Pathfinder Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Thundertoe
Kobold

Re: Pathfinder Framework

Post by Thundertoe »

Sorry guys, I haven't worked on this in a long time and don't plan to anymore. If anyone else wants to continue development, by all means you're free to do so.

I've moved on to Roll20 at this point, thanks for using the framework though :)
I found some buggs.
Every time i open the Equipment sheet it changes the Ability weapons are based on. Is there any easy fix to this?
Above the Initiative field it says "Do NOT add your dex bonus" but the initiative button doesn't include your dex bonus.
When selecting str bonus for a weapons damage ability it adds the bonus to the attack roll but not the damage roll.
When selecting strx1.5 it adds 1.5xstr to the attack rolls, which i don't think is correct.
The Framework looks cool but threes some small things, keep up the good work.
The dropdown should persist the default values, but if it isn't you'll have to look into that. Initiative was adding Dex last time I knew, but if you're having issues open the Initiative macro and make sure the variable for the dex mod is included.
When selecting strx1.5 it adds 1.5xstr to the attack rolls, which i don't think is correct.
1.5*value is semantically similar to value*1.5

RasgonOfLodos
Kobold

Post by RasgonOfLodos »

I removed the 4th Edition and Basic elements and added a default value of 999 to ArmorMaxDexBonus. You don't actually need to load the campaign, so I removed that too. All you need to do is:

Load the Properties Into Maptools
(From inside MapTools in any campaign file.)
1) Select Edit\Campaign Properties
2) Select Import
3) Select PF-Properties.mtprops
4) Select Ok
You have just loaded the properties into MapTools. "Pathfinder" should be listed under "Token Type." If you select it, then a bunch of properties should appear in the main text area.

Connect the Properties to the Token
5) Add any token to the map. I chose the Elf. You can find tokens by selecting Window\Library\Default\Tokens. (The panel that displays is called "Resource Library") Just accept any defaults that it presents.
6) Right click on the token. Select Edit\Config
7) Set the "Properties" dropdown to "Pathfinder"
8 ) Select Ok
You have just told that particular token to use the properties that you loaded earlier.

Load the Macros
9) Select the token. Notice that the phrase "No Macros" is displayed in the "selection" frame under the image of your token.
10) Right click on the text "No Macros" and select "Import Macro Set"
11) Select "PF-NewMacroSet.mtmacset"
12) Select Ok
You have loaded the macros onto your token and they are using the properties that you loaded earlier.

Setup Your Character's Data
You will need to setup the character sheet and equipment sheet before the macros work. The character sheet appears to have good enough defaults to make everything work, but attacking wont work until after you have at least opened and closed the equipment sheet.

You now have a set of macros that you can run on your own character. Have fun!
Attachments
PF-Properties.mtprops
This contains the pathfinder properties files
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 195 times
PF-NewMacroSet.mtmacset
This contains the pathfinder macro set.
(10.31 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

RasgonOfLodos
Kobold

Post by RasgonOfLodos »

This release fixes the bugs that have been noted before. I also reordered dex and con in the code so that it is in the same order that most people put it in their character sheets.
thegrym wrote:I found some buggs.
I was able to reproduce and fix most of these. Two were not reproducible.

thegrym wrote:Every time i open the Equipment sheet it changes the Ability weapons are based on. Is there any easy fix to this?
Yes, the fix was easy once I found it... finding it however... was not so easy. There was an off-by-one error between the numerical indexing of the json array that lists the ability modifiers and a method that was used to convert the names of ability modifiers into json array indexes. For example, (pseudo code) getIndex("StrengthBonus") should return 0, but it was returning 1.

thegrym wrote:When selecting str bonus for a weapons damage ability it adds the bonus to the attack roll but not the damage roll.
The ability bonus, weapon specialization proficiency etc, should be working now. There is probably more to do. This is how the to-hit and damage modifiers are being calculated now.

Code: Select all

[h: AttackBonus=eval(WepAbilBonus)+WeaponProficiency+WeaponFocus+WeaponEnhBonus+WeaponMiscAtkBonus]
[h: DamageBonus=eval(WepAbilBonus)+WeaponSpecialization+WeaponEnhBonus+WeaponMiscDmgBonus]
thegrym wrote:When selecting strx1.5 it adds 1.5xstr to the attack rolls, which i don't think is correct.
Above the Initiative field it says "Do NOT add your dex bonus" but the initiative button doesn't include your dex bonus.
For these, it looked like it was getting the right results to me, but I didn't test this until after I had already changed the code, so maybe there was something weird going on. Let me know if you find that it still isn't working for you. Please post a screen shot of the relevant data (e.g. strength/dex, init modifier, weapon screen, chat output.)

As an aside, based on some of your findings, I'm guessing that you are looking at the macros themselves. If you ever want the system to "show its work" just delete the h: at the beginning of the code block. e.g.

