Modified Artpack! Probono's Megapack V2!

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

Modified Artpack! Probono's Megapack V2!

Post by dorpond »

Probono's original Megapack (ProBono's 6x6 Mega Tile Pack) has been modified to include an additional 160 Dungeon Builder Tiles and 2 more train tiles.
WOOHOO! Tiles Galore!!

Probono's original Megapack was released here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21677

The original pack is no longer available to download since this new one includes everything the original had.

This new pack, (ProBono's 6x6 Mega Tile Pack V2) now includes the additional items:
Dungeon Builder Tiles.jpg
Dungeon Builder Tiles.jpg (605.6 KiB) Viewed 4177 times
Here is the appended license info:
(30/07/2013) Additional information concerning the 'Dungeon Tiles':

These tiles have been added later on to the Megapack with the following credits due:
- Tile design: Wolph42
- Tile creation: Probono (also done in Dundjinni)
- Tile processing: Dorn

In addition to these and ALL other tiles from the megapack, Jamztheman created a database that contains 3 'vision
blocking layer (VBL) versions for EACH tile. The dungeon builder tiles (together with the basic set) are specifically
designed to be used in the 'Dungeon Builder 2' maptool framework. The latter is created by Jamztheman and Wolph42
and can be found here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 43#p241443
Wolph42 has also created 2 extra tiles for the 'train' set so that those too can be used by the Dungeon Builder 2.
These 2 tiles have been added to the existing '6x6 Train' set.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: Modified Artpack! Probono's Megapack V2!

Post by RPTroll »

Awesome!
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

This is good stuff... but the necessary features to use the Dungeon Builder 2 need to be propagated to a released version of MT1.3 for this to get decent community adoption.

We've got this custom build out there and the sound capable custom build out there now... and maybe more. There is a lack of community over-sight and testing in these custom builds. I think it's nice that people are sharing their builds but, unfortunately, I don't see these nice additions to MT getting much use.

Also, and I hate to be negative, but this post is in the Announcements forum... and it's pushing the adoption of a custom build to get the most out of it. I don't think it should be here. I believe that announcements (which I'm sure many people like me are subscribed to and received email notifications every time there is a post/response) should be relegated to "official" MT business.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Actually the dungeon builder is fully compatible with b90. So no special build is required. (granted, while the code is compatible, the campaign file isn't, so as soon as b90 is released we need to port the code to a new campaign file. Point remains, no special build is required). Alas b90 isn't released yet but well it should be expected soon(TM)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:Actually the dungeon builder is fully compatible with b90. So no special build is required. (granted, while the code is compatible, the campaign file isn't, so as soon as b90 is released we need to port the code to a new campaign file. Point remains, no special build is required). Alas b90 isn't released yet but well it should be expected soon(TM)
Glad to hear that B90 will have the necessary updates. That's what I was (am) hoping for.

But as of right now... a special build is required.
wolph42 wrote: Note that the campaign and the auto VBL ONLY runs in jamz custom MT build (look in his sig for a link). This is a custom build in preparation for b90 (currently b89m). This means that as soon as MT b90 is released, this campaign file should work in that as well.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

indeed it is. AlsoI just checked whether the code *is* actually compatible in b90 (using Azh test build) and it is! I just need to export/import the maps, tables and campaign buttons. So thats half hour work.

In other words, as soon as b90 is officially released ill make it available for the official build.

Note by the way, that Dorpond simply makes new tiles available and this *should* be posted here. The fact that you can *also* use these tiles in (currently only) special build does not diminish the fact that an usefull upgrade of the megapack has just been made available for *anyone* to use, regardless of which build you're using.

I will update the OP as soon as b90 is released and change all references to the special build to b90 instead.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

wolph42 wrote:Dorpond simply makes new tiles available and this *should* be posted here. The fact that you can *also* use these tiles in (currently only) special build does not diminish the fact that an usefull upgrade of the megapack has just been made available for *anyone* to use, regardless of which build you're using.
Exactly.
This is just another art pack like every other. Anyone can use this like every other artpack out there to date. Over 100 tiles have been added and released, so this is an announcement.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

dorpond wrote:
wolph42 wrote:Dorpond simply makes new tiles available and this *should* be posted here. The fact that you can *also* use these tiles in (currently only) special build does not diminish the fact that an usefull upgrade of the megapack has just been made available for *anyone* to use, regardless of which build you're using.
Exactly.
This is just another art pack like every other. Anyone can use this like every other artpack out there to date. Over 100 tiles have been added and released, so this is an announcement.
Well your forum. Your call.

But I'm not subscribed to the Announcements section to get emails about map packs and stuff for custom builds. Make me out to be the bad guy if you want, but I like to limit what comes into my inbox.

Easy enough though, I'll just unsubscribe. I come here often enough that I'll probably see when a new version of MT get released.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:Urgh... It is NOT for a custom build. It is for use in the official release of mt.
I'm not sure why we've got to confuse people here. Can I use Dungeon Builder 2 on 1.3b89 (the current official release of MT)? My understanding is that I can not.

1) Dungeon Builder 2 was built to work on Jamz custom build. At the time I posted, the suggestion was that is *should* work in the, as yet, unreleased B90.

2) B90 isn't out yet. Glad to hear that it's working with the test build. But it's still just the test build, is subject to change before being released, and is not in wide use.

Not trying to split hairs, and it seems like offense is being taken to the fact that I'm not a fan of getting MapPack release notices in my email (due to my subscription to Announcements) and when a mod that doesn't work with the current release of MT is being promoted at the same time. Given the extremely diminished number of people using Jamz's custom build or the unreleased B90, I just don't think this is Announcement Forum material. And I think Map Packs are "User Creations" or "External Resources" and if I wanted emails about those things I'd subscribe to those forums.

But again, your forum your rules. I'm just putting out my opinion.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

So, you don't think that a new map pack should be announced here?
Note that although this is a user creation, it's made available through the Maptool download/resource menu. And because this is an upgrade of an existing pack it's not immediately obvious for users that already downloaded this pack. Hence we decided to announce this here. (and as far as I know other resources are also announced here)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:So, you don't think that a new map pack should be announced here?
Personally, no. There are a number of user creations that I think are far more valuable than a map pack (like a lot of the stuff you, Aliasmask, and CIF do) and they don't get "Announcement" treatment.

Plus, when I subscribe to the Announcement forum and I get an email saying there is an announcement I get all excited about a new version of MT being released... or maybe some important info about the current releases... and it's disappointing when it's something like a map pack. ;) Feels like spam to me at that point.
Note that although this is a user creation, it's made available through the Maptool download/resource menu. And because this is an upgrade of an existing pack it's not immediately obvious for users that already downloaded this pack. Hence we decided to announce this here. (and as far as I know other resources are also announced here)
Yeah, they are. And I don't use them. And I bet a lot of users don't use them. That's not a reflection of the quality. Most are pretty exceptional. It's a reflection of the fact that I just don't tend to build my maps with tiles and believe that people who do are probably not a majority of MT users.

These things would probably get more notice if they were promoted on the release of new version of MT anyway.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Clear!
Although our opinions differ we're at least on the same page.

I guess it's a bit pointless to start a discussion where we both know that our opinions differ so let's leave it at that. A

The only thing that we could do is ask others whether they would or would not mind having these announcements types in the Announcements thread.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Art packs / map packs are value added assets that can be downloaded within Maptool via a feature built into Maptool. That is why they are announced here. They are that value added goodness. :)

Return to “Announcements”