[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b86.02 Campaign Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b86 Campaign Macros r02 (Soon

Post by aliasmask »

Nothing like throwing the kitchen sink at a problem. btw, json.isEmpty and json.contains already returns a 1 or 0. In the case of json.isEmpty.. I would just put ! in front of it. Using the Wiki: if() function is an unnecessary redundancy. Hehe, sort of like "unnecessary redundancy".

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

neofax wrote:
aliasmask wrote:@neofax - I just added another damage variable for "firstAttack" and "firstDamage".
In Pathfinder Smite works differently than 3.5 it is not just a base increase of 1 per level. Yes, you could just double the damage if the creature was a Outsider/Undead or Dragon.
Holy Smokes! Smite Evil is waaay better in Pathfinder. That would be more of a mod for Pathfinder rather than going in the attack options. It would have to check the target, bump AC based on target (not really feasible in current framework) and adjust damage based on target type, character level and charisma. I'm not sure the AC bonus is appropriate (something similar to Dispel Evil), but I may just have to adopt this for a 3.5 game. I've always been disappointed in the way 3.5 handled smite.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

aliasmask wrote:Nothing like throwing the kitchen sink at a problem. btw, json.isEmpty and json.contains already returns a 1 or 0. In the case of json.isEmpty.. I would just put ! in front of it. Using the Wiki: if() function is an unnecessary redundancy. Hehe, sort of like "unnecessary redundancy".
Oops yeah, I was recently working in a different macro language where there were type issues (Boolean vs. Integer) and that extra step was a fast workaround. Sometimes we grow bad habits out of the strangest places :-)

Plus, I was writing this while watching the end of the game last night so was under the influence of distraction and tiredness! (Do I need more excuses? Because I think I am doing pretty good so far!)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:Thanks! I am thinking about Smite and how to have it work.
Hummm... "Smite Evil" is a functioning mod-set. The Channel_Energy macro can be used for Smite damage (just apply it to the relevant target). And you can kill off anyone that has Greater Smite so you don't have to deal with that... not sure what else needs to be done here?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

@Aliasmask

CHECK Spell Menu - It does use Plothos's 3.0.0 beta (I haven't had any problems), but with some minor changes to have it work with framework. You need to add a couple of token props. Also, this macro will reset the data on tokens with existing spell info because previous formats are incompatible with this one.
CHECK [*]Call Tokens - click any token and summon tokens to that spot.
PARTIAL[*]Move Tokens - w/ selected tokens - move tokens to map point, w/o selected tokens - bring up map point creation tool
CHECK [*]Edit Macros - My latest incarnation of RPEdit.
CHECK [*]Use Disguise - First version of Disguise
CHECK [*]Impersonate - w/ selected token - impersonate owned token. Will "reacquire" id if token changes maps (and id changes). w/o selected token - GM can make up a name to impersonate and it doesn't have to have a token. Players can use this tool too in case they have multiple owned tokens.
CHECK [*]Spell Library - an updated version that has tooltips and is compatible with Plothos's Spell Manager
CHECK [*]Open Inventory - Uses lib:inventory. I haven't tested this much, but I think there may be a bug for players. GM seems to work just fine though.
PARTIAL [*]NOTES - This has been modified to work for players as well. The GM can view PC token notes or write his own notes to the lib token by selecting an NPC token on any map. This is fully functional, but has one menu popup that is a WIP (selecting players to send to... only the bottom checkboxes work, so ignore the top radio button.) I have a game in 30 min, but I'll see if I can finish that update before you post your new release so it can be included.

Campaign also includes CHECK Limbo, a players waiting room and a chess board (no macros, yet)

Move Tokens: I don't like letting my players see the full list of entryPoints (many need to be found through play) so have kept this as a GM only macro. I have incorporated enhancements to the entryPoint configuration dialog.

NOTES: As this is still a work in progress, I went with the Message Manager that Neofax had in his.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b86 Campaign Macros r02 RELEA

Post by aliasmask »

I agree with both of your changes. Looking forward to the download. One thing to note about the spell library. It requires 4 tables. 2 for each system.

Adding the map point base on current token selected is a good mod. Regarding move tokens, we could probably update that screen to have a gm only checkbox so players could move their tokens to gm approved locations.

edit: removed file
Last edited by aliasmask on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Are those tables the same as what was in the campaign file you posted? If so, then those are already in :-)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

lmarkus001 wrote:Are those tables the same as what was in the campaign file you posted? If so, then those are already in :-)
Yep, so everything is good then.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

aliasmask wrote:
neofax wrote:
aliasmask wrote:@neofax - I just added another damage variable for "firstAttack" and "firstDamage".
In Pathfinder Smite works differently than 3.5 it is not just a base increase of 1 per level. Yes, you could just double the damage if the creature was a Outsider/Undead or Dragon.
Holy Smokes! Smite Evil is waaay better in Pathfinder. That would be more of a mod for Pathfinder rather than going in the attack options. It would have to check the target, bump AC based on target (not really feasible in current framework) and adjust damage based on target type, character level and charisma. I'm not sure the AC bonus is appropriate (something similar to Dispel Evil), but I may just have to adopt this for a 3.5 game. I've always been disappointed in the way 3.5 handled smite.
Actually, check out how Rage is handled. Lindsay has a table called SYSVARS IIRC that when the Attack input is brought up the last couple attack options change based on system. So, you could have a smite option for both and it would automatically load the Active Mod for smite changing the AC, adding the attack value and damage as well. My thing is you as the DM could just change the damage value to double if it met any of the criteria of Outisder/Dragon/Undead and Evil.

Also, Lindsay I missed my opportunity for this one, but could you look at adding the capability of addin a negative value in the HP Damage macro that kicks off if the creature has DR/ER. This way the player would see the -55 damage he hit with but if the creature was Vunerable to cold I could then say -40 more due to the vulnerability. This way the player has no clue as to why the creature is more damaged, it could be that the weapon was slashing or holy or whatever.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:
Also, Lindsay I missed my opportunity for this one, but could you look at adding the capability of addin a negative value in the HP Damage macro that kicks off if the creature has DR/ER. This way the player would see the -55 damage he hit with but if the creature was Vunerable to cold I could then say -40 more due to the vulnerability. This way the player has no clue as to why the creature is more damaged, it could be that the weapon was slashing or holy or whatever.
Good one! Will add it to the list.

A side note regarding inputting numbers. I have been trying to change various inputs to allow rolls instead of requiring integers. So for example in the HP Damage macro you can enter 1d8+1 (if you were drinking a potion of healing for example). Or in the new Crit Confirmation entry you could enter 4+IntB.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Nice, I have already Upgraded my frame work to this one and made some mode... Simple things like using my own summoning map etc.

Keep up the great work. :)

G-9mm
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Used this FW in my game last night. The only problem I experienced is that now every roll that uses the flagSecret mechanism sends the info twice to the GM. So I get double the skill checks, double the attacks and saves...
Time-Zone information UTC -5

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can fix that by going to the globals lib and adding your name to the gmname json.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:Used this FW in my game last night. The only problem I experienced is that now every roll that uses the flagSecret mechanism sends the info twice to the GM. So I get double the skill checks, double the attacks and saves...
Grrrr.... so the new onload changes did not resolve this.... drat.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Having trouble downloading, keeps telling me its not a valid file...Anyone else have this problem?

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”