MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (Old Version)

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by Elorebaen »

Thank you for the responses Neo and alias. I went ahead and remade the character on a fresh token and have yet to receive the error. I am going to see if I can look into what alias said, first, before I ask for further help.

Thank you again!

hitmahip
Kobold

Post by hitmahip »

Hi all,

I've a few questions, if you don't mind.

I've been trying to add additional information to the Statsheet, namely Initiative, attacks (ie: Longsword:+7 1d8+6) and skills with ranks.

I see that in the pathfinder token properties there is the value InitMod but displaying this does not reflect the correct Intitative.

Additionally I've tried to call the weapon array in the pathfinder token properties but have only succeeded in crashing myself with nulls.

I'm obviously going about it all wrong and starting to suspect that the data might be stored elsewhere (the character sheet?) but I don't know how to edit or call those forms.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Underableedingsun
Kobold

Post by Underableedingsun »

Hi,

I really like a lot of this framework. The game I am running is a custom Darksun campaign, so I need a lot of custom features. Off hand here's what I can think of:

Summon Templates: Need one for each of the 8 elemental incarnations + black and grey touched.
Change All Races
Add a bunch of custom skills, spells and feats.
Most classes are the same but a few are different - editable features on classes maybe?
Any way to add an auto fail chance whenever a divine spell is cast?
Is there a faster way to create monsters and attacks?? It seems to take me forever to add them in here, and its all custom creatures.
Add a custom prestige class?
Add psionics?
Probably a lot I'm missing at the moment.

More importantly - is there any easy way to do any of this? I know zero about programming, and don't have a ton of time to spend learning it at this stage in my life. I set up a working framework, but its really not near as powerful as I'd like.

Also, any kind of tutorial videos or guide on this?

Thanks.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Underableedingsun wrote:Summon Templates: Need one for each of the 8 elemental incarnations + black and grey touched.
Make the tokens and place them on the Summoned map and you can use the Summon Tokens macro.
Underableedingsun wrote:Change All Races
The framework does nothing with races unless you are talking the Type/Subtype tab and then that is easy by changing the Table CreatType to reflect the races you want.
Underableedingsun wrote:Add a bunch of custom skills, spells and feats.
For skills you can add whatever you want in the Skills table. There is a post by Lindsay here on how to do this. Spells are not included in the framework per se. They are included in one of the Drop-In extras Lindsay includes with his FW. As for feats, my suggestion would be to ignore them unless you can make them using the ActiveMods macro. checking a box for Spring Attack just to show you have it is a waste of programming time when you can use a true Character Generator program such as PC-Gen or HeroLabs or Red Blade(IIRC).
Underableedingsun wrote:Most classes are the same but a few are different - editable features on classes maybe?
I have no clue what you mean by this as classes are not even worried about in the FW. To the FW a Fighter is the same as a Sorcerer.
Underableedingsun wrote:Any way to add an auto fail chance whenever a divine spell is cast?
See above about spells.
Underableedingsun wrote:Is there a faster way to create monsters and attacks?? It seems to take me forever to add them in here, and its all custom creatures.
Yes, use the Statblock2Token Macro if using Pathfinder. If using 3.5, take the Pathfinder Statblock2Token macro and change it to fit your needs.
Underableedingsun wrote:Add a custom prestige class?
My assumption is this is for spell purposes and if so, see the spell comment above.
Underableedingsun wrote:Add psionics?
I don't know of many that use Psionics in play and if they do, they do it by hand. I have a player in my campaign that is one and we take care of it using HeroLab to track how many points he spends and such.
Underableedingsun wrote:Also, any kind of tutorial videos or guide on this?
There was one that Imperium made a long time ago so it will be semi out of date, but other than that no.

If you do need help as to the FW, I can make some time to go over it with you. Probably not this weekend though.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

hitmahip wrote:I've been trying to add additional information to the Statsheet, namely Initiative, attacks (ie: Longsword:+7 1d8+6) and skills with ranks.
Skills is kind of hard to do, but the weapons can be done. Why would you want this though when you can just use the Yellow Character Sheet macro and it brings up a frame with all of that info already available and it is hyperlinked so you can roll from it?
This bit of code will get you part of the way. You need to take into account if the token has Weapon Finesse, Strength Bonus, Dex Bonus, wielded Two-Handed..., but it gets you an idea.

Code: Select all

[H: wpnName1 = getStrProp(Weapon1, "Name")]
[H: wpnBonus1 = getStrProp(Weapon1, "AtkBonus")]
[H: wpnDmg1 = getStrProp(Weapon1, "Damage")]
[H: output = wpnName1+": "+wpnBonus1+" "+wpnDmg1]
[R: output]
hitmahip wrote:I see that in the pathfinder token properties there is the value InitMod but displaying this does not reflect the correct Intitative.
Same as above. It can be done but what is the pay off?
Here is the code for Initiative:

Code: Select all

[H: tImprovedInitiative = getStrProp(Feats, "ImprovedInitiative")]
[H: tImprovedInitiative = if(tImprovedInitiative == "", 0, tImprovedInitiative)]
[H: Initiative = (tImprovedInitiative * 4) + DexB + InitMod]
[R, if(Initiative < 0): Initiative; "+"+Initiative]

Underableedingsun
Kobold

Post by Underableedingsun »

Thanks Neo,

That really helps a lot answered most my questions.

