question always leads me to the answer
There is something very Zen about that.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”