[Rumble 5.1.3] Vhex's custom mods

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Vhex
Giant

[Rumble 5.1.3] Vhex's custom mods

Post by Vhex »

(Yes, I'm copying Colmarr)

Since I added some items to Rumble's framework I thought I'd take a cue from Colmarr and post the updates I've made to this thread. I'm also stealing his format. Because I'm a thief.

ADD EPIC DESTINY TO TOKEN
Last Update: 2011-10-22
Description: Add a field for epic destiny to a character token.

ADD PARAGON PATH TO TOKEN
Last Update: 2011-10-21
Description: Add a field for paragon path to a character token.

GRANT ENCOUNTERS TOWARD MILESTONE & TRACK
Last Update: 2011-09-26
Description: Add a tracking system for encounters and milestones and give the DM a button to grant encounters.
Last edited by Vhex on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vhex
Giant

Re: [Rumble 5.1.3] Vhex's custom mods

Post by Vhex »

GRANT ENCOUNTERS TOWARD MILESTONE & TRACK

Current:
The GM has the ability to grant milestones which will give the player(s) an action point.

Issue:
I'm a crappy DM and I have trouble remembering when the last time I granted a milestone was. To make matters worse, I have players that rotate in and out, so keeping track of milestones for their characters becomes arduous. Separate from my memory issues is the idea that there are items that have different benefits based on the number of milestones one has reached, so those should be tracked.

Proposed Change:
Add a tracking system for encounters and milestones and give the DM a button to grant encounters.

Method:
Add a place to track it
1.) Open Campaign Properties and select the Token Type "Token4e"
2.) Add the following to the bottom:

Code: Select all

-----------------ENCOUNTER_TRACKING---------
Encounters:0
Milestones:0
3.) Click "Update" then "OK"

Add a button to Grant Encounter
1.) Find the GM Utilities - XP & Awards section of the Campaign Macros.
2.) Create a new Macro with the following settings:
Label: Grant Encounter
Group: GM Utilities - XP & Awards
Sort Prefix: 4
Button Color: pink
Min Width: 100
Tootltip: Grants an encounter toward a milestone. Each time two encounters are reached, a milestone is granted automatically.
Check the box for "Apply to Selected Tokens"
On the Options tab uncheck "Allow Players to Edit Macro"
3.) Set the Command text to:

[h:assert(isGM(), "<i>Only the GM may use the "+getMacroName()+" macro</i>",0)]
[h:Encounters = Encounters + 1]
[h:Milestones = if(round(Encounters / 2,0) * 2 == Encounters, Milestones + 1, Milestones)]
[h:ActionPoints = if(round(Encounters / 2,0) * 2 == Encounters, ActionPoints + 1, ActionPoints)]
[r:token.name] has reached an additional encounter towards a Milestone.  [r:if(round(Encounters / 2,0) * 2 == Encounters, token.name + " has also achieved a Milestone, and gains one action point.", "")]
4.) Click "OK"

Modify Grant Milestone for the Update
(Optionally you could just delete this macro)
1.) Find the GM Utilities - XP & Awards section of the Campaign Macros.
2.) Edit the Grant Milestone macro.
3.) Find the line that says: [h:ActionPoints = ActionPoints + 1] and insert the following after it:

[h:Encounters = Encounters + 2]
[h:Milestones = Milestones + 1]
4.) Click "OK"

Update Extended Resting so it Resets Properly
1.) Find the Lib:4e token (looks like a dragon)
2.) Find the Resting section of the Lib:4e token
3.) Edit the Extended Rest macro
4.) Search for [h:ActionPoints=1] and insert the following after it:

[h:Encounters=0]
[h:Milestones=0]
4.) Click "OK"

Outcome:
Now there are two token properties (Encounters & Milestones) that will track the number of each you have for the day and reset when you rest.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Welcome aboard! It's great to see that I'm not the only one supporting this awesome framework.

I hadn't noticed that there was no milestone or AP tracking in 5.1.3, so you've certainly hit the road running.

Ghiolekk
Giant

Post by Ghiolekk »

Colmarr wrote: I'm not the only one supporting this awesome framework.
Oh RLY?

Vhex
Giant

Post by Vhex »

I'm still learning the macro language, so I'm mostly just copying what other people do. Not sure how much I'll be able to really accomplish, but thanks for the welcome. = )

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Ghiolekk wrote:Oh RLY?
No offence intended.

Vhex
Giant

Post by Vhex »

ADD PARAGON PATH TO TOKEN

Current:
The Class, Race, and Level are tracked but not the Paragon Path.

Issue:
My players are in Paragon Tier and I like to know what their paragon paths are so that I can play to it.

Proposed Change:
Add Paragon Path to the editor and the token properties to track the Paragon Path.

