W40K-RPG_FW MOVED TO NEW THREAD

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC] W40K-RPG_FW v7

Post by wolph42 »

?? Build 5 ?? Thatsmore then 2 years old. Were god knows how many builds further. Anyway this refers to the aura you get when you click show range for a weapon. 2H == two handed weapons, so all basic and heavy weapons and some melee wpns.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC] W40K-RPG_FW v7.1

Post by wolph42 »

New version out:

7.1.1 (8-feb-12)(D,H,C,P)
Working team (besides me) for this release:
BS: BTS 1967
. . . . Features
  • RT Torpedo Support. In terms of macros this seemed like yet another framework. Anyway torpedos are now fully supported:
    • Every torpedo comes with its own corresponding menu. Some buttons are locked for gm only!!
    • Stocking and loading of torpedoes in the launchtubes
    • Auto move: you can set the direction of the torpedo and its added to the initiative, every turn the gm can 'advance' the flight of the torpedo and it will fly and scan the threat area. As soon as something on its path is encountered the gm gets a pop-up with targets to choose from.
    • All torpedo types are supported
    • All guiding systems are supported, including the 'guided' system, where you can set a new direction for the torpedo
    • Edit properties is implemented
    • On the torpedo itself is the originating ship and operator stored. The stats from the operator are taken for the final attack roll.
    • Damage is calculated and processed automatically
    • Speed and fuel is tracked, torpedo will disappear after it burns out the fuel.
    • Threat area is supported (including during the flight path) you can toggle this in its macro menu. For every 45 degrees angle of travelling direction there is a supported threat area. For the 45, 135 angles I have deviated from the RAW simply because they do not work on a grid as this would leave holes in the threat area.
    • In case of virus torps a new state 'Infected' is added. This state is resolved at the beginning of the Ships strategic turn.
  • (BS): Added the following BC Traits: Brutal Charge, Deadly Natural Weapons (check to ignore primitive quality), Swarm (all damage is halved prior to applying AP & TB if the weapon does not have Blast, Flame, Spray, or Scatter), Toxic (if engaged in melee with a Toxic creature and damage is inflicted, the character will take splash damage).
  • (BS): Implemented Infamy. This was done dynamically so that a token has Use Fate & Burn Fate, Use Infamy & Burn Infamy, or no buttons based on the type of Favour that token uses. <b>Note on Infamy: tokens will require a rebuild for this to be applied. The default setting will be Favour = Fate.</b>
    • Added Favour property to Characters and Hordes to control what type of Favour a character is using: None, Fate, or Infamy. This is used throughout the Framework to control various different Infamy settings.
    • Added new properties to Characters and Hordes: Inf(Infamy), InfB (Infamy Bonus), InfPoints (set to InfB), InfPool (what is spent during play), and display of these. The display is dynamic based on the character's type of Favour (None, Fate, or Infamy).
    • When creating a new token a character will be prompted to identify the type of Favour used: None, Fate, and if the BC Infamy rule is turned on in BC Settings Infamy as well.
    • Updated Edit Char to allow a character to update Infamy if the token has Favour set to Infamy and added a field to change Favour (if the BC Setting for Infamy is not checked in Settings this will be limited to None or Fate).
    • Changed Replenish Fate Pool to Replenish Favour Pool on the Campaign Panel. This will refresh the appropriate pool based on Favour… Fate = Fate Pool; Infamy = Infamy Pool; None will display a message that the character has no favour.
    • Updated Adjust Bonus Char to allow modification of Infamy Bonus if the Favour property = Favour.
    • Updated Adjust Char to create a temporary stat modifier for Infamy if the Favour property = Favour.
    • Updated Use and Burning of Favour point buttons to display what type of Favour (for example if Favour = Fate it will say 'Use Fate Point' and 'Burn Fate Point' ) on the tokens macro display and the buttons will process the type of favour change.
      • Using and Burning Fate work the same.
