Area of Effect Macros

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Area of Effect Macros

Post by lmarkus001 »

The JSON is what is being generated by the various HTML inputs on the frame. I am having enough fun just getting what inputs I want on the frame, I am unlikely to try to get it to structure the output too much!

But as I said, that stuff is very preliminary, the frame and structure will be quite different when done.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Ah, I see. Sounds like a plan then. :)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Still TONS to do, and the dialog is only about 1/2 complete... but it progresses!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can get a better alignment if you put the radio button or checkbox in a separate <td>. Also, when nesting tables use border-spacing:0;border-style:solid; and use width="100%" for the internal tables. For a better look all the drop downs should be the same width. Using several   for the line works best for me. Consider leaving the number of saving throws and modsets open ended and maybe have an add button to update the frame to include more.

I'm not sure why you have npc, pc for mod sets. I would have apply on save, apply on fail, apply always. Maybe have a spot for user conditional code to be evaluated (ie if(Intelligence < 3,0,1) ) and have an AND or OR next to it. So, apply on fail: so Fail AND condition would be 0, so mod is not applied if Int was below 3. Just a thought.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

aliasmask wrote:For a better look all the drop downs should be the same width. Using several   for the line works best for me.
Several of these drop down lists are programmatically populated. The mod-set one can be pretty much any width as people can name their mod-sets anything pretty much. So it is not really worth extra effort to try to generate a uniform width.
aliasmask wrote:Consider leaving the number of saving throws and modsets open ended and maybe have an add button to update the frame to include more.
If an AE needs to generate more than 2 effects, just run the tool again. The interface complexities to support that open ended flexibility are too great for the return.
aliasmask wrote:I'm not sure why you have npc, pc for mod sets..
Example: Cleric Colodra casts Prayer. Generally speaking, the PCs will receive the beneficial effects while the NPCs will receive the detrimental effects (and there are two different mod-sets for just this situation).
aliasmask wrote:I would have apply on save, apply on fail, apply always.
I like the idea of apply on Save vs. Fail, that is a keeper!
aliasmask wrote:Maybe have a spot for user conditional code to be evaluated (ie if(Intelligence < 3,0,1) ) and have an AND or OR next to it. So, apply on fail: so Fail AND condition would be 0, so mod is not applied if Int was below 3. Just a thought.
This looks like a v2 enhancement :-)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Here's a thought for the framework. Use friend or foe, then you don't have to rely on PC, NPC. Here is a token property I use:

Code: Select all

*sheet.fof:[H, if(isNPC()): setState("Foe",!state.Friend); setState("Friend",1) + setState("Foe",0)][r: sheet.fof = ""] 
When I do token updates, I have function that called resetStatSheet:

Code: Select all

[H: statsheetProps = "sheet.life,sheet.damage,sheet.armor,sheet.resistance,sheet.radiation,sheet.body,sheet.mind,sheet.initiative,sheet.fof,sheet.plot"]
[H, foreach(sheet,statsheetProps): resetProperty(sheet)] 
The friend and foe states are used in getTokens call when applicable and are 1 pixel png images.

This is something I plan to use in my framework.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Another update...

I have the AE Targeting working pretty well now, and the Frame is getting there. Still all of the backend work to do...

ImageImageImage

EDIT: Better yet!

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”