MT1.3b90.01 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

MT1.3b90.01 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Post by lmarkus001 »

This is the MT1.3b87.07.u02 framework tested for the b90 MapTool jar with the addition of upgrading to the latest (v.37d) Wolf42 Bag of Tricks. Future releases of my framework will be using this baseline and the b87 version will no longer be upgraded.

Framework Download MT1.3.b90.01_DnD35_Pathfinder.cmpgn
Alternate download if primary is down

MapTool 1.3.b90 Download

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b91.01 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (In Developmen

Post by lmarkus001 »

Not certain yet. Will do a play test game session in a couple of weeks that should uncover anything I miss.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: MT1.3b91.01 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (In Developmen

Post by Elorebaen »

Here's hoping all goes well. I would love to move to the higher version.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b90.01 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (RELEASED)

Post by lmarkus001 »

As I play with Mote, I find the unicode changes will require a ton of changes to my framework. So while I will be migrating to Mote in the future, don't look for it too soon as I would rather spend hobby time tweaking my working Maptool framework than rewriting a bunch of it.

On the plus side, I have some nice tweaks in development:
Summon Targetting Token directly from Target Area frame
More Polymorph active mods - Elemental Body

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lmarkus001 wrote:As I play with Mote, I find the unicode changes will require a ton of changes to my framework. So while I will be migrating to Mote in the future, don't look for it too soon as I would rather spend hobby time tweaking my working Maptool framework than rewriting a bunch of
Could explain what it is you need to rewrite. I've had encounters with Unicode issues as well, but I still don't quite get what it *is* you need to change. An example maybe?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Fundamentally, my mod-set mechanism have various Unicode related manipulations in them. Some of this is stored on individual tokens, some in table entries, some in a library token, and many different macros. It will just take a lot of time to root out, change, and test all the parts. This is the largest conversion part, but I also have Unicode related changes in many other parts of the framework (like skills).

One example. The system specific set of mod-sets is stored in an encoded table entry. When you change from D&D3.5 to Pathfinder, the table is accessed and that encoded string is converted to a large json on a library token. All of that stored json data will need to be scrubbed as it has Maptool quirky text in it that will have to be corrected. So each individual mod-set will need to be corrected, which will probably mean re-editing them individually. It all kind of cascades.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

lmarkus001 wrote:As I play with Mote, I find the unicode changes will require a ton of changes to my framework.
Are the Mote developers aware that their unicode changes are going to have such an impact on some people's frameworks? After all, their whole "sell" was keeping backward compatibility. What, exactly, is Mote gaining with the unicode change to warrant it a necessity?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

My framework is likely to be the anomaly with regard to level of effort. As I understand it, they are using an up-to-date library that processes correctly, not the aby-normal stuff Maptools does (like you don't double escape \\). Overall Mote seems to do an ok job at importing existing Maptool campaigns. But it does not appear it will be totally compatible, some conversion will be required. I think of Mote as more of Maptool 1.4. The 1.3 line has done a great job of being able to read older campaign files, but we have always understood 1.4 would need to stop making too many compromises moving forward.

For me, this is just hobby time, so I don't want to repeat my conversion effort multiple times as Mote goes through beta. Instead I will wait for it to become close to release before I jump in. There are a ton of great enhancements with Mote, so it will be well worth it.

Meanwhile, making tweaks to my Maptool 1.3.b90 framework will keep my players happy (and those of you that use it as well).

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:My framework is likely to be the anomaly with regard to level of effort. As I understand it, they are using an up-to-date library that processes correctly, not the aby-normal stuff Maptools does (like you don't double escape \\). Overall Mote seems to do an ok job at importing existing Maptool campaigns. But it does not appear it will be totally compatible, some conversion will be required. I think of Mote as more of Maptool 1.4. The 1.3 line has done a great job of being able to read older campaign files, but we have always understood 1.4 would need to stop making too many compromises moving forward.

For me, this is just hobby time, so I don't want to repeat my conversion effort multiple times as Mote goes through beta. Instead I will wait for it to become close to release before I jump in. There are a ton of great enhancements with Mote, so it will be well worth it.

Meanwhile, making tweaks to my Maptool 1.3.b90 framework will keep my players happy (and those of you that use it as well).
Makes sense, and thank you LM!

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

For my Bloodrager class I gain effects when i rage, such as haste/blur/displacement. When I look into "Edit Mods" all it gives me is numbers of stats to change. How do I apply effects such as haste to myself? Use the "Custom Macro to Run" item at the top maybe?

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

smartsoldier wrote:For my Bloodrager class I gain effects when i rage, such as haste/blur/displacement. When I look into "Edit Mods" all it gives me is numbers of stats to change. How do I apply effects such as haste to myself? Use the "Custom Macro to Run" item at the top maybe?
Use Active Mods, or use Sample Toggle a Mod to create a specific mod

Hope that helps!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote:For my Bloodrager class I gain effects when i rage, such as haste/blur/displacement. When I look into "Edit Mods" all it gives me is numbers of stats to change. How do I apply effects such as haste to myself? Use the "Custom Macro to Run" item at the top maybe?
In general you are correct. An Active-Mod is a modification you can apply to your token that changes character values (primarily). So you can tweak character stats, saves, attacks, resistances, movement, vision, global skills. For some of the more off-beat tweaks (like BAB, number of attacks, size change) I have used macros to achieve some success.

There is a Haste active mod you can look at as an example (or if it is exactly what you need, just activate it as needed). As Elorebaen mentioned, a macro placed on your token to toggle a specific mod might make your game play faster and easier. There is a sample macro in the Sample category of the Campaign macros. For example, I had a pixie-rogue that was continuously toggling Invisibility. If you use the main Active Mods macro, it is slow as it brings up the full list of mods and then you choose which you want to activate/deactivate. With a custom toggle macro on the token, it will quickly toggle the hard-coded mod for you. Also remember the character sheet will allow you to easily disable an active active-mod.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

LM,

I have noticed that the attack dialog macro takes about 5 seconds. Is that just me? THanks!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Elorebaen wrote:LM,

I have noticed that the attack dialog macro takes about 5 seconds. Is that just me? THanks!
Could you elucidate a little? Are you talking about launching the old attack Dialog, the current attack Frame, or the time it takes to get results after pressing Attack or OK? When you do an attack, where you including an active mod toggle or just a generic weapon attack?

EDIT: I brought it up on a rather slow tablet/PC I have and I see what you are saying. After pressing OK from the dialog there is about a 5 sec delay, and it is more like 8 sec from ATTACK on the frame. I will poke about and see if there are some performance enhancements to be readily found.

This latest release set has a major rewrite of the attack macro (the lion share I took from Aliasmask). It is no where near as lean as the old macro, but is way more flexible and provides much nicer output.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”