      • Using Infamy and Burning Infamy work according to the BC Rules. Note that in BC when burning Infamy you reduce the characteristic. If this lowers Infamy Points, unused Infamy Points in the Pool are burnt first.
      • If the character has no favour, the token will NOT have any buttons at all.
    • Quick Character sheet and the Full Character sheet will display the appropriate type of Favour used.
    • The effects of Shock are reduced by the characters Infamy score (to a minimum of 1) if the character has Favour = Infamy.
. . . . Changes
  • The whole attack, evade and damage system for both ranged and melee has been restructured. This has led to more solid and condensed code and a 20% decrease of processing time. (so its faster). This benchmark was done against version 6.0 which did have a lot LESS features and should thus have been faster. Version 6 turned out to be 25% slower then this release. (when it concerns the attack.) The benchmarking was done with an attacker with Autpistols (6 hits) an NPC that did not dodge.
  • More cleaning up done for the chat messages to the output. Also cleaned up the chat output for quicksheet and fullsheet
  • (BS): Added check for Natural Weapons quality in Parry to exclude Natural Weapons as a Natural Weapon cannot be used to Parry.
  • (BS): Added additional size categories going up to -60 on the Ranged Combat Attack Form; this is defined in DeathWatch and Black Crusade.
  • (BS): Added custom Initiative modifier set on Adjust Char. This will provide a point to add initiative modifier for anything not built into the FW.
  • (BS): Additional talent tests for BC: test for Unshakeable Will & Demagogue. Both had equivalent DH talents implemented in the FW already.
  • (BS): Added a FW Quality "Natural Weapon" to the FW. This simplifies tests for weapons to apply Natural Weapon rules within the FW. Prior to this, the FW had to test the class of the weapon (is it Natural) and check to see if the character had the Natural or Improved or Deadly natural weapons to apply the rules around Natural weapons. This also allows for more dynamic application of weapons: so a character can add unarmed attacks and have those treated as a natural weapon or a chain sword and it would not be treated as a natural weapon. Futher, from a flexibility perspective, if a weapon is not to be treated as a Natural weapon, you just edit the weapon and remove this special quality.
  • Added settings (checkbox): new tokens have acces to a Fate or Infamy pool per default
  • Removed 'limit damage output' setting.
  • If you set another weapon as 'unarmed weapon' then you now should be able to delete the 'unarmed' weapon from the weaponslist. This has not been thoroughly tested so it might raise unexpected issues. If so, pls report.
  • Test vs Characteristic has been rebuild to accept a full range of options in a macro call.
  • Initiative for ships should add ships not its embarkers
  • Repair and upgrade was broken
  • Updated psy phenomena and perils of the warp
. . . . Fixes
  • Duplicate lib:DH token issue has been fixed (once more)
  • Fixed issue with dodge blow.
  • (BS): Implemented fix for Crippling to apply to all attacks Melee attack (for new tokens) defaulted to 'Attack' while it should default to 'Standard' .
  • Edit weapon: the special texts corresponding with the special qualities did not function correctly when the spec. qual. Were changed.
  • (BS): Updated text on various Fate based talents used in BC with Infamy to reference Favour (Fate or Infamy) in place of just Fate.
  • (BS): Added True Grit talent description from BC as it functions differently; functionality already implemented.
  • Fixed issues with skills and faithpowers in both the quicksheet and the fullsheet.
  • Repaired weapon use in the full sheet (didn't work anymore).
. . . . Excel
  • (BS): Added new quality: Natural Weapon and uploaded to FW & rebuilt library.
  • (BS): Added Natural Weapon to all weapons. This allows a single check for natural weapons; see Changes.
  • Updated psy phenomena and perils of the warp

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I forgot this Important note: the weapons for the RT ships have been updated with extra fields. This means that you need to re-add the weapons to existing ships. To do this select the ship, click manange my weapons, remove all weapons and then add them again. If you do not do this you will get pop-ups (for e.g. 'special') every time you attack.

