A 5e Character Sheet framework

Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Dervish
Giant

A 5e Character Sheet framework

Post by Dervish »

This framework as been retired
Last edited by Dervish on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

dantarith
Cave Troll

Re: A 5e Character Sheet framework

Post by dantarith »

Nice! I've been working on one myself but I stink at coding these things :oops: I couldn't even get the Inventory drop-in working right on mine lol.
Anyway, I've got some questions for ya.
1. Any chance of adding ProfBonus as a property then adding check buttons next to the different selections like saves and skills to make it appear more like the sheet? Then they can also be calculated automatically when needed. I added mine on the edit macro
Spoiler
<!-- Set the ProfBonus -->
[r, if(InputLevel>=1&&InputLevel<5), CODE: { [h: ProfBonus=2] };{}]
[r, if(InputLevel>4&&InputLevel<9), CODE: { [h: ProfBonus=3] };{}]
[r, if(InputLevel>8&&InputLevel<13), CODE: { [h: ProfBonus=4] };{}]
[r, if(InputLevel>=12&&InputLevel<17), CODE: { [h: ProfBonus=5] };{}]
[r, if(InputLevel>=16&&InputLevel<21), CODE: { [h: ProfBonus=6] };{}]
[r, if(InputLevel>=20&&InputLevel<25), CODE: { [h: ProfBonus=7] };{}]
[r, if(InputLevel>=24&&InputLevel<29), CODE: { [h: ProfBonus=8] };{}]
[r, if(InputLevel>=28&&InputLevel<31), CODE: { [h: ProfBonus=9] };{}]
2. Would you mind an alternate theme for the images table on the buttons? They are kinda blurry and well.... not my colors ;)

3. Any plans on adding backgrounds and their data?
I can modify all this on mine I suppose but I would hate to change everything and then you come out with a brand new spanky version :)

I have changed the inputs for race, class, and alignment to be drop down selections instead to help avoid user input errors. And if they are already assigned their existing selection is automatically chosen.

Overall very nice though thank you so much!!!

Whoops I just noticed you have ProfBonus built in. Would it be to hard to show it on the char sheet?

Dervish
Giant

Post by Dervish »

I am pretty much done for the time being if you want to do an alternate theme for buttons go right ahead however a couple things to consider before adding to the character sheet is that not everyone has 2 screens and some people may even play on a laptop screen real estate can be at a premium design wisely. If i do anything it will be adding descriptions to all the spells and working out monster tokens

Klaive
Cave Troll

Post by Klaive »

Dervish,
I really like the look that this was heading towards, but there seem to be a few things missing or broken.

Are you still working on this or have you decided to leave it as is?

Also, I know you state that we could plagiarize your work so I just may. I think I need to decompress/decode your work so the Marco relations look more sound to me. Is there anyone else out there who has looked at this framework and thought maybe if it had a few changes?

I would greatly appreciate any and all help, as I like character sheet style frameworks the best, they work great for those who have issue connecting to MapTool and a screen share is needed for them. Also work really well for PbP games.

--Klaive

Dervish
Giant

Post by Dervish »

What do you feel is missing ?

Feel free to develop using my stuff, but also look at the stuff Paul Strait is doing with his framework there are whole portions of my framework that i stole shamelessly from him...

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Klaive wrote:...they work great for those who have issue connecting to MapTool and a screen share is needed for them.
So, who has an issue connecting *to* a maptool server?

My guess is that, whoever they are, their problem is loading it properly in the first place (which is usually a very simple problem to fix). Screen sharing for those people is a terrible way to address the issue and building a framework around trying to do that is crazy.

Open a topic to address this user's issue and I'm sure people around here will have it solved in short order.

But it usually comes down to this:

1) Uninstall Java.
2) Install Java. Make sure it's 64 bit if the OS they are using is 64 bit (this means they need to use the Java "offline" install).
3) Install Maptool.
4) Run Maptool using the LAUNCHER file. Not the Maptool file.
5) Accept Java security exception.
6a) Memory settings for 32bit Java (Max/Min/Stack): 1408/64/4
6b) Memory Settings for 64bit Java (Max/Min/Stack): 2048/64/4
7) Connect to properly configured server.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Klaive
Cave Troll

Post by Klaive »

Dervish wrote:What do you feel is missing?
There isn't much missing here, but the skill list is incorrect.
You don't have all the races listed, there are also extras not in the game. Also, none of the races have the sub-race options either.

There is one fix I have already corrected and that was the abilities were listed in a strange order.

For some reason after selecting the proficient skills or saves, the macro or framework doesn't save it to the token so it doesn't roll and I receive this error:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Proficient" error executing expression proficient = json.get(Skill,"Proficient").
This error appears for both skill or save rolls.

Klaive
Cave Troll

Post by Klaive »

Klaive wrote:
Dervish wrote:What do you feel is missing?
There isn't much missing here, but the skill list is incorrect.
You don't have all the races listed, there are also extras not in the game. Also, none of the races have the sub-race options either.

There is one fix I have already corrected and that was the abilities were listed in a strange order.

For some reason after selecting the proficient skills or saves, the macro or framework doesn't save it to the token so it doesn't roll and I receive this error:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Proficient" error executing expression proficient = json.get(Skill,"Proficient").
This error appears for both skill or save rolls.

Dervish or anyone really...
I also am having a hard time locating that macrod in which a couple of new functions are defined. These function all appear as macros on the PC tokens, and they are:

Edit ()

Sheet ()

Name ()

Dervish
Giant

Post by Dervish »

I used synonyms for sleight of hand and animal handling Prestidigitation and Husbandry rather than try to do fancy things with my output
and if you look at the list and read from left to right the skills are in alphabetical order

The error you are receiving is a result of the Skills not having been formatted into objects. If click on proficiencies on the character sheet it will correct this issue after you select the skills you want for your character

the macro is called setup its on Lib:Character under token setup

Dervish
Giant

Post by Dervish »

My group after some deliberation has decided to move on to D20pro and as i have made no changes to the framework in over a year i am putting it up for adoption i will keep hosting the file in my drop box until either someone adopts it or until new years day when i will purge framework will seek deletion of this thread. I can be reached here or [email protected] until new years day

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”