MapTool 1.3 Final, patch06 (build 89)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Omethiklan
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch06 (build 89)

Post by Omethiklan »

Are there any news on the "MapTool forgetting the positions of framework frames"-issue that Booga has reported in b89 earlier in this thread? (Post) It is still there in the b90-beta build that is around for download. I am using a framework that is not too complicated in terms of VBL and advanced features of MapTool, but it does use a number of frames - having them to reorganize every time I start MapTool is the only thing that bugs me and keeps me using b87... Is this still on the radar for de-bugging?

cydthemagi
Kobold

Post by cydthemagi »

So just wondering when we will hear some news on official b90, some of the people I play with are not willing to use the Bata. And with more and more of the group using Roll20, it's getting down to where the only games I have been able to get into are b86.
SO any news will help

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

what are there motives for not using b90-beta.

If the only remark is because it contains '-beta' then that's (too put it mildly) silly as its way more stable then b89.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

wolph42 wrote:what are there motives for not using b90-beta.

If the only remark is because it contains '-beta' then that's (too put it mildly) silly as its way more stable then b89.
Where can I download the beta ?
ImageImageImageImage

Omethiklan
Cave Troll

Post by Omethiklan »

As stated at the top of the page in my previous post, for me the "MapTool forgetting the positions of framework frames"-bug is the show-stopper with b90-beta.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Omethiklan wrote:
As stated at the top of the page in my previous post, for me the "MapTool forgetting the positions of framework frames"-bug is the show-stopper with b90-beta.
Ah this is a b90 bug only? Or is it also in previous versions?

checked: this 'issue' is introduced in b89, and was not present in b87. I remember why this was done: if you save the campaign and switch PCs lets say from true HD to HD resolution then when you open the campaign file and open the frame, its at a position that you can't reach on the low res screen. For this reason the frame position is reset when you restart maptool. Its thus not a bug its a feature (which obviously has its drawbacks.).
As its WAY more annoying when you create your campaign on your PC (high res) and then run your game from a laptop (low res) and find out that you can't reach your frames. Vs. You need to rearrange the frames every time you start, you can bet your a** that this feature will persist now and in future versions.

Note: this is ONLY the case for 'home made frames' panel location *are* stored.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

Can it be made into a checkbox option, local to the installation? Or a menu option to manually reset custom frames only (not the built in panels)? That sounds like it would have the functionality required without seeming like a bug to the folks who don't need it.

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

Just move it to reset when the window is closed and opened, not when loaded from a campaign when it is already loaded. Best of both worlds..?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Mrugnak wrote:Can it be made into a checkbox option, local to the installation? Or a menu option to manually reset custom frames only (not the built in panels)? That sounds like it would have the functionality required without seeming like a bug to the folks who don't need it.
I've added it to the buglist and linked to this thread.

Omethiklan
Cave Troll

Post by Omethiklan »

Thanks, Wolph! Greatly appreciated! I had not realized it was regarded a feature in the meanwhile. The first time it was reported in the b89 thread it was regarded a bug. However, as my framework makes heavily use of user defined frames, a setting to deliberately activate/inactivate the feature would really make my day.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

wolph42 wrote:follow the bag of tricks link in my sig. at the bottom of the OP.
Thanks.
I wonder : why no thread in the announcement forum about the beta ?
ImageImageImageImage

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Natha wrote:
wolph42 wrote:follow the bag of tricks link in my sig. at the bottom of the OP.
Thanks.
I wonder : why no thread in the announcement forum about the beta ?
Because originally it was a test version for the 'testers' however it turned out to be pretty robust so it boiled down to Azh releasing it officially, who has a rather busy schedule....

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Is this the b90 request for test that comes from Az's dropbox?
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Return to “Announcements”