1) When I said summon templates, I meant the templates, such as celestial or fiendish. For instance the fire template adds +2dex, -2con, +(based on hd) fire damage, and a chance to catch someone on fire every time he its. Can I create those templates to use with the roll summoned button.

2) Divine Casting - I guess the easiest way to do this would be to add a macro - that rolled 1d20 - on a one the spell fails and on a 2 it wild magics. Would that work? Could I make it roll on a wild magic table?

3) Thank you so much, the statblock was exactly what I needed - a little glitchy with my material, a lot of which is third party, but much better overall.

4) Yea, I figured there wasn't much for psionics. In Athas though, everything is psionic, so I was hoping for something. I need it probably more for me as a DM than for the players. I have like 9 psions I'm managing in an upcoming battle. How hard would it be to add a PP thing just like HP's?? That would be huge for me, but I don't think I could handle that.

5) That would be great if you could go over a few things in the framework. I really appreciate your insight here, its helped a lot. I wish I knew a little more about coding though.

I guess another thing I thought of is can you add time to states - like blind three rounds?? And how does that work?

Thanks again - the help is really appreciated.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Let me help:

1) If you can, use the ActiveMod system by making your own mods. If you need help, let me know and I can explain it better.
2) Yes, if you give me a reference, I can make a macro for you.
3) It is glitchy with most, but it gets you 80-90% of the way
4) If they are the same as PP in Pathfinder, I would take the Action Point macro and convert it to allow the Psions the ability to set how many points they spend.
5) As for the timing, their is a Hourglass token on the Libs and Utils page that does this. Just copy it to the map you are on and run the setup macro on it. Do this for each spell that uses a timer. Just make sure to click on the advance macro when it is it's turn in init.

hitmahip
Kobold

Post by hitmahip »

Same as above. It can be done but what is the pay off?
I use maptools on an old LCD that has been converted to a digital battlemat.

My players still like using their miniatures and we still roll the dice the analogue way. I first started using maptools to make and display maps. I used word for my campaign notes with links to the pfsrd for my monsters. Now I've a dream of integrating most of that directly into MT but most of the attack rolls seem to be hidden.

I've looked more at the character sheet and it does seem to answer most of my needs. Especially now that I've realised that I can tab multiple monsters - that's brilliant! What I might end up doing is just modifying the main character sheet form with a field in which i can copy paste the attack rolls.

Thank you very much for that code, I appreciate it very much. To use it I assume I go to campaign properties->token properties->pathfinder?

bfarlow
Kobold

Post by bfarlow »

What an amazingly comprehensive framework! Every time I think I've figured it out, I discover a new layer of features...

That being said, I note that the Statblock2Token macro only supports pathfinder. I was wondering if anyone had created a 3.5 version of the Statblock2Token macro. Thought I'd ask before I began the process of trying to dig through code and learn how to re-arrange the existing macro to suit my needs...being relatively new to coding macros, this promises to take quite some time. Thanks!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Well, it should work for D&D3.5 but only if you've set the campaign that way.

I remember doing some work on it to make it more generic in terms of handling either type of statblock correctly, but that was a long time ago and I haven't looked at it recently.

It used to have skill names hard-coded, for example, and I modified it to use the skill names that appear in the token's SkillJ property (I think). Those changes may or may not have been rolled back into the one that's part of the download here though.

Neofax is probably the person you'll want a reply from -- he's mostly become the caretaker of the PF one and may know about any differences for the D&D3.5 version.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Azhrei's correct, the Statblock2Token macro is generic enough due to the skills grabbing the names from the JSON, that you can use it for either system. The only item that may have a problem is Pathfinder uses a new term called Combat Maneuver whereas, 3.5 does not. I have not tried making a 3.5 token, but this is the only item that could possibly be a hang up. If so, the easiest way to fix that is put a IF in to look at what system is designated in the properties and run that part of the code if it is Pathfinder and skip if 3.5.

dem00n
Kobold

Post by dem00n »

Hi,

could some upload this framework again, please? The existing link is dead.

Thanks.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

dem00n wrote:could some upload this framework again, please? The existing link is dead.
Just tried it and it worked fine for me. You probably encountered a temporary server error.

dem00n
Kobold

Post by dem00n »

Working fine today.
Thanks.

jabelincoln
Kobold

Post by jabelincoln »

Hi First of all, I'd like to thank everyone on the forums for supporting these tools. I'm just beginning to learn maptools while trying to build a campaign for some of my friends who've spread apart over the years. I've used these forums quite extensively while trying surmount the learning curve, often to much success.

Now for the meat, as it were: While using the inventory macro built into the framework, I'm getting the familiar "Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.get"." error when I try to use the give function. It will send a whisper with a hyperlink, but clicking on the hyperlink displays the error. What trouble-shooting steps should I be taking, keeping in mind I don't know much about java or coding and am having to familiarize myself with the terms and concepts as I go along.

Thanks for all your help.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”