CharTool Requires internet connection?!

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

anikun
Kobold

CharTool Requires internet connection?!

Post by anikun »

When i went to go to my DnD session last night, i couldnt access my character info cause CharTool requires an internet connection to even start up :/

jay
RPTools Team

Re: CharTool Requires internet connection?!

Post by jay »

CT should work fine w/o an internet connection. But, the base D&D files that come with CT are on the internet so you would need to download them. I know that some of the D&D monster pictures are retrieved from the internet, but I didn't think that would keep it from running.

anikun
Kobold

Post by anikun »

when i did launch it, it kept bringing up an Error stating that it couldnt connect to rptools.net and this is the jar file i was clicking, not the file for my char itself

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Was there an exception trace?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, I came across that in the code somewhere. There's a library that attempts to check network connectivity by making a connection to www.rptools.net and it's buried inside some piece of rplib, IIRC. It's harmless and can be ignored. (Well, assuming that you've downloaded the original data files as jay pointed out.)

Return to “CharacterTool”