MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (Old Version)

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Avotas
Cave Troll

Re: MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by Avotas »

Yep. Java 7 isn't MapTool friendly.

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

So I went back to using Java 1.6 u 31 and I'm still getting the same error. I checked and the lock movement on the Init window isn't checked either. Anyone have any ideas? Another odd thing that is when I run maptools from my external (and older copy but the same build) it works fine, but any other installs are having problems.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Do you have both versions of Java? You can, but you have to make sure the startup is pointing to the correct one. You can verify by running Gather Debug Information in the Help menu. Also, do a search for javaw and a couple of my posts will describe the change needed to be made.

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

Well after reinstalling java 7 in addition to java 6 and changing the mt setting file to point at the right one everything seems to be working so far. The real test will be tomorrow when I can try connecting to the GM's computer again. Thanks Aliasmask!! Once again you come to the rescue.
DJ

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

Hey! I helped too! *sniff* No respect.

Seriously, I am glad you got it worked out, I ran into the same issue, and with the new game starting I need to remind folks not to install Java 7. :D

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

Well now that I know for sure that everything works on all the computers, thanks to both aliasmask and Avotas for all their help. Things are 100% fixed for now, but I'm sure I'll find another problem eventually :P
DJ

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

So far, loving this framework! Just had my second Pathfinder session (doing Keep on the Borderlands converted to Pathfinder!).

So far, I've been able to work past most things, but one thing that seems to cause me is pain is when a token goes uncon/dead, it's moved to the object layer. If I need to heal it or select it to calculate xp or roll for treasure, it's painful. I can't select all dead tokens either without selecting a dozen other map objects on that layer.

Is there a setting or easy fix to stop this? Or is there an easy macro that could select all (all uncon/dead?) NPC tokens? Best case would probably be a macro that just selects all NPC tokens on the Object layer and move them to token layer. It is kind of nice to have them moved during combat but the object layer is just to busy with other stuff.
-Jamz

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

It would be easy to write a macro that checks for dead tokens and either deletes them or moves them. A long time ago I was playing with the idea of a graveyard. To add some special effects, you could copy tokens to graveyard and change the dead tokens to blood splatters. I actually have some code written, but it would take me awhile to find, but I take a quick look. I remember having a send to graveyard button and a clear graveyard button.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

JamzTheMan wrote:So far, loving this framework! Just had my second Pathfinder session (doing Keep on the Borderlands converted to Pathfinder!).

So far, I've been able to work past most things, but one thing that seems to cause me is pain is when a token goes uncon/dead, it's moved to the object layer. If I need to heal it or select it to calculate xp or roll for treasure, it's painful. I can't select all dead tokens either without selecting a dozen other map objects on that layer.

Is there a setting or easy fix to stop this? Or is there an easy macro that could select all (all uncon/dead?) NPC tokens? Best case would probably be a macro that just selects all NPC tokens on the Object layer and move them to token layer. It is kind of nice to have them moved during combat but the object layer is just to busy with other stuff.
Glad it is being helpful!

If the major issue is calculating XP, the XP macro actually is very friendly, just do a large drag select on the object layer and run it. It will only process the tokens with the correct property type and will ignore all the mundane objects.

We found all the dead tokens remaining on the token layer to be cumbersome, which is why they drop to the object layer. Also, if the DM puts a list of items in the Notes field of the token, then when it drops to the object layer the players can click and easily "loot" the body.

If you want them to do something else, then the spot to make the change is in one of these routines (depending on whose HP Bars you are using):

subUpdateHPStatesBarsLGM
subUpdateHPStatesBarsAliasmask

In subUpdateHPStatesBarsLGM look for this bit of code and remove the two lines that sets the token to the object layer:

Code: Select all

[H, IF( isNPC() && !tDieHard ): eval(if(state.Dying, 'setLayer("object")', '0'))]
[H: state.StableHP = if(((HP + HPtemp) >= 0), 0, state.StableHP)]

[H: state.Dead = if((HP + HPtemp) <= deathpoint, 1, 0)]
[H, IF(state.Dead), CODE: {
  [H: if(isNPC(), setLayer("object"), '0')]
  [H: state.Dying = 0]
  [H: state.Unconscious = 0]
  [H: state.Prone = 0]
  [H: state.StableHP = 0]
}]
[H: eval(if(state.Dead, 'removeFromInitiative()', '0'))] 

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

Huh, didn't know that and I been using this framework forever. Maybe we should look into a features video for the next release?

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Hmm, cool test, thought I was getting a pop up for missing property on XP calc so will try again.

Although I do like the blood splat lol. We play at table so sometimes state icons aero small to see. I supposed could just change the death icon state to a large bright red bloodstain :)
-Jamz

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

Sense we are on the topic of experience points, and I really know of no system to keep track of it, I built a little macro. It takes over the Healing Surges variable. (We play Pathfinder)

Code: Select all

[H: ids = getImpersonated()]
[H: abort(if(ids == "", 0, 1))]
<table border="0"> 
  <tr bgcolor="#2E64FE"> 
    <table width="100%">
      <tr>
        <td style="padding:0px 5px;"> 
          <span style="color:white"><b>Experience Points:</b></font> 
        </td> 
      </tr>
    </table>
  </tr> 
  <tr>
    <td>
      My current experience total is: <b>[r:Healingsurges=Healingsurges + XPGained]!</b>
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
-Avotas

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”