Edit: Kambuk has pointed out that I've misinterpreted the RT macrobattery rules (and after diving into it I noticed something similar for lances). Thus this I need to redo. Currently entire MB hits are ignored by a voidshield and not just one hit. Same with lances. Torpedoes however might just work as intended... then again, who knows with the convoluted rulesystem FFG has thought up for this...

druski
Cave Troll

Post by druski »

Hi guys!

Definitely hoping to be able to play with this at SOME point, keeps escaping me. In the meantime I follow releases and play around a bit.

A bug for you (in the released version and in the dev version): Using BC Parry rules, no roll information is displayed when you click parry, and furthermore if the parry is unsuccessful nothing is printed at all. To duplicate, load campaign, turn on BC Parry, and click parry on Nihilus Faine.

You've inspired me to try to get a game going this weekend, thanks!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Thnx! Had a game last night and I noticed it too, but then for dodge and without the Bc rules. So I think it's a bug in evasion in general.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

@Druski: there seem to be some issues with your templates. Check out the oneNote testing section, there are some screenshots.

cheerz.

BTS1967
Cave Troll

Post by BTS1967 »

wolph42 wrote:I forgot this Important note: the weapons for the RT ships have been updated with extra fields. This means that you need to re-add the weapons to existing ships. To do this select the ship, click manange my weapons, remove all weapons and then add them again. If you do not do this you will get pop-ups (for e.g. 'special') every time you attack.

Edit: Kambuk has pointed out that I've misinterpreted the RT macrobattery rules (and after diving into it I noticed something similar for lances). Thus this I need to redo. Currently entire MB hits are ignored by a voidshield and not just one hit. Same with lances. Torpedoes however might just work as intended... then again, who knows with the convoluted rulesystem FFG has thought up for this...
All fixed now in the Dev version. The Parry works correctly (except for weapons listed as mounted... fixed as well) but the message was not being displayed.

Aquir
Kobold

Post by Aquir »

It is likely a very noobish question and probably answered already, (and I'll read my way through the 55 pages after posting this) but the session is drawing closer and still missing something essential...
First off: Amazing Framework, there's tons of love and time in this, kudos to you for creating such a great piece of utility. Please don't take my suggestions as critizism, I'm just noticing a couple of things at the end. I appreciate the time and work a project of this caliber takes and think you're amazing for doing this and enriching Roleplayers the world over.

