How do I use the Pathfinder Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
wick2500
Kobold

How do I use the Pathfinder Framework

Post by wick2500 »

I'm new to MapTool and I'm having trouble using the pathfinder framework.

I've downloaded the .cmpgn file and I've been able to load it, but when I create tokens they only have the basic property set.

When I go into 'campaign properties', I see the 'Pathfinder' type listed there but clicking 'update' and 'ok' doesn't add those properties.

I've tried copying some of the properties into the basic type but I don't understand what the "private" or "JSON" properties are. Do I need that?

Also, when I try to use the attack macros I drag them into the character selection window and when I click on it, I get "value for Feats" window.

Overall, I think I'm just missing a key step or two that will make the whole framework just click. I've read throw these forums and watched the tutorials and read the wiki but I think I'm just not finding the right document. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: How do I use the Pathfinder Framework

Post by neofax »

If you want, I have time tomorrow night to step you through how to use this framework. Just send me an email or pm and I can send you my connection info.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: How do I use the Pathfinder Framework

Post by Azhrei »

wick2500 wrote:I'm new to MapTool and I'm having trouble using the pathfinder framework.

I've downloaded the .cmpgn file and I've been able to load it, but when I create tokens they only have the basic property set.
Welcome to RPTools!

You need to double-click the token and assign the "Pathfinder" property type on the Config tab of the token editor dialog.

MapTool defaults to using the "Basic" property type and since the framework doesn't put all of the properties there but into the "Pathfinder" set, all you need to do is change it. Once you have you can save the token and the saved token will have the property type in it so when you use that token later no change will be needed.

HTH

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”