Tokenlab: Pathfinder Herolabs -> Maptools converter

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Tinner7
Kobold

Re: Tokenlab: Pathfinder Herolabs -> Maptools converter

Post by Tinner7 »

Help!

Ok it might be becouse it was late at night when I tried using this, but I still am having problems with what looks like a simple program.

I have followed the step by step instructions on how to make a Pathfinder token using this, maybe they need updating? or maybe I just need a good kick in the head :)

Following the instructions, I grab the image and the token image and set a token output folder. I hit configure and its says its done. Load up Maptools add the output folder as a resource for my library. Load the Campaing framework but there is no token in Maptool.

I have also noticed a issue with the main button for configure not working right, but it works if I right click on the token itself.

I don't know, maybe its all just me! :) but any guidance would be awesome because making Pathfinder/maptool intergration is a huge bonus for my weekly game, since the move from 4E and Masterplan.

sozin
Cave Troll

Post by sozin »

Hi Tinner! Sorry to see you are having problems.

Easiest way to help debug your issue is to do a chat session. Are you free this week to join me at chat.dmtools.org ? I should be free most nights after 8 pm EST; just let me know what works for you. I can be reached at sozinsky at gmail dot com for coordination.

Cheers!

sozin
Cave Troll

Post by sozin »

Tinner, you still need help? Let me know! :-)

Lifer4700
Cave Troll

Post by Lifer4700 »

Sozin,

I have recently updated HeroLab to version 4.0c (17 Sep 2012).
Apparently, they changed the XML output.

The only thing I've noticed so far is that in the <weapon> tag, the crit property is now reported differently. They no longer write a 20 to the file if that is the weapon's threat range.

Example:

Instead of crit="20x2" it now just reports as crit="x2" with the 20 being assumed.
The macro output from Tokenlab results in a threat of 100-20x0, which is obviously not good.

There does not appear to be any change if the weapon has a threat range other than just 20.
I should change my profile name to Freddy because JSON and I don't quite get along yet.

sozin
Cave Troll

Post by sozin »

Thank you!

I noticed this as well earlier in the week and silently patched TokenLab. If you grab the jar or the zip file you'll see that this has been corrected.

Cheers

Lifer4700
Cave Troll

Post by Lifer4700 »

Outstanding!

Thanks again, problem solved.
I should change my profile name to Freddy because JSON and I don't quite get along yet.

lavabeast
Cave Troll

Post by lavabeast »

i am not sure if this has been asked of fixed yet but when i try to export i get this error:

Something Bad Happened:java.util.zip.zipException:error in opening zip file

sozin
Cave Troll

Post by sozin »

hi lavabeast! sorry for the late reply. can you send me the herolabs .por file that is generating this error? sozinsky at gmail dot com

ty

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

I'm using this great tool, thanks to all who created it!! Now the problem, I'm trying to use (use disguise) on a token I created through Tokenlab but I cant change the image on my tokens. I can change the image on any other token I've created through Statblock Parsers and such but the Tokenlab tokens refuse to change images even with out trying to use the use disguise macro. Anybody shed some light on this?

Is this question in the right area? :shock:

P.S. What language would be the most useful to learn using Maptools? Java or C++, etc. I realize it's java based but does it use it's own language? God I'm a newb to this :oops: but have been successfully running campaigns and writing my own macro's for over a year. I now realize I have no idea how I've maintained a loyal group!

Thanks in advance!
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

sozin
Cave Troll

Post by sozin »

Hello! Thank you. Can you email me the herolab .por file for the token you're having an issue with? I will try to reproduce the issue :-)

sozinsky at gmail dot com

ty!

Re: learning maptools, definitely Java.

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

Thanks for replying Sozin, I'll send you the .por but I dont think that'll help. Are you able to change the image of a token you've created through Tokenlab when your using Maptools? This is a great tool and my players love the layout but as players can be, they're being a bit insistant on being able to change their image when ever they like and so far this is not an option when creating tokens using Tokenlab. If you can change an image on a token then I'm back to trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong on my end when creating the token. Could you please test this and get back to me? :?

Thanks for your patience!

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

Okay, figured it out. The token is "corrupt" and can only be fixed in tokenLab, patched in MT or manually by editing the rptok file (.zip). The file context.xml lists the image assets like this:

Code: Select all

<imageAssetMap>
    <entry>
      <string>Troll 01</string>
      <net.rptools.lib.MD5Key>
        <id>0589979da1f0e6b9990cfa911c9f4de5</id>
      </net.rptools.lib.MD5Key>
    </entry>
  </imageAssetMap>
But should be like this:

Code: Select all

<imageAssetMap>
    <entry>
      <null/>
      <net.rptools.lib.MD5Key>
        <id>0589979da1f0e6b9990cfa911c9f4de5</id>
      </net.rptools.lib.MD5Key>
    </entry>
  </imageAssetMap>

Apparently, by setting the name instead of putting </null> it doesn't allow MT to change the token image manually or with any of the functions. I suggest you contact the creator of TokenLab and let him know so he can patch that problem. Seems like it would be an easy fix.

This may have been the token format at one time, but the current version 1.3b89 doesn't list assets that way, and it's a problem. Another possible solution would be to patch MT when the token is first read and make the correction then. Someone like Lee could probably do it very fast, but I don't know when the general public would have access to it in the next release of MT b90 (no release date pending).

As far as an easy fix on your end, the only way I know of is to edit the content.xml file in the zip and that can be a pain. First you "save" your token, change the token name to .zip, open zip and export content.xml file. Open file in editor and look for imageAssetMap at top. Change the <string>...</string> to <null/>. Save. Import file to zip. Change name back to rptok. Drop token back in to campaign.

After all that, you can then change the image manually or with Disguise macro.
Sozin This is what AliasMask found, perhaps you could tweak this for us? :D

sozin
Cave Troll

Post by sozin »

Yep will look into it ty!

sozin
Cave Troll

Post by sozin »

Just a heads up, the latest version of Herolab broke Tokenlab (new xml formats), so I patched it.

- jar file download (dropbox)
- full zip solution

General point: I've migrated off of MapTools in favor of roll20. This is primarily due to the fact that the MapTools scripting system drives me effing batty. roll20 uses javascript as its backend, and the development environment for javascript makes it much easier to manage. As such I'm freezing support for MapTools other than the occasional "HeroLab changed the datafile format" patch.

Cheers

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”