Nice to meet you ...

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Drog
Kobold

Re: Nice to meet you ...

Post by Drog »

Greetings to all. I used to play D&D years ago. The last time I was still in college, (those were the days). As I graduated to real life I figured my days of playing were done. I did not realize sites as this existed. So here I am to go all in and try to figure this out. Now last I played a character was on a sheet of paper the DM sat behind a screen with an evil giggle and we ate pizza rolling actual dice. So bear with me as I try to figure the whole virtual table thing. Look forward to having a sucessful campaign.

Drog
Kobold

Post by Drog »

Where does one start if they do not know anything??

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I recommend the video tutorials. It'll give you an idea of what you can do, then you can decide how much you want to learn from there. First time I used MapTool I plugged it in to my TV, used a background map and tokens as place markers and did everything else on paper and rolled dice. I eventually downloaded a user creation (framework) for my game system and then played around with it.

stainedClass
Kobold

Post by stainedClass »

hello all. longtime pnp-rpg reader. not much actual play tho. been playing dnd since AD&D was newest edition, lol.

mostly interested in rifts and palladium megaverse. but i play pathfinder occasionally.

am very shy person, won't comment much, but will be lurking when i can. ;)

y'all seem to got a nice community here. keep up the good work!!

Red
Kobold

Post by Red »

Hi everyone, nice to meet you all!

I'm Red (obviously), first name "Stéphane" (and not Stephanie, thank you very much), I landed on this forum for a very specific reason: I'm a French RPG addict who arrived in the US a year ago and created a free RPG (and the website that goes with it) for fun a couple years ago; since last week, I really consider helping my players to play over the Internet, and I really would like to get some advice on creating a framework for MapTool for playing my game on MapTool. I've started reading tutorials and it seems reasonable to create and share such a framework on my website, with a bit of your help if needed ;)

I'm also a programmer and a music composer :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Welcome Red. Sorry about the delay, but your post didn't show up on the page I usually check. I suggest looking at the video tutorials and the wiki tutorials to familiarize yourself with how things work. There's a lot of good information, if you can find it on the forums. Any question you may have has probably already been asked, but the search engine has its limits, so feel free to post your questions in the proper thread.

Welcome to RPTools.

Emerald Cat
Kobold

Post by Emerald Cat »

Hello, all.

I'm Emerald Cat, and this is my first time posting on the forums here at RPTools. I started playing Pathfinder this summer, and so far I've been enjoying it. I've been reading through the rules, and I've gotten to the point I can play my character without help. Although I still forget some of the exact rules.

Unfortunately, I have fallen out of touch with my brother due to me pursuing an engineering degree, so I only just learned that he also played Pathfinder. We both had been meaning to get back in touch, and playing Pathfinder together seemed like a fun way to do so. But we don't live close enough to play at the same table. So we decided that we would play online.

I've been looking into setting up the online game. I just downloaded MapTools, and so far I like what I see. Knowing me, I'll probably end up with macros for everything to save on typing. Neither of us is experienced enough to GM, so we are going to have to find a good one.

Azhrei was kind enough to give general title formatting instructions on the Looking for Group forum. Does anyone have any advice on what information to include when looking for a game? I have some general ideas about what to include, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Emerald Cat

Elkad
Kobold

Post by Elkad »

Hi. Just wondering why posts in the other forums take several days to be approved?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

To all the new people making posts and not seeing them for over a week.

Sorry, for not catching your posts. If you reply to a post that is more than 2 weeks old sometimes it takes longer to notice. I've been away more often and was hoping other mods would pick up the slack but it apparently slipped their notice as well.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Welcome to the new folks.

We have a number of moderators. The likelihood of waiting days is fairly small but it can happen if everyone gets busy. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
Troll
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

zuzul
Kobold

Post by zuzul »

Hello there,

new french guy, coming from Fantasy Grounds 2 who discovered maptool few days ago. I'm using the FAQ, really helpful for beginning to code here.
Nice to meet you all. I hope I will be able to provide some framworks to you soon!

Return to “General Discussion”