Method:
Add a place to track it
2.) Under |PC Core| after the "Race:" line add a new line with:

ParagonPath:
3.) Find the line that says: *@DispClassRace (Basic Info):{Race} {Class} {Level} and change it to be:

*@DispClassRace (Basic Info):{if(ParagonPath == "", Race+" "+Class+" "+Level, Race+" "+Class+" "+ParagonPath+" "+Level)}
4.) Click "Update" then "OK"

Make it Editable
1.) Find the Lib:Char4e Token and edit the Macro "CharacterEdit-Basics" under Character Editor
2.) Find the following two lines:

<td><b>XP</b></td><td><input type='text' size='10' name='cXP' value='[r:XP]'></input></td>
		<td><b>Minion</b></td><td><input type='checkbox' name='cMinion' [r:if(isMinion, "CHECKED", "")]></input></td>
and replace them with:

<td><b>Paragon Path</b></td><td><input type='text' size='20' name='cParagonPath' value='[r:ParagonPath]'></input></td>
		<td><b>XP</b></td>
		<td>
			<table>
				<tr>
				<td><input type='text' size='10' name='cXP' value='[r:XP]'></input></td>
				<td><b>Minion</b></td><td><input type='checkbox' name='cMinion' [r:if(isMinion, "CHECKED", "")]></input></td>
				</tr>
			</table>
		</td>
3.) Click "OK"
4.) Edit the Macro "CEHandler" under Character Editor
5.) After line 66 (the line that sets the Class) add a new line with the following:

[h:ParagonPath = json.get(info, "cParagonPath")]
6.) Click "OK"

Outcome:
You are now able to set the Paragon Path in the character editor and have it show up on the token. If you do not have a Paragon Path, nothing changes from the previous method the framework was using.

Vhex
Giant

Post by Vhex »

ADD EPIC DESTINY TO TOKEN

Current:
The Class, Race, and Level are tracked (and if you added my Paragon Path above, it as well) but not the Epic Destiny.

Issue:
I don't play in Epic Tier so there's not really an issue, but in my work on the regex parser it became just as easy to implement this as Paragon Paths, so I needed a place to put it.

Proposed Change:
Add Epic Destiny to the editor and the token properties to track the Epic Destiny.

Method:
Implement Paragon Path Update
1.) Implement the ADD PARAGON PATH TO TOKEN fix before beginning this, as they are interrelated.

Add a place to track it
2.) Under |PC Core| after the "ParagonPath:" line add a new line with:

EpicDestiny:
3.) Find the line that says: *@DispClassRace (Basic Info):{if(ParagonPath == "", Race+" "+Class+" "+Level, Race+" "+Class+" "+ParagonPath+" "+Level)} and change it to be:

*@DispClassRace (Basic Info):{if(EpicDestiny == "", if(ParagonPath == "", Race+" "+Class+" "+Level, Race+" "+Class+" "+ParagonPath+" "+Level), Race+" "+Class+" "+Level)}
*@DispAdvancement (Advancement Info):{if(ParagonPath != "" && EpicDestiny != "", ParagonPath+" | "+EpicDestiny, "")}
4.) Click "Update" then "OK"

Make it Editable
1.) Find the Lib:Char4e Token and edit the Macro "CharacterEdit-Basics" under Character Editor
2.) Find the following lines:

<td><b>XP</b></td>
		<td>
			<table>
				<tr>
				<td><input type='text' size='10' name='cXP' value='[r:XP]'></input></td>
				</tr>
			</table>
		</td>
and replace them with:

<td><b>Epic Destiny</b></td><td><input type='text' size='20' name='cEpicDestiny' value='[r:EpicDestiny]'></input></td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td><b>XP</b></td><td><input type='text' size='10' name='cXP' value='[r:XP]'></input></td>
3.) Click "OK"
4.) Edit the Macro "CEHandler" under Character Editor
5.) After line 67 (the line that sets the Paragon Path) add a new line with the following:

[h:EpicDestiny = json.get(info, "cEpicDestiny")]
6.) Click "OK"

Outcome:
You are now able to set the Epic Destiny in the character editor and have it show up on the token. If you do not have an Epic Destiny, nothing changes from the way that Paragon Path was implemented.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Hey Vex,
I can see the last post here was around 2011, but I put this in Colmarr's post, and thought maybe you would want to know about it too, in case you could use it or would want to steal/tweak anything from it. You need a DDI account, and the goal of it is to import NPCs from the compendium as Rumble V5 rptoks while not needing to configure them further. There is a tutorial and further information here:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 21#p242221

All I ask is that you let me know what doesn't import properly to save me the trouble of performing hundreds of test to see what breaks it.
Last edited by Longshot on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vhex
Giant

Post by Vhex »

Thanks Longshot. It's been a while since I've played using Maptool, but I'll check out your update. Looks very cool.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”