Edit: Nevermind I'm such an eel. In great ignorance of the workings of maptools I thought I had to hide all the tokens so my players wouldn't see them so I made them invisible from players resulting in the error. The bug at the end is maybe of interest, this spoiler can easily be ignored for me being stupid.
Spoiler
I found out reasonably quick about the basics of maptool and was able to get an asteroid field up, my players' ship in and some of the values down, when a player connects though he doesn't get the 'Macros' box, even though I enabled 'Players Receive Campaign Macros' when starting the server. Clicking (as a player) on the 'Token Macro Frame' in 'Campaign' window, I get a visibility error:
Spoiler
Error running onCampaignLoad on lib:test : Unable to execute macro from "lib:test": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:TokenManager_v2.0 : Unable to execute macro from "Lib:TokenManager_v2.0": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:cifGroupSelect : Unable to execute macro from "Lib:cifGroupSelect": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:cifStopwatch : Unable to execute macro from "Lib:cifStopwatch": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:libLGMUtil : Unable to execute macro from "Lib:libLGMUtil": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:Templates : Unable to execute macro from "Lib:Templates": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:DWSquad : Unable to execute macro from "Lib:DWSquad": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:Vehicles : Unable to execute macro from "Lib:Vehicles": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:DH : Unable to execute macro from "Lib:DH": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:Ships : Unable to execute macro from "Lib:Ships": not visible to player.
Error running onCampaignLoad on lib:OnTokenMove : Unable to execute macro from "lib:OnTokenMove": not visible to player.
(this is the same for 'basic' character player tokens) meaning they can't attack, show weapon range, make any actions and so on; as well as managing a player's token (Weapons, movement, actions,...)
I'm stumped as to where to activate visibility for macros for players, and can't seem to find an answer in tutorials and videos. Maybe on one of the 50 pages xD
When I deactivate 'Players Receive Campain Macros' when setting up the server, they can't even see the campaign Macro (Macor buttons, Templates, etc) so I'm guessing that option does what it should, I'm just stuck at how to get your special token's macro window to the players.
Thanks for any help.
P.S.: Is there a plan to include Into the Storm, Hostile Acquisitions and Battlefleet Koronos/Ship's history and quirks?
I also noted that you can't edit the craftmanship of Armour or Items.
One last bug I noted is with ship's components. (Detailed in Spoiler)
Spoiler
When first I opened the Framework I thought I had to input values by right-clicking and editing the properties. Needless to say this resulted in a mess when I just put in the components as they are named in the excel sheet. The same error however occurs now that I've regularely put in the components and a player connects and clicks the ship before he's been given ownership of it. A neverending prompt to put in a value pops up, effectively crashing maptool. When hovering over the ship, as a player, you get lots of strings and code where components should be (i.e. -WarpEngine- (json.get(json.get(Components,"WarpEngine"), WarpEngineList)) and I as a GM only see the portrait (and only after putting an extra portrait in) in the lower left corner. I might have messed up the ship in some way and I'll try to create another (seeing as they'll be needing a target xD) but it behaves definitly different from the example ship you put up.
Thanks for reading, with highest regards
- Aquir

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Hi thanks for the feedback. I had no idea you could make the FW fail on such an epic scale on start up :mrgreen:

I'm not sure I completely understand you correctly so here a summary an my comment.

- you have hidden ALL tokens on the BASE map and that resulted in lots of errors
--> correct. There is little that I can do about that as that is MT core functionality. What you need to do is hide the ENTIRE map through the menu or Ctrl+h. Then create a new map and create your campaign there. It's bad practice in general to use the BASE map for anything else then storing tokens and lib tokens.

- you have edited tokens directly instead of using the macros...
--> unless you REALLY know what you are doing that's likely one sure way to mess up the token. The only solution is dragging a new token onto the map and start with that.

- if your players do NOT have ownership of a ship and they select it they get lots of errors?
--> I'll check this later, I realise that I haven't tested new ship tokens from scratch, however was this a token that you 'edited' yourself?.
edit: CONFIRMED: its broken!! Note that the whole RT ship thing is brand new, so it really prone to bugs. This is apparently one of them. When adding components you get errors, when you click these away al kinds of 'not supposed to happen' stuff happens.

- you cannot edit craftmenship of gear and armour.
--> correct. Armour will eventually be possible. Gear not as it's beyond the scope of the FW

- you only see a portrait in the lower left corner if you manually add one to the token portrait
--> peculiar, this should not be necessary. Can you upload a token to which this happens?

Did I miss something? And did I interpret correctly?

Thanks for the kind words. O and it's pretty useless to wade through the 50 pages, so dont waste your time on that. Everything you should need to know is in the manual and if not then I need to add that.

Ah missed one
-will ItS and HA be added in the future
--> if you mean weapons armour and components, then yes eventually although usually someone from the community adds them to the xls and then I implement them into the FW. in short if you feel upto it to do the data entry into the excel, then let me know and I'll give you access to the 'live' xls sheet.
Other stuff (==not combat related) is on a very low priority and only gets introduced when someone else (again community) feels upto it to add the code for it. There is soooo bloody much todo still if you only look at combat that I limit the scope of the FW to combat only, as far as I'm concerned. If someone else likes to code extra stuff in it I usually give access to the live version wherein the changes are made.

