I am putting together a campaign that needs players. Useful information for prospective players:
1. What game system are you running and if applicable what edition? AGE (Dragon Age system by Green Ronin)
2. What is the setting for the game? Dragon Age universe. More specifically, We will start in Ferelden and move slowly into Orlais. The overall goal is to introduce the players to the grey Wardens and initiate at least one of them in preparation for the blight. We will mostly be using the official adventures with my own warden themed ones as well.
3. How many Players are you looking for? 3-6.
4. What's the gaming medium? Maptool/Skype. (will consider Ventrilo if enough people want it)
5. What is the characters' starting status? You will begin hired as a mercenary/bodyguard for an escort mission. Other than that it is up to you.
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? The default for the core rulebook, which is around 50 silver. Equipment can be requested depending on character backstory.
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? Up to the players, though I request at least one mage of any background (for plot).
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? All; up to players.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? According to the core rules. Character generation will happen during the first session and rules explained for those with no experience.
10. Does your game use alignment? Not really. Everybody like to kill Darkspawn!
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? I'm considering a few house rules in this regard.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? No, Maptool has a good fan-made framework that handles die rolling well.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? Ask me when you contact me. (mostly considering class variants)
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular? Yes. I would like the players to know who their characters are when they play. It doesn't have to be a long backstory, but a short one is required.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? I am leaning toward a Role-Playing/Combat focus. There will be puzzle solving, but it will be a minor focus(though will be shaped by players as well).
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements? The official set 1 and set 2 books of course.
A special note: For those interested, but are worried about not knowing the rules or having the books, don't be. I will be providing the rules needed, as well as clearing up any questions you might have.
For the Moderators' benefit: This campaign is no longer recruiting!
Link to the official details: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/crimsenoverlord