MT1.3b87.04 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b87.04 PF+3.5 Framework (RELEASED... Latest Version

Post by lmarkus001 »

Dorn wrote:I'm unable to duplicate your problem, but it did point out a bug to me on the finalizing and setting up timers.

Lmarkus, if you run the finalize macro on a group of summoned tokens all at once and choose to set up the timer, it bugs out because the currentToken is now a list. The same happens, of course, if you run the timer setup directly. It needs a foreach to run the timer setup on all of them.

Good catch, thanks!

I recently wanted to just use my PC token as a timer (I did not have multiple things to time so this was an expedient mechanism) and found out that changing the token name (adding the end round to the name) totally hosed my other frames (like character sheet and spell menu). So I am going to make that part optional.

sofakingwetatdid
Kobold

Post by sofakingwetatdid »

First off I am a really new (read first time) user. I just downloaded 13b89 java 6 32bit and 64, java 7 32 and 64 and I finally got it to work. Yay step 1

Now step 2
I loaded downs NEW empty pathfinder framework.
(upped the stack and now that's working Woo!)

However these Huge Player cards Pop up when I hover over any character, can I turn that off? Also say I want to import a char from something like PC gen which statblock do I select and where do I input it for a new PC?

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

sofakingwetatdid wrote:First off I am a really new (read first time) user. I just downloaded 13b89 java 6 32bit and 64, java 7 32 and 64 and I finally got it to work. Yay step 1

Now step 2
I loaded downs NEW empty pathfinder framework.
(upped the stack and now that's working Woo!)

However these Huge Player cards Pop up when I hover over any character, can I turn that off? Also say I want to import a char from something like PC gen which statblock do I select and where do I input it for a new PC?
I assume you meant my version. For the importing, from PCGen specifically, the statblock_pathfinder.html character sheet should be what will work for the importer macro. Meaning, you'll select the token that will represent the PC, click the "PF Stablock2Token [2.0]" macro, and paste in that whole sheet. You'll then need to check everything to make sure it's what you want. For PCs, I'd say that'll give you a base to go by, but you'd want to make changes to a few things, like showing the class levels (I haven't updated yet to include that new addition), and actual armor and items. Alternatively, you can build from the ground up by pressing the "Setup Blank" macro instead of the importer. That will walk you through, step by step, for creating a character.

Now, as far as the pop up. You've got a couple things you can do. In the preferences menu, there's on option to change the size of the character portrait ("Statsheet Portrait size") and to turn off the stat sheet completely ("Show stat sheet on mouseover"). I'm going to assume you want SOME info, though, so here's what you do. In the edit menu, you go to "Campaign Properties". From the list of items there on the Token Properties tab, choose Pathfinder. This is a list of every stat stored by default on character/monster tokens when you set them up. You can see a key down underneath the input window that tells you what some special characters do within this list of properties. The GM sees more things on the sheet than the owner, and the owner sees more than other players. You can go through this list and change anything you do or don't want to be visible.

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions, I/we are here.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

sofakingwetatdid wrote:...

Also, if you hold down SHIFT while mouse-ing around, the statsheets will not pop up. I wish this was reversible so that only by holding down shift would the statsheet pop up, but alas it is what is is.

I am near to releasing another update wherein the statsheet properties are clearly delineated in the framework so you can easily remove/modify them as desired.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Dorn wrote:For the importing, from PCGen specifically, the statblock_pathfinder.html character sheet should be what will work for the importer macro.
For the applications that allow customized charsheet output, I'm surprised this hasn't been done before, and maybe taken to the next step.

<rambling>
What I'm referring to is building an output charsheet that has everything laid out in an easy-to-read format for a MTscript macro, even if it's not very human readable. For example, something like:

Properties{
Craft(Taxidermy)|12|Dex|3|7|2
}

Where the numbers represent total ranks, appropriate stat, stat modifier, skill points spent, misc bonus. With that level of detail the macro can verify that the values match what it expects (like "Dex" being the right skill) as a double-check against simple errors.

