[Cyberpunk 2020] Interest Check in a Framework

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

[Cyberpunk 2020] Interest Check in a Framework

Post by aliasmask »

I haven't played this since when it first came out, but as a programming project I'm going to build a framework based on the 2020 core book. Does anyone else here have interest in using a framework from this system? Do you have any special requests as to features and functionality?

Cherno
Giant

Re: [Cyberpunk 2020] Interest Check in a Framework

Post by Cherno »

Never played it and probably never will (although I'd love to), but I read all the books and generally are very interested in the whole Cyberpunk scenerio. Now that a new version is coming out that is supposedly closer to the original 2020 than the infamous 3rd edition, maybe it would make sense to wait what this new release has to offer :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Are you talking about the Cyberpunk 2077 RPG? There is a VIDEO for the upcoming video game, which I figure will take at least another year to be released. I didn't know there was going to be a Pen and Paper version coming out... do you have any links?

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

No I ain't got no links but from what I've heard the pen & paper version is gonna be released around the same time as the computer game. I think it was discussed on RPG.net but it was a few weeks ago so it's hard to find anything without the search function working over there.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

After looking through the Afterlife Forums for Cyberpunk the only reference I see to a PnP is that the video game will have CP2020 characters and events. Also, the video game is slated for 2015. I estimate it'll only take me 2 weeks to create core framework.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

I'd definitely be interested ! I had written a Framework in French a while a go to support a Campaign I was running, but I'm sure you'll do a lot better than what I did with my meager skills. It did a lot to automate combats (including martial arts) nad netrunning, but it was very ugly (no char sheet, all barebones).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

As far as features goes, and I sort of did this for another FW is have an image of the weapon and ammo on the token image similar to this:
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (19.76 KiB) Viewed 6829 times
I'll take a look at your macros and see what I can glean from them, but I'll be writing everything from scratch. I'll have to design a new health bar too because the fading arc one I created doesn't really represent the way hit points are handled.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

That sounds great ! If you're interested, you can download the framework HERE. You'll need an older maptool to open it (b76 should work).

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

If you're interested, I could do some sample tokens or net running graphics, even token states. Just tell me what you could need.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yikes, so many macros... I'm going to try and make the FW as intuitive as possible and only have a couple of macros and perhaps a toolbar. I'm going to make it as frameless as possible, so the only frame you'll need open is chat, a character viewer (no stat sheet) and toolbar.

@Cherno, thanks for the offer. Once I get a design down I'll start listing my progress and my needs. I'm thinking of hosting an online project manager to list tasks, code and whatnot, because I will be working with another guy who inspired the start of this project. I can add you to the project if you wish so you can participate.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

aliasmask wrote:Yikes, so many macros... I'm going to try and make the FW as intuitive as possible and only have a couple of macros and perhaps a toolbar. I'm going to make it as frameless as possible, so the only frame you'll need open is chat, a character viewer (no stat sheet) and toolbar.
Yep I know. That was my first framework, and my coding-fu was bad. But it worked, and helped speeding things up during combat, as it handled bursts, all the martial arts moves from the Pacific Rim addon, etc.... I was actually thinking about rebuilding it to include a character sheet, and make it a lot more user friendly, but since I'm sure you're going to make something a lot better, I'll just use yours :)

In any case, looking forward to see your work, please let me know if you need some testing (I GMed CP2020 quite a bit).

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

I have to warn you, I have a history of jumping from project to project and abandoning old ones as soon as I find a new one that interests me more :D

It's just that I have a tons of art I made for my Shadowrun maptools project that could be used or altered to fit the setting.

Edit: Also, I like statsheets, just sayin' ;)
Last edited by Cherno on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Oh, there will still be stat sheets, just not one that pops up blocking the view of the screen as you mouse over things. It'll be a static frame and depending on mode would either require you to click a token or mouse over to view it. It'll include other elements like initiative and links for skills and abilities. Put that will all be a part of the design phase.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be putting a significant amount of time in to it. Once I sort out all the elements for the framework, I'll need some mockups for reference and inspiration. I like your campaign macros and other graphics, very cool. I tend to drift from project to project myself, but having people interested in a pimped out version keeps me motivated.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

I think I'm gonna make some icon graphics for data fortresses and maybe some other netrunning stuff... Currently thinking about making them in the slick chrome style from my Shadowrun project or more like 80s computers with simple white or green on black pixelated "graphics"... I sense need for a lot of tinkering and comparison shots!

In the meantime, here's some stuff I quickly threw together in case I ever need a CP2020 font.

My favourite is the second one with the heavy pixelation, reminds me of early 90s Amiga games :)
Spoiler

Return to “MapTool”