Java.util.zip.Zipexception:error in opening zip file

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Deathbringer30k
Kobold

Post by Deathbringer30k »

Hi, i have been playing with map tool for some time, iv had my fare share of issues with it but i have finally found one thats got me in a bit of a pickle. today i saved my masterpiece. and when i got home and was rdy to start adding more i got an unruly error
Could Not Load campaign.
Now normally this wouldnt have been a bother, every so often my auto save does its job, well now i think that ill just load up the auto save and life will be great, then i get hit with the same error. my real problem here is the only auto save that seems to work is saved about 6 hrs before the last auto save and my personal save.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Java.util.zip.Zipexception:error in opening zip file

Post by wolph42 »

That sounds like a corrupted save file.
Try using a zip fix program to fix the zip, however i think your screwed.

My advise: install Dropbox and work from there. Every time you save a repository is created so you van always go back to earlier saves.
That and backup often!!

Deathbringer30k
Kobold

well now something odd, i cant use the autosave at all or load the auto saves that i could load last night but i could load the save now i cant even save regular even as a different save. im so confused. iv been saving for hours but now randomly i cant save again and its frozen....

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

My only advice is to save often and in incremented file names. Having dropbox open and working directly from the dropbox directory does this for you with version history, but I don't do that. I usually do mine by game date and I may toss on an "a" or something if I'm not sure how something will work out. Set your auto save to around an hour or more and never ever use the save on exit. Save first, then exit. This is what I do and I haven't had a problem in the last 5 years. But like wolph42 said, you're probably SOL.

Deathbringer30k
Kobold

aliasmask wrote:My only advice is to save often and in incremented file names. Having dropbox open and working directly from the dropbox directory does this for you with version history, but I don't do that. I usually do mine by game date and I may toss on an "a" or something if I'm not sure how something will work out. Set your auto save to around an hour or more and never ever use the save on exit. Save first, then exit. This is what I do and I haven't had a problem in the last 5 years.
auto save no matter how i set it give me an error every time now, simply not usable, im thinking about a fresh re-install on maptools but i am going to do this dropbox idea sounds useful.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Deathbringer30k wrote:
aliasmask wrote:My only advice is to save often and in incremented file names. Having dropbox open and working directly from the dropbox directory does this for you with version history, but I don't do that. I usually do mine by game date and I may toss on an "a" or something if I'm not sure how something will work out. Set your auto save to around an hour or more and never ever use the save on exit. Save first, then exit. This is what I do and I haven't had a problem in the last 5 years.
auto save no matter how i set it give me an error every time now, simply not usable, im thinking about a fresh re-install on maptools but i am going to do this dropbox idea sounds useful.
make sure you get an invite for dropbox, this gives you more space!!! (if you want I can send you one, pm me your email address to which you want it linked)

Deathbringer30k
Kobold

iv had a drop box it came with my galaxy. but thanks for the offer

Deathbringer30k
Kobold

But how exactly would one use drop box in that manor.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

If autosave isn't working, then either the target is write protected (you don't have permission) or the way your'e running MapTool is wrong (like from inside a zip folder). Those are my two best guesses.

Deathbringer30k
Kobold

Hmm well it is in its original folder but thats why i hate win.rar, ill do fresh install and see how that goes

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Have some helpful tools here for a windows install: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25523

I recommend installing only java 7 since there is a bug that shows up with java 8, but only in relation to <style> tags. If that's not an issue for you (not using 3.5/PF FW or similar) then java 8 works fine.

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”