[4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Calgar
Kobold

Re: [4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Post by Calgar »

Using Win7, b89, latest Java and a clean slim framework campaign, everything loads up fine.

Problem occured when trying to copy and paste and create a monster from a stat block in a pdf.

When I click on the import stat block text field and press control (to Ctrl-P the stat block in), it gives me an "Unexpected Error has occured", details below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.Hashtable.hash(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Hashtable.get(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.ArrayTable.get(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.InputMap.get(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JMenuBar.processKeyBinding(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.KeyboardManager.fireBinding(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.KeyboardManager.fireKeyboardAction(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindingsForAllComponents(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.jidesoft.swing.ResizableDialog$1.processKeyBinding(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:38)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

saerrian
Kobold

Post by saerrian »

I love this framework, I am using it right now with the latest maptools, but I seem to be running into an issue and was wondering how to fix it.

I am having trouble getting aoe spells and such to work easily. I was wondering if anybody knew how to do this?
As an example, I was trying for my friend's shaman, which is a close burst 5 that hits everyone.

I was also unsure if anyone knew if healing abilities could be automated but if they aren't, that's fine n.n

fantasmamore
Kobold

Post by fantasmamore »

First of all I want to say a big thank you to everyone involved in creating this framework. It is fantastic! Thank you for all the effort and time that you have put into it, you people are great and you helped me a lot! I just wanted you to know this.

I have a couple of problems running this framework that I don't mind at all, given what it offers. It is one small thing however that I would like to change. Maybe I am the only one interested in this (you will soon understand why) and I don't really expect a solution but I hope that maybe it's just a matter of changing a setting hidden somewhere...

So, when I use greek characters inside a power, I get an error message and the power doesn't work. There are no "strange characters" in fields needed for calculations. I attach two examples, one with a "demo" power" where everything works ok and one with the greek characters and the error message.

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you in advance :)

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

HNY "Slim" fans ... assuming you are still around! :wink: Looking at the user names on this (and previous) page(s) I see you have wisely signed up on my site. That was a smart move but just in case you are a DDI user and considering going back up to Rumble's "fat" version then check out my post there from a couple years back:
StarMan wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:51 pm
Merry Christmas to all who still use this framework! I know it's been a long time since I posted here but I had some extra time to try my hand at this idea:
Longshot wrote:... Sorry, didn't add the PC import feature as of yet. And there are a few bug fixes.

Hope that gets the job done. Have Fun.
Like Rumble himself, Longshot was a good and generous guy so I thought I would do my bit to help fulfill his promise to you. To all those who have tried out my pet project (see this post), I just wanted to let you know the procedure at the bottom of this page has been updated to allow levelling up. Just run the F5 procedure again with your levelled up dnd4e file on an already configured token. All the new weapons, magic items, powers etc. will be added without affecting the data already on the token.

Right now I am halfway through updating all the videos on this page. Needless to say my priority is to finish the MPB ones but look for a video on the F5 deal soon. I will likely tack it on to the end of the Creating Tokens by Importing section. Reply with any questions and all the best in 2017!
I am posting now to let you know I have FINALLY delivered on my promise of a video, if that helps. The delay was due to the fact Rumble crashes with a CME error when editing a power. Thanks to Jagged (I believe) this has been fixed in 1.4.1.8 which I confirmed today. Go to http://macropolicebox.advancedfreeweb.c ... ing-videos and click the first link in the last (i.e. "Obsolete") section.
fantasmamore wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:29 am
So, when I use greek characters inside a power, I get an error message and the power doesn't work. There are no "strange characters" in fields needed for calculations. I attach two examples, one with a "demo" power" where everything works ok and one with the greek characters and the error message.
To be fair to Rumble, I think this is more of a MapTool issue than a framework one. I can tell you the MPB will ignore unrecognized characters entered into its import forms. I saw some posts talking about parameters you can add to the JVM startup line that allows usage of characters from other languages so you may wanna search for those.
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”