MT1.3b87.07.u02 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (UPDATE 2)

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: MT1.3b87.07.u02 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (UPDATE 2)

Post by wolph42 »

smartsoldier wrote:You are out of bandwidth on the box.com account you are hosting the file on. If you email it to me I can rehost on my account. [email protected]
Edit: I mean to say the campaign file. I am trying to download it but box.com said you are out of bandwidth.
that also explains why i cant download the provided 'bug-test' campaign file you provided for the BoT.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Yea sorry. Can you send me the campaign file that lmarkus001 posted at the start of this thread? I want to download it and host it for some friends but I cannot pull it off his box.com account.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote:Yea sorry. Can you send me the campaign file that lmarkus001 posted at the start of this thread? I want to download it and host it for some friends but I cannot pull it off his box.com account.
Well hell, box continues to be a sub-par tool (their sync app is horrible, it takes upwards of 5 orders of magnitude longer than dropbox, and I have seen log files from it in excess of 1GB!!!). They just gave me 50GB of free storage so thought I would use it, guess it is not useable lol.

Ok I added a dropbox alternate link to the main post (oh btw, if you want to migrate to Maptool 1.3.b90, there is a version of this framework available too). The dropbox link will not be permanent as I am losing most of that storage space soon so will be flushing a lot of files.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

wolph42 wrote:Could you update the links you provided for the BoT issue as well. I can't download them.
I sent you a PM with dropbox links. As it turns out, the public links I posted in your BoT thread were the culprit for my box bandwidth over-use. They are large files and had about 100 downloads. I find it interesting there was 100 downloads of those but only 14 of the framework release!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I've not received a pm.
Note that I did receive your pm about roborally, a while back, so I guess something went wrong with your last pm

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

What exactly will happen if my GM uses this or the b90 version on the b89 maptool version? Any known problems? I need to convince him to switch.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

One important change is the bag of tricks. LM updated this to version 37, which gives a LOT more options and vbl manipulation, however if you use that in v87, stuff like roofs and doors will break.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote:What exactly will happen if my GM uses this or the b90 version on the b89 maptool version? Any known problems? I need to convince him to switch.
The world will spiral into a vortex of marshmallows effectively destroying everything in a soft cocoon of sugary goodness.

He will lose the cool VBL tools that BoT gives. He will need to get rid of the library that patches json.sort. And he won't get the other benefits of b90.

I have not done any b89 testing since my initial forays into b89 which showed me issues that were personal show stoppers. That is why I have been on b87 this entire time. Feel free to test and use on b89 but I no longer have b89 loaded and won't be testing with it. b89 was the first functional Java7 MapTool release and it very quickly showed it needed some patching, which almost happened. b90 is a partial patch to b89 making it a better choice in my opinion.

EDIT:
Alternately, if you wish to stay with the b89 family, the Nerps! fork is pretty excellent. It will give the vbl functionality and he continues to tweak and enhance this version.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Hey one more question: How can I rewrite the "Rage" macro to allow for a zero Will save boost? I am a Crossblooded Bloodrager Archtype whom doesn't receive a Will save boost when raging.

Nosnomis82
Kobold

Post by Nosnomis82 »

A little help. I downloaded the Campaign properties, and everything works great. everything i click on works. That being said i have never used this framework, and i am like a tourist with a translation dictionary. It is moving slow to say the least. Can you point me to a thread explaining how this whole thing works. It is like moving from a Prius to a race car. overwhelming. thanks

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

My players campaign macros do not load unless they log in as GM. Any thoughts?
In addition, when I rage and unrage I gain some HP. Its like it doesn't subtract the bonus HP I gained from the CON increase when I derage.

Also, my buddies and I are all receiving a random -2 on the Misc Attack under Attack Mods when we power attack (in addition to the correct power attack penalty which is separate). Any ideas?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote:Hey one more question: How can I rewrite the "Rage" macro to allow for a zero Will save boost? I am a Crossblooded Bloodrager Archtype whom doesn't receive a Will save boost when raging.
On the main library token, edit the macro pRage (very near the bottom of all of the macros):

pRage

Code: Select all

[H: cancel = input(
  "junk|Rage (Barbarian and Spell)||LABEL|SPAN=TRUE",
  "sB|2,4,6,8,10|STR Bonus|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=1",
  "cB|2,4,6,8,10|CON Bonus|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=1",
  "wB|0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8|WILL Save Bonus|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=2",
  "aP|0,2,4|AC Penalty|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=1",
  "f|No,Yes|Fatigues?|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=1"
)]
[H: abort(cancel)]
[H: sB = (sB + 1) * 2]
[H: cB = (cB + 1) * 2]
[H: aP = aP * 2]

[H: macro.return = json.set("{}","gMs",sB,"gMw",wB,"gMa",aP,"gMf",f,"gMc",cB) ] 

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote:My players campaign macros do not load unless they log in as GM. Any thoughts?
Have you checked: Players Receive Campaign Macros, when you Start the server?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote: In addition, when I rage and unrage I gain some HP. Its like it doesn't subtract the bonus HP I gained from the CON increase when I derage.

Also, my buddies and I are all receiving a random -2 on the Misc Attack under Attack Mods when we power attack (in addition to the correct power attack penalty which is separate). Any ideas?
Good catches, I will get these corrected.

Update: For the Power Attack issue, edit the mod-set and set the MiscAtk value to 0. This will be corrected in the next release.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”