[h: AttackBonus=eval(WepAbilBonus)+WeaponProficiency+WeaponFocus+WeaponEnhBonus+WeaponMiscAtkBonus]
becomes:

[AttackBonus=eval(WepAbilBonus)+WeaponProficiency+WeaponFocus+WeaponEnhBonus+WeaponMiscAtkBonus]
And you will see this in the chat where nothing had appeared before:

« AttackBonus=eval(WepAbilBonus)+WeaponProficiency+WeaponFocus+WeaponEnhBonus+WeaponMiscAtkBonus = AttackBonus = (eval(DexBonus) + 0 + 1 + 10 + 20) = 34 »
thegrym wrote:The Framework looks cool but threes some small things, keep up the good work.
That's a good point. Thundertoe did a great job. It was pretty easy to understand what he was doing and he wrote it in a way that was pretty easy to find and fix the issues that you found. He even wrote useful comments. Kudos to him.
Attachments
PF-NewMacroSet.mtmacset
Attack and Damage bonuses for Attack Macro are now more accurate.
cStatParser returns the correct values.
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
PF-Properties.mtprops
Changed the order of Dex and Con in the ability modifier property.
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 268 times

ksignorini
Kobold

Post by ksignorini »

This worked first go for me! I've grabbed the latest files (newest post with files in it) though it would be great if you could just keep updating the original post with the latest files (and note that in the OP).

However, I'm wondering about rolling Init. When I use the macro to roll Init, it shows the Init in the chat window (great!) but it doesn't automatically set the initiative of the token in the Initiative Tracker. Is it supposed to?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

ksignorini
Kobold

Post by ksignorini »

ksignorini wrote:However, I'm wondering about rolling Init. When I use the macro to roll Init, it shows the Init in the chat window (great!) but it doesn't automatically set the initiative of the token in the Initiative Tracker. Is it supposed to?
To follow up on my own post, I added the following three lines to the end of the Roll Initiative button macro:

[h: addToInitiative()]
[h: setInitiative(Init)]
[h: sortInitiative()]
Now the token gets added to the Initiative tracker or the token's initiative gets updated in the tracker. And, the list gets sorted.

Thanks!

ksignorini
Kobold

Post by ksignorini »

Thinking about my last post, this macro change will only work for GM's from what I've tested. Makes sense.

Have you thought about a modified version of the macros for monsters only? Keep the same ones for NPC's and more important monsters, and a simplified set of macros and character sheet for throw-away and one-off monsters?

Thoughts?

EmbraceTheFall
Kobold

Post by EmbraceTheFall »

I've been trying to get this working for two days now with no luck so figured I'd come here. It loads up fine, and the only real problem I'm having is that it seems to be randomly adding 1 or 2 to every roll the macros make. I've double and triple checked the values input into the character sheet, but it seems no matter what i try, the total always comes out either 1 or 2 higher than it should. Is this a known issue with a fix, or is it just me?

Ramsey
Kobold

Post by Ramsey »

While this looks like a good campaign framework, I keep getting stack overflow errors whenever I try to use the character or equipment sheet macros.
I followed the instructions to the letter, so I know I installed it right and I've tried it out on both maptools 1.3.b87 (which uses java 6) and then newer 1.3.b89 (which uses java 7), but I keep getting the same error.

This problem is really frustrating me, can anyone help?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Sorry Embrace, I can't help with your issue.

Ramsey, those memory settings are a starting point. If you get stack size errors, just bump it up a little bit. On a low memory machine running a 32-bit Java, you should start small and build up. For example, if you've got 1MB set as the stack size, maybe try 2MB. Then 3MB, then 4MB.

The Java runtime is somewhat dynamic in terms of its capabilities (a lot depends on what drivers are installed on the host system, like DirectX versions and so forth) which means some flexibility needs to be allowed in Java-based settings.

HTH.

Ramsey
Kobold

Post by Ramsey »

Azhrei wrote:Ramsey, those memory settings are a starting point. If you get stack size errors, just bump it up a little bit. On a low memory machine running a 32-bit Java, you should start small and build up. For example, if you've got 1MB set as the stack size, maybe try 2MB. Then 3MB, then 4MB.

The Java runtime is somewhat dynamic in terms of its capabilities (a lot depends on what drivers are installed on the host system, like DirectX versions and so forth) which means some flexibility needs to be allowed in Java-based settings.

HTH.
I've already tried that many times, it doesn't help.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Then I guess we'll need to see the error messages. You can copy/paste it into a post here.

Ramsey
Kobold

Post by Ramsey »

It's just the standard stack overflow warning I think.

<html>A stack overflow has occurred.<p>This is commonly because a macro being used has exceeded the stack space specified when MapTool was executed.<br>Please run MapTool again and specify a larger stack size.

Ramsey
Kobold

Post by Ramsey »

From the lack of replies I take it that no-one knows how to fix this issue?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I suggest you post your debug info under Help | Gather debug info. I suspect your stack is too low. Usually 3M is good enough, but if you're running the default MT macros then its set at 512K (xss). You could also have a huge html comment that is trying to post with the character sheet which is causing the stack overflow. Text outside of MT statements ([H:...]) is sent to the chat including comments. This is the usual cause of a stack overflow. Especially when you have a bunch of loops like the character sheet is likely to have.

Ramsey
Kobold

Post by Ramsey »

Bah!
I've set the stacksize to ludicrously high numbers and it still says stack overflow!
I'm fed up with this thing, I'll just throw something together myself. It probably will be a lot more minimalistic, but at least it will work.

Thanks for trying to help, guys, but I'm giving up on this thing.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”