Aquir
Kobold

Post by Aquir »

I don't know if you got the e-mail I sent as answer to your pm, the forum won't let me do much yet.
Spoiler
Hey wolph,

Yes I did post and subsequently edit in your amazing FW channel, however
since I registered for this it needs to be approved first. Can't seem to
reply to you via pm either....

Anyway, the problem was self-induced (I hid the Framework tokens from
players in my ignorance, which led to a player connecting not getting
macros) which I edited as fixed. There's also a bug at the end of the post
that I left in.
Whilst re-visualising all framework tokens I also noted that there is one
grenade (frag grenade) that has visibility set to owners only. I don't
think that's supped to be that way, just wanted to let you know xD I'll
probably be posting more as I'm intending to give the shipcombat a thorough
testing (it's the reason I started grappling with maptool ^^)
Do tell if you need some help inputing skills, talents, ships, weapons and
so forth from Into the Storm, Battlefleet Koronos and Hostile Acquisitions,
as I said I'm focussing on ship-combat atm :D
So yes, I'm interested in helping with the database. I'll look it over and see if I can learn how to do it xD
Also I should have thought of leaving the base map alone. darn.
Editing the token directely was an ill advised thing to do, born from the fact that I had little to do with the whole system until... yesterday.
I believe the ship portrait may have been a side-effect from hiding the macros. The fields inside however are filled with garbled code only though, not the components that should be filled in ^^
Other interpretations were correct as far as I see.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I believe you need at least 2 posts before you are 'accepted' to the forum. So you could try pm ing me again. I have not received email nor pm from you. To give you access to the live xls I'll need an hotmail or live (windows) email address from you. Try pm-ing me. Data entry is HIGHLY appreciated!! It isn't really hard just quite a bit of work.

In the mean time I've fixed the 'initialization of new ships' in the current campaign file. I've copy pasted it in the current online version so if you redonwload the Framework that part at least should be fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

O and I also updated the help a bit, notifying that 'setting ownership' is vital for ships.

Aquir
Kobold

Post by Aquir »

Email content was in the spoiler in my last reply ^^
Sadly I have neither hotmail nor win-email xD If I write in openoffice calc can you copy the lines into your live one?
Also I noted a spelling error in the xls, under Weapons, Augmented Las-Weapon-Samaech the type states 'Energey' xD

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC] W40K-RPG_FW v7.1.2

Post by wolph42 »

An hotmail account is made in 5 minutes. You'll only need it to get access to our discussion doc. Specifically the tutorial part. I can copy paste yes that's a feature I've learned in the past 8) And no problem. It is however much more useful if you can edit the core doc but you do need excel for that. Although I think that the open office should work as well. As for access to my shared Dropbox I need any mail address you can provide me. Just pm me.

Edit: my sincerest gratitude by the way for pointing out my epic fail! I've been working on the rt ship battle for the last couple of months and never realised that's it was upto now impossible to create a new ship token... :shock:

Aquir
Kobold

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC] W40K-RPG_FW v7.1.2

Post by Aquir »

Ok, so after starting up anew I noted that my former observation stands - If you create a new ship there is no portrait of it in the lower left corner, no data and such - for the GM. The players do get it somehow. For players there's also only the common info in that box, down to voidshields; not the code that was before. Once the thing goes server though, the GM sees the info to the lower left as normal.
Edit: Embarking a pirate captain on a pirate vessel was no problem, doing the same on the PC's vessel gave the following error:
java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression abort(eval(inputStr)).
Edit2: Was able to manually input names of the explorers into the ship's properties. Seems to work, i.e. I can select who's supposed to shoot and so on.
Edit3: An option to revert a weapon might be a streamlining-idea, if you hit good craftmanship for instance or take some other (wrong) upgrade you have to delete and reassign the weapon, which might be especially irritating if it's a highly customized piece. So maybe add 'common craftmanship' to the options and a button to take selected upgrades away again.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”