It also makes processing chunks of the data very easy. Use a regular expression to isolate everything in braces, pulling out the keyword in front of the braces. Now execute a macro called process.Properties() and pass it whatever was inside the braces. This makes it very modular and hence easier to debug, and also makes it easy to extend. The charsheet could include a version number at the top, like "version 1.1.12" and the macro could pass that to the others that it calls, preferably in JSON format like ["1", "1.1", "1.1.12"] to make it easy for each module to pull out what it wants without having to parse it again. Of course, this scheme works best if some rules are made regarding when the version number changes and how...
</rambling>
lmarkus001 wrote:Also, if you hold down SHIFT while mouse-ing around, the statsheets will not pop up. I wish this was reversible so that only by holding down shift would the statsheet pop up, but alas it is what is is.
Hm, that's a good idea. Too late in the process to make that change now though. I implemented like this so that it wouldn't change the UI experience, but I like the idea of the option. :)

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

Azhrei wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:Also, if you hold down SHIFT while mouse-ing around, the statsheets will not pop up. I wish this was reversible so that only by holding down shift would the statsheet pop up, but alas it is what is is.
Hm, that's a good idea. Too late in the process to make that change now though. I implemented like this so that it wouldn't change the UI experience, but I like the idea of the option. :)
I would imagine this would work well as a nested option underneath the option for turning off the statsheet popup for letting shift turn on the statsheet if you want when it's defaulted to not be on. I hope that sentence make sense.

lmarkus, I don't think that your statsheet is NEARLY as invasive as mine, but making it easier for people to figure out how to customize it probably isn't a bad thing. I'm interested to see your changes.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I would like to see a toolbar with the common stuff, attack, spec attack, skill, save, hp change which would also double as a persistent frame that could handle events. I have code already for single click and 2nd click (not double click, which opens a token). The stat sheet could be a frame as well triggered by mouseover. The normal sheet can then be turned off.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

aliasmask wrote:I would like to see a toolbar with the common stuff, attack, spec attack, skill, save, hp change which would also double as a persistent frame that could handle events. I have code already for single click and 2nd click (not double click, which opens a token). The stat sheet could be a frame as well triggered by mouseover. The normal sheet can then be turned off.
In a way, that is exactly what the framework character sheet is. From that sheet you can adjust hitpoints, roll saves, roll skill checks, etc. I know that when I am a player in my framework, I rarely use the campaign macros. Instead I have open a Character Sheet frame, Attack Frame, Inventory Frame, Spell Menu Frame and Target AE frame. From those I can do most of what I want. I only venture into the Campaign macros for Summoning, Stat damage, and the like.

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

Does anyone know of issues, bugs, or problems with this framework when running MT 1.3b89 05? It lists it for MT1.3b87 04 so I just want to make sure I don't go wasting hours bashing my head on the kybd trying to fix version issues that have (or soon will be) resolved 8)

I want to start all new so new MT version + new framework.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

dantarith wrote:Does anyone know of issues, bugs, or problems with this framework when running MT 1.3b89 05? It lists it for MT1.3b87 04 so I just want to make sure I don't go wasting hours bashing my head on the kybd trying to fix version issues that have (or soon will be) resolved 8)

I want to start all new so new MT version + new framework.
I am waiting on b90 before validating with a new rev (and will release my next set of updates at that time too). I believe if you turn off Smilies things work but I have not really tested.

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

lmarkus001 wrote:
I am waiting on b90 before validating with a new rev (and will release my next set of updates at that time too). I believe if you turn off Smilies things work but I have not really tested.
Sweet thanks! Guess I won't put to much effort in then for now. I can still use the framework and previous MT version for game nights until then.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Hello,

Has anyone noticed that PCs are getting Locked for Movement while in Initiative, even though that option is not checked in the campaign preferences? Very annoying. If I could just remove that code entirely, I would. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

Elorebaen wrote:Hello,

Has anyone noticed that PCs are getting Locked for Movement while in Initiative, even though that option is not checked in the campaign preferences? Very annoying. If I could just remove that code entirely, I would. Any ideas?

Thanks!
I'm not sure that would even be a campaign preference... And I don't see it in the general program preferences. I know there's a total movement lock under the "Tool" window, and there's the lock when in initiative under the initiative menu (Drop down arrow beside the "Next" button on the initiative window). Is one of those checked?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Thanks!
There is movement locking code in both BoT and Aliasmask's library. I have removed AM's library for the next release (I was unhappy with several performance and intrusion aspects of it) so that will ease this issue.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: MT1.3b87.04 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (Latest Versio

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:

Thanks!
There is movement locking code in both BoT and Aliasmask's library. I have removed AM's library for the next release (I was unhappy with several performance and intrusion aspects of it) so that will ease this issue.
Thank you for